Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Miscarriage change Donor?

yogibabyyogibaby Posts: 122
edited November -1 in Miscarriage/Loss
I am about to miscarry from my first ICI attempt. It was a BFP, but at my 6wk6day appt the baby was measuring behind and the heart rate was too low (in the 80s). My hcg is dropping and my progesterone is low.
There have been no known pregnancies with Donor 410z, the one I used. I wonder when I recover months down the road if I should move on to another donor. Is it better to choose a donor with reported pregnancies? I probably will get some genetic testing for myself but I feel like maybe it just wasn't strong enough sperm to make the ICI journey. I'd like to try one more ICI before saving for IUI or IVF.

I am 32, regular cycles, no known fertility issues.
TTC #1: August 2017 - ICI BFP- miscarried @7weeks
TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.

Comments

• SPJ&ESPJ&E Posts: 874 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry for your loss.

We conceived on the first try 6 years ago, but had an early miscarriage. That donor did have pregnancy reported, but to this day, I dont know of any actual live births. I do know several who had miscarriages though. It could have been coincidence, but who knows.

We chose to switch donors, just for peace of mind. When my cycle returned, we decided to jump right back in. I got pregnant on the first try again and our son is now 6. Our son's donor had no pregnancy reported, but after getting pregnant, several others also got pregnant on the first try using him.

Good luck with whatever decision you make!
    Mom to P (13), J (11), E (6), and Q (born December 2017)
  • yogibabyyogibaby Posts: 122
    edited November -1
    Thank you for your kind words. I probably will switch donors as well.

How many vials did you use with your son? or any other tips if you did a home insemination. I did use the softcups and and elevated hips. One vial about 12, 24, and 36 hours post LH surge.
    TTC #1: August 2017 - ICI BFP- miscarried @7weeks
    TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.
    edited November -1
    We used 2 ICI vials...1 around 12 hours after positive and 1 around 24 hours after positive. We didn't do anything special. We just used a syringe to insert and then I kept my butt elevates for about an hour after. I did roll to a different side about every 15 minutes...started on my back, then left side, then stomach, then right side, then back. I read somewhere that it helps to coat the cervix and allow as many swimmers as possible to get through. Seems to be pretty effective for me at least.
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I am sorry. There can be many reasons for miscarriages. I had several. If you really like your donor I'd go ahead and try again..but sometimes it is psychologically cleansing to just start everything over new.
  • reednakitareednakita Posts: 104
    edited November -1
    @SPJ&E Hello you had a miscarraige by donor 410Z? And sorry for your loss.
    edited November -1
    reednakita wrote:
    @SPJ&E Hello you had a miscarraige by donor 410Z? And sorry for your loss.

Thank you. My loss was over 6 years ago, using 180L.
  • reednakitareednakita Posts: 104
    edited November -1
    @SPJ&E you're welcome! I lost my son at 5 months. So I know how you feel. Do you mind sharing what donor number you were successful with after your loss? I'm leaning towards 410Z or 1586. Thank you for responding!!