Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

FedEx Delivery

2HopefulMommies2HopefulMommies Posts: 172
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Apparently NW has switched from UPS to FedEx. With UPS, I could sign in advance on the app. So far, with the FedEx app, it is not allowing me to do so. I'm hoping that will change by Monday afternoon/Tuesday morning as the delivery is scheduled for Tuesday. We didn't know about the change or I would've had the tank delivered to my work address.

Has anyone been able to sign in advance for the FedEx delivery yet?

Comments

• reednakitareednakita Posts: 104
    edited November -1
    @2HopefulMommies Hey there. I noticed it's FedEx now also. I don't know anything about the signature on the app though. I'm crossing my fingers this cycle takes for you guys. I had Donor #8843 shipped to my doctor's office they recieved it Friday. I get my medicated IUI in July. The other times were unmedicated seeing as though I don't have any fertility issues. But I chose to do medicated since I'm tired of trying. Me and my Wife just want our healthy baby already. Here's to praying this is it for both of us. ☺
  • 2HopefulMommies2HopefulMommies Posts: 172
    edited May 2018
    @reednakita Thank you and best of luck to you! When are you expecting to insem in July? Can't wait to see how it turns out for you!! Think positive!

Also, I'm hoping the radio silence from myoung96 and heyjudemommy is a good sign.. You haven't heard from either of them have you?
    edited November -1
    @2HopefulMommies thank you. I will ovulate sometime the week of July 20. I'm doing Femara cycle days 3-7 then trigger after my doctor does my scan and let's me know when to do the trigger shot. I haven't seen anything from them two @myoung96 @heyjudemommy. I was thinking the same maybe they're pregnant hopefully ☺ positive thoughts
    edited May 2018
    So I've done some research, and Signature Release is not offered by FedEx. So I requested to work from home tomorrow for the scheduled delivery date. I just got a notification from the FedEx app that the package is out for delivery - today. If we could sign in advance, this wouldn't be an issue. Or if we had known and had it delivered to my work address, again it wouldn't be an issue. But we are both at work, so I guess it will be reattempted tomorrow.
    We are emailing Dani @ NW because this brings up a question for future months.

If the scheduled delivery date was 5/22 and FedEx decided to deliver 5/21 - when does our 7 days start? Also, 7 days from 5/21 is a holiday, so we intentionally did not choose that delivery date since nothing will be running on 5/28.

Would NW count the 21st as the start of the 7 day rental? I can see issues arising from this if you had planned to have it a few days early, as they recommend, but you don't need to use it until what would be your 6th day (evening) or 7th day (morning) but they delivered it early so now it's technically the 7th day (evening) or 8th day (morning)...
    edited November -1
    Response from NW:
    To answer your question you have 7 days from when you pick up/sign for the package to get returned. I did look into your tracking and I do find it odd that you will be getting it today instead of tomorrow like requested. I am very sorry for this and I will make sure you will not be charged a late Dewar fee. Please let me know if you have any more questions or concerns.
    edited November -1
    @2HopefulMommies I'm so glad you got that figured out! Now if you would have wanted it a day early that wouldn't have happened lol. It's always 7 days from the day you actually get it. Actually when we tried it at home I didn't ovulate when I thought I would so I had the dewar for 10 days. And I was waiting for them to charge me the 20 bucks a day for the 3 days over and they never did. FedEx said my dewar this past Friday for my clinic would arrive by 4:30 Friday. I was terrified because they close at 4 on Fridays 5 Mon-Fri. But they ended up changing it to 11:50 -2:50. It got there at 1. I was so relieved Haha!
    edited November -1
    @reednakita That's nice that you didn't get charged extra! And I'm glad your dewar made it in time! Is storage cheaper at the clinic than NW?
    edited November -1
    @2HopefulMommies my clinic doesn't charge as long as you're not trying to store for like a year. So it will be there for 2 months when we try. It's 45 bucks a month for NW to hold it. It's free for 30 days with NW then 45 a month after that. So it would have been a month on the 20th of this month that I had it with NW so I had it shipped out on the 15th. So it all worked out. Praying this is it for us because I won't be able to try again until next year. And after this donor 8843 won't be donating anymore. So we will have to pick another donor.
    edited November -1
    Fingers and toes crossed!
    edited November -1
    @2HopefulMommies yes!! Did everything go good with you ladies receiving your package? When will you be inseminating?
    edited November -1
    Yes, thank you. She just tested High this morning, Peak should be hopefully Thursday or Friday. We want to do Saturday morning/Saturday night ideally since we are trying to get it timed right to do the IUI with the midwife. But I'll definitely let you know.

Before your comment earlier, I didn't realize 8843 had less than 12 remaining.. We just got a few more just in case. Figure we wouldn't have a hard time selling them if we didn't need them and we'd rather have them than not.
  • yogibabyyogibaby Posts: 122
    edited November -1
    @ 2hopefulmommies

Fingers crossed that you don’t need them and this cycle works! What timing are you going for this time?
    TTC #1: August 2017 - ICI BFP- miscarried @7weeks
    TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.
    edited November -1
    @2HopefulMommies yes he's running out and not donating anymore after that. Hoping this is it for both of us. Yayy good luck looking forward to your Wife's BFP ☺
    edited November -1
    Just hit peak this morning. IUI scheduled for this evening with the midwife. We will do the Stork tomorrow morning. I'm feeling really positive this morning.
    edited November -1
    @2HopefulMommies yayy I hope this is it fingers crossed.
    edited May 2018
    @2HopefulMommies hey how is your Wife feeling? When will you guys be testing? Fingers crossed!
    edited November -1
    @reednakita Hi!! She is feeling fine. We just got back from vacation and although it was a little early did a test this morning. Negative, of course. But AF isn’t due until the 7th so there’s still time!
    edited November -1
    @2HopefulMommies hey there! It's so tempting to test early lil. That was the perfect time to take a vacation too. Okay can't wait until you guys get your positive!
    edited November -1
    Omg I'm on pin and needles for you guys ???????? lol. I'm losing it Haha @2HopefulMommies
    edited November -1
    All signs of AF have arrived as of yesterday along with a drop in temp today. :/ Onto Cycle 6 I believe.

Still nothing from heyjude or myoung, huh?... I'm REALLY hoping they got good news and are just playing it safe and waiting to say anything.
    edited November -1
    @2HopefulMommies aww damn! You're still not out though unless AF shows her ugly face. No I have been looking up their names and even @ them but no response. Hopefully they say something.
    edited November -1
    This is true. I do expect it to come on time (tomorrow) with all of her signs/symptoms but you never know. I would just be concerned about such a late implantation if that's what's going on with the huge drop. I'll let you know tomorrow though!
    edited November -1
    I’m sorry @2Hopefulmommies maybe there will be a surprise though.
    If not have you all considered moving on with some assistance from clomid? I’m really pulling for you two.
    TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.
    edited November -1
    @2HopefulMommies okay please let me know. You know know what's going to happen. You guys still have a chance ☺
    edited November -1
    Well, she started yesterday.

We are planning to do 2 IUIs with the midwife this next cycle.

@yogibaby We haven't talked about Clomid yet. Is that something we would need to go to an actual doctor for?
    edited June 2018
    That AF. Sorry hun.

ordinarily yes....in the if sense of if you need things completely by the book...
    I might know someone wanting to unload theirs. She had been trying for three years and clomid made the difference for her. She is about 16 weeks now.

PM me on FB, or I can email you-if that works better (if you and your wife are interested).

Clomid made the difference for me too it helps select for the best egg and in a way protects you from miscarriage by boosting your progesterone levels during the TWW. The only side effects I had were being bitchy and feeling ovulation stronger. Anyway, some doctors will prescribe a few months of it and then move on to trouble shooting more stuff.
    edited November -1
    @yogibaby PM sent. Thanks!
    edited November -1
    @2HopefulMommies sorry to hear that! Next month will be cycle 4 of trying for me. I got pregnant the first IUI ended in a chemical pregnancy. I don't have fertility issues it's all about timing plus I have 7 kids. So this time I will be using Femara. It's like clomid it helps with a stronger ovulation for women who ovulate on their own like me and your Wife. And helps women who dont ovulate at all to ovulate. So it boosts our chances. I'm doing the trigger shot also which makes you ovulate between 24 to 36 hours. When will you guys be trying again?
    edited November -1
    I just emailed our midwife to see if she's comfortable with it for this cycle. Hopefully she will be good with it and write the prescription. Today is CD2, so she would need to start taking it tomorrow.

Due to ovulate around the 21st, so around that date.

7 kids? That's impressive!! Hopefully this 4th cycle for you will be the one!
    edited November -1
    @2HopefulMommies that would be amazing us pregnant at the same time and due a month apart. Some people do says 3-7 and some do days 5-9. My doctor has me doing days 3/7. Hopefully your Midwife is down for the cause lol. Yes 6 girls and 1 boy. Funny thing is I want another girl Haha ☺