Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Vitamin B3 Niacin

old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
edited November -1 in Miscarriage/Loss
I just read an article from the New England Journal of Medicine concerning adding Vitamin B3--Niacin for women who have had miscarriages...I just to put this out there for you to research and make your own decision. It is too late for me..my age has caught up with me but throughout the years I would have done anything to help my chances. I had several miscarriages. Good Luck to all of you.

Comments

• ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    How are you doing Old mama? Has the grandbaby been born yet? Hope you are well.
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Lit a candle for remembrance of those babies lost way too soon. Thought I would pop on to see if anyone else had. I am doing well. Time doesn't ease pain all that much but you do go on. My grandson will be 1 on Oct. 22 and my granddaughter is 6 months old. Both sets of parents have moved away so I don't get to see them much. But, they have their lives to live. Honestly, sometimes it was hard for me to be around them...I lost my last baby a year ago..so it was a little painful.
  • ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    I am so sorry that they have moved away. I am sure it is hard with them being away & hard with them being close. many hugs! I lit a candle for my 5 angels.
    old mama wrote:
    Lit a candle for remembrance of those babies lost way too soon. Thought I would pop on to see if anyone else had. I am doing well. Time doesn't ease pain all that much but you do go on. My grandson will be 1 on Oct. 22 and my granddaughter is 6 months old. Both sets of parents have moved away so I don't get to see them much. But, they have their lives to live. Honestly, sometimes it was hard for me to be around them...I lost my last baby a year ago..so it was a little painful.
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT