Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Ovulation Timing With Clomid

RcomanRcoman Posts: 6
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hi Everyone!

It's nice to meet you all. I've been reading this forum nonstop since we purchased our sperm last week. My wife and I are planning to begin our journey to ttc in the next few weeks. I am planning to take Clomid and do home IUIs for this cycle. I'm just wondering what your experiences have been with ovulation timing while taking Clomid. We are trying to plan when we need to schedule our shipment! I've read that Clomid can make you ovulate earlier or later, so I'm not sure what to expect.

Thanks!
Rebecca
Rebecca and Courtney
taking Ovasitol (for PCOS) and Prenatals

TTC #1 with Clomid 50 mg CD 3-7 and at home IUI with 2 vials, planned for mid-December, 2018

Comments

• edited November -1
    We purchased 2 vials this cycle. 2 donors. Perfectly timed iui on second vial. 100 mg clomid...we are feeling pretty down as we texted BFN today at 11 dpiui. So next cycle we will use 4 vials. The frozen sperm lives only 6-12 hours as opposed to fresh..so timing is so crucial. For IUI it has to be so spot on. We did Iui at 18 hrs past peak and then 36 hrs. The second wAs likely within an hour of Ovulation...feeling fairly defeated. I understand that it doesn’t always work the first time but it still sucks...now we just have to wait...we will do round 2 in February with 3 or 4 vials...
    Jessica & Amanda
    Married 8 years
    2 French Bulldogs AKA our life

@ home IUI cycle #1 w/ 100 mg clomid, CBFM, Charting 5 cycles
    Minimum of 2 vials per cycle
  • RcomanRcoman Posts: 6
    edited November -1
    I'm so sorry Amanda. I can only imagine how discouraging that is. We are SO excited starting this journey, but it's almost impossible to keep my expectations realistic. Without documented infertility, I think the statistic is that 75% of couples will conceive within 3 cycles, so fingers crossed for the next one! Please keep us posted! I have a couple of questions for you, if you don't mind!

Which cycle days did you take the Clomid? What cycle day did you ovulate, and how far from your typical ovulation timing without Clomid was it? I should be starting my Clomid any day now, but I'm trying to figure out when we should plan to have our vials delivered!

Also, if you don't mind sharing, which donor are you using? We haven't seen any pregnancies from the donor we chose - 782D - on this forum, but his NW profile says he has reported pregnancies.

Thank you, and lots of baby dust on your continued journey!
    Rebecca
    Rebecca and Courtney

TTC #1 with Clomid 50 mg CD 3-7 and at home IUI with 2 vials, planned for mid-December, 2018
  • yogibabyyogibaby Posts: 122
    edited November -1
    I did 50mg cd 3-7 of clomid.
    Day 12 I got a ultrasound to measure follicles. I did indeminations at 12/24/33 hours post trigger. 24 hours was at home iui. On day 12 my follicle was 23mm so my doctor had given me the trigger (10,000 iu units hcg). Trigger was out by 10 dpo. 11dpo bfp.
    TTC #1: August 2017 - ICI BFP- miscarried @7weeks
    TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.
  • RcomanRcoman Posts: 6
    edited November -1
    Congrats on your sweet baby! Thank you so much for that reply! Cycle Day 1 is today, so I will do Clomid CD3-7 and order sperm to get here CD12! Hopefully that timing works! I typically have 30 day cycles and ovulate CD16-18, but I’m guessing there’s a chance it’ll be sooner with the Clomid. Thank you again!
    Rebecca and Courtney

• yogibabyyogibaby Posts: 122
    edited November -1
    Thank you and You are welcome.
    Yes, I used to be a cd 14-15 day ovulater with a 28/29 day cycle.and it moved me up to day 13. So it’s better to be safe and prepare for early ovulation. :-)
    TTC #1: August 2017 - ICI BFP- miscarried @7weeks
    TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.