Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Planning & TTC

figtreefigtree Posts: 9
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hello!

My wife and I purchased 9 vials from our chosen donor... he has less than 12 remaining now and I want to have at least 2 kids that are related.

Is it excessive to purchase more? How many more? We are TTC for the first time two weeks from now and I’m feeling stressed that it will take multiple tries. We had to use a new 0% interest credit card to afford this many... do we tack on more in case?

I’m 29, 122 lbs, 5’3” - no known fertility issues. I have a 24-25 day cycle with a 9-10 day luteal phase.

For the past few weeks I’ve been taking Ritual prenatals, flaxseed oil, calcium, vit d (I’m deficient)... and last week I started coenzyme10, pomegranate extract, red raspberry leaf extract, pink stork probiotics, and evening primrose oil. I started using progesterone cream the other day to increase my luteal phase.

I came off of 3 prescription meds the beginning of November and am down to 30mg of duloxetine a day.

We plan to do home insemination - two per cycle at positive OPK (also monitoring changes in CM and cervix texture and position with a speculum) and 12 hours later - home IUI (we have everything sterile and IUI vials). OR maybe ICI.

Support, suggestions, anything, please! I feel crazy trying to make everything perfect so that we have enough vials for siblings.

Comments

• KatKat Posts: 40
    edited November -1
    If you're not in a hurry to conceive, I'd suggest you only use one vial per try for the first two or three times. We did one regular vaginal insemination per try and it worked on the second time (we used Robitussin that time, that may or may not have been the difference).

I would strongly suggest not using a bunch of herbal fertility remedies if you don't have any fertility problems and have never tried to get pregnant before. What is helpful to someone with PCOS or endometriosis could be detrimental to someone with no such problems. Plenty of water and a prenatal should be more than enough for someone with your health background.

If you can reasonably afford a few more (and pay them off before the 0% interest period ends), then go for it. More can never hurt and will put your mind at ease. But with 9 vials, one per try, no fertility issues, and what you can rest assured is high quality sperm, I'd be willing to bet that you will most likely get the 2 kids you are hoping for.