Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

ICI at home...BFP!!!

LavenderMoonLavenderMoon Posts: 5
edited November -1 in At-Home Insemination
Hi everyone!
This morning I just got my first ever BFP! My wife and I are overjoyed!
This was our third unmedicated ICI attempt at home. We inseminated 3 times, 18 hrs after I saw peak fertility on the Clearblue, then 24, 34. I’m so confused though, about how to calculate how far along I am since it seems drs count from the last menstrual period...but that would make me 3 weeks, 4 days along when we only inseminated on March 3rd and 4th? Seems silly to count those extra weeks when we know pretty much exactly when we conceived. Any thoughts on this?

Comments

• yogibabyyogibaby Posts: 122
    edited November -1
    Hi!
    They give you two weeks at ovulation, which is why they measure my your last menstrual period. From the last menstrual period they tack on 280 days. That is how those classic pregnancy wheels work. If your periods are irregular they may use ultrasound to date you and give you a due date. My OB uses the last menstrual date and then compares it to an early ultrasound for measurement. With later ultrasounds the baby moves or grows and measures ahead making dating more difficult.
    My due date coincides with my first ultrasound and my last menstrual period. If I go by my ovulation then my due date would be two days before the due date I got from my OB.
    In the end it doesn't really matter they just use it to date you.
    Even if you know when you inseminated and are pretty sure when you ovulate there is still a day or two fluctuation based on the fact that of the egg sitting there for 12 hours or so or the fact that implantation of the embryo are different among different women.
    People that undergo IVF are the only ones that the doctor knows 100% their conception date. I believe they just add 266 to the date of transfer.
    The embryo and later fetus has measurements it should be based on how many weeks it is.
    It is just a system to standardize measurement to track embryonic/fetal growth.
    At 12 weeks my baby measures a five days ahead. That could differ among ultrasound techs too and the fact that they (fetuses) squirm. lol
    Best of luck! Congrats!
    TTC #1: August 2017 - ICI BFP- miscarried @7weeks
    TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.
  • ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    congratulations
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • 2HopefulMommies2HopefulMommies Posts: 172
    edited November -1
    Congratulations!!!
  • src138src138 Posts: 19
    edited November -1
    With your other attempts did you do three inseminations at the same time intervals?
    TTC #1: 1 IUI vial 1/11-BFN
    #2: 1 IUI vial 3/1-BFN (would have done two vials but UPS delivered late)
    #3: 1 IUI vial 4/19 12 hrs after + opk; 2nd IUI vial 28 hrs after + opk; BFN
    #4: 1 IUI vial; Femera for 5 days; Ovidrel Trigger 7/25; IUI 7/27; BFN
    #5: 1 IUI vial; Femera for 5 days; Ovidrel Trigger 10/9; IUI 10/11; BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10/25
  • LavenderMoonLavenderMoon Posts: 5
    edited November -1
    src138 wrote:
    With your other attempts did you do three inseminations at the same time intervals?

We did them 12 and 12 hrs after.