Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Baby arrival

yogibabyyogibaby Posts: 122
edited September 2018 in Pregnancy and Babies
Baby came into the world after a 17 hour induction. 9/8/18
Went from 1-3cm with back labor suffered through and got to 10cm with the epidural. Pushed for an hour before doctor had to call it for baby’s heart rate. Ceasarean and out came William Anthony @ 1:48 am and weighing 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long at 37 weeks 5 days. His eyes are grey and hair medium brown.
I will add a pic when I am at home at a computer. I am in love.
I had to have an a blood transfusion and spent a day separated from him in the icu. However, we had started breastfeeding and he is a little piglet. Still not sure what donor. The hospital doesn’t blood type baby the pediatrician will have to do that later.
This has been the journey. And this baby is all love as long as he is fed and clean!
Will update with pics soon.

wh2bl.jpg

29zv2h2.jpg
TTC #1: August 2017 - ICI BFP- miscarried @7weeks
TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.

Comments

• RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats!
  • 2HopefulMommies2HopefulMommies Posts: 172
    edited November -1
    Congratulations!!
  • reednakitareednakita Posts: 104
    edited November -1
    @yogibaby congrats!!! He sounds perfect.
  • tealbowtealbow Posts: 43
    edited November -1
    So exciting! Glad he is here!
    At home ICI Dec 2017 - BFN
    At home ICI January 2018 - BFP at 10dpo
    Baby girl born September 2018
  • tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    congrats!! just know that the heart rate dropping is normal as they squeeze thru the birth canal. its for their protection as they need to be calmer to get thru that space. I work in this field :)

also you can do a blood typing of your own at home if you like. its called an eldon card. you could have done that thru the umbilical cord to not poke the baby.
  • yogibabyyogibaby Posts: 122
    edited November -1
    Thank you all!!!! I am so in love. He is my heart!!!! <3<3

@tiny -
    yes, thank you :-) if it wasn't for the clots in my placenta and I was a normal pregnancy I would have pushed for another 2 hours - dr said it was common for first time moms. We just couldn't trust integrity of placenta. Really it is why I didn't want the epidural intially(I had trouble feeling for pushing) . I just couldn't take the pain baby was sunny side up....it was the back labor that was killing me with the added enjoyment of pitocin. I made it for two hours by myself before begging for the epidural. I also wanted other positions.

My nurse mentioned that about the cord blood. And then another nurse told me something else. His pediatrician told me she would just write the lab request though.

29zv2h2.jpg

wh2bl.jpg
    TTC #1: August 2017 - ICI BFP- miscarried @7weeks
    TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.
  • mng3795mng3795 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    @yogibaby Hope all is well with you and your baby! I'm guessing you recently celebrated his first birthday!