Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Keeping tank past 7 days

2HopefulMommies2HopefulMommies Posts: 172
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Has anyone had to keep the tank longer than 7 days?
If so, how exactly does it work? I.e. - would I need to call/email them? Is our shipping label still good or would we have to pay a separate return shipping?

We should've had a peak either yesterday or today (most likely today) but so far, she's still testing High. We have 4 vials this month and don't want to waste any or be rushed to use them. We are doing 0/12/24/36 hours past peak so if she doesn't hit Peak tonight, we won't be able to return the tank on Friday like we need to.

Any advice or past experiences would be helpful to know how to proceed.

Comments

• yogibabyyogibaby Posts: 122
    edited November -1
    I think someone else said that happened to them and to call and it was like $15 a day. It wasn’t a big deal but to let them know.
    TTC #1: August 2017 - ICI BFP- miscarried @7weeks
    TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.
  • myoung96myoung96 Posts: 22
    edited November -1
    I’d say call them definitely, I know we have to let them know. Ask about the label but from my personal experience, prepaid UPS labels are valid for 30 days so you should be good on that part. Good luck! We almost had to keep ours but that solid smiley finally popped up.
  • 2HopefulMommies2HopefulMommies Posts: 172
    edited April 2018
    Hit peak tonight so we won’t be needing to keep it past Friday morning, luckily.
    Now, fingers crossed these little men do their job.
  • heyjudemommyheyjudemommy Posts: 10
    edited April 2018
    sending sooooo much luck!!!

I'm still getting flashy smiles too hoping for a solid tomorrow as a midwife agreed to come do an IUI for $50 !!!!!!

come on sticky babies!!!!!!
  • myoung96myoung96 Posts: 22
    edited November -1
    $50?! You don’t happen to be in Northern CA? That’s a deal. I need a midwife like that if I have to try again. Good luck!
    edited November -1
    No dip this morning though.. so now I’m back on the fence. We did 1 last night, planned to do 1 this morning, 1 tonight and 1 more tomorrow morning but now I’m not so certain... her cycle is killing me this month! Lol
  • RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would be unusual to ovulate so soon after peak. Typical range is 24-48 hours. It’s better to have sperm waiting on the egg (vs inseminating after ovulation), so your timing is probably still fine.
    edited November -1
    Usually, the day after she tests "Peak" she dips. But this one has been different. We decided not to inseminate this morning, but we will do it tonight, tomorrow morning, and tomorrow around 1 or 2 PM before we ship the tank back.
    I just felt it would be a waste to do any this morning, if she isn't going to ovulate until tomorrow that would be too soon. So, I feel like the one we did last night was probably not the most useful. We will chalk that one up as the "free" one we got with the Spring Sale.
    edited November -1
    I’ve never gotten a dip after I peak/ surge.
    I’ve gotten a dip before my peak/surge but then just a climb in temp post ovulation. Temping is frustrating and so much can affect temps (sleeping less, mouth breathing, etc) that I wouldn’t let it freak you out. Redheather is totally right about having the egg there first. Babydust! My fingers are crossed! Keep us updated!
    TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.
    edited November -1
    Man, oh, man. I've never been so happy for a cycle to be over. We are in the TWW - for whatever that's worth this month. Her cycle was all over the place as she only really had a period for 3 days and it was very light for her, her temps were very different than all previous months of tracking, she hit peak at night for the first time, she actually had what we believe to be ovulation pains last night and has never had that before, and we only used 2 of the 4 vials. We are returning the other 2 to use next month when we are back to a regular cycle (hopefully). We will still test in 2 weeks, but I'm not over the moon confident by any means.
    edited November -1
    I think the ovulation pains were a great sign. When were the ovulation pains compared to insemination timings?
    At least the silver lining is that you have two vials for next month ready to go.
    I will have fingers crossed for you! This donor has had really high counts on IUI sperm and it only takes one to get in!
    edited November -1
    @yogibaby: We did our second vial during the O pains as soon as she got home from work.
    edited April 2018
    So here is a look at this month's chart. Today is the disconnected dot because we were trying to see what the coverline was before she put in today's temps. Once she put today in, it removed the crosshairs and said FF cannot determine when ovulation occurred.

Can you have Peak testing and not ovulate?

ds1ls.jpg

And then, a look at the 3 previous cycles + this one on an overlay. You can see how different this month has been.. This month is the orange line.

j8mt5h.jpg
    edited November -1
    Don't trust the cross hairs on ovulation.
    This was my bfp cycle. Notice the cross hairs are different from actual ovulation. My actual ovulation is in green the purple cross hairs are what the app calculated.
    I would't stress about her chart I think it still looks very promising. Keep her tummy warm and try to keep her relaxed.

2vtw4ut.png
    edited November -1
    It is possible to peak and not ovulate.
    That was happening to my sister in law and brother. They would see the peak from the OPK but discovered at the doctor that her progesterone showed she wasn't ovulating.

The reason the app couldn't tell was the drop in the last temp. It could however be a difference in sleep pattern. 7 to 10 days after she ovulated or you all think she ovulated you can get a progesterone test. If it is low it means she didn't ovulate. It should be at least 10 I believe.
    If she isn't ovulating a lot of people respond to clomid.
    edited November -1
    @yogibaby: we have progesterone tests but haven’t really needed to use them because all signs were clear before. This month we will test and see.
    Her temp spiked today and FF decided to put the crosshairs back on the original day that it detected O.
    Only time will tell.
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't worry about that one temp. I think they usually look for a rise 5 or 6 days post ovulations. Anyway... inseminating with those ovulation pains is a wonderful sign. Fingers crossed for you two. I don't think I know of people who get the ovulation pain with out ovulating.
  • reednakitareednakita Posts: 104
    edited November -1
    @myoung96 hello how are you feeling? Did you get a BFP?
    edited November -1
    12dpo, BFN as of this evening. We just got back from out of town so we actually waited until today to test.
    edited November -1
    @2HopefulMommies
    Try again with FMU. It's not over till AF shows.
    Hoping for a BFP for you two.
    edited November -1
    No BFP with FMU either. But her temp went up more today. AF is due tomorrow, guess we will see.
    Anyone hear from myoung96?
    edited November -1
    14DPO, AF was due this morning which generally means she would've been spotting yesterday. No spotting, and no AF as of yet. But also, no BFP either. Temp is continuing to rise.

1rcild.jpg

23qx5jd.jpg

10n9qow.jpg
  • heyjudemommyheyjudemommy Posts: 10
    edited November -1
    9dpo faint faint faint line... we thhhhhiiinnnnnnkkkkkkkk.... we used same donor right? ???? AF due the 12th
    edited November -1
    @2HopefulMommies good luck fingers crossed!! Did you do it at home or with a doctor?
    edited November -1
    @heyjudemommy good luck on your BFP!! You did at home or IUI? I'm doing IUI in July with donor #8843
    edited November -1
    @heyjudemommy - you used 8843 as well, right? If so, yes. We did use the same donor. Good luck! Hoping that line gets darker for you!

@reednakita - we did it at home. This is our 4th cycle, all at home. We had thought about switching and going the Doctor route, but changed donors instead. Wanting to try this a few more times if need be and then reconsider.
    edited November -1
    @2HopefulMommies okay I'm excited for you ladies. I hope this is it!! His sperm seems very potent lol
    edited November -1
    @2hopefulmommies- I think I see something.
    I have ridiculously good eyesight...
    I have my fingers crossed for you two....
    Frer or in a few days it should be darker......
    @heyjudemommy - I hope that line gets darker!
    edited November -1
    Thanks yogibaby. How’s your pregnancy treating you?
    We did FRER yesterday, with no luck. Maybe try again in the morning if her temp is still up.
    edited November -1
    It's good so far.... I just had to put the kid on a waiting list for daycare for district employees (I am a teacher) for the 2019-2020 school year this next school year is already full. It makes me really nervous to do something like that when I don't have a baby in my arms yet.... Anatomy scan this Tuesday. Fingers crossed for me that the placenta has moved up.
    I had a clear negative the day before my positive....I hope tomorrow brings good news.
    The temps being up is exciting. My fingers crossed it stays up and you all get a BFP in the morning.