Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Our Journey K&C

2HopefulMommies2HopefulMommies Posts: 172
edited November -1 in Our Train of Hope
Hi! We are K (28 yrs old) and C (34 yrs old). We have 2 fur babies - both beagle mixes and are ready to bring a human baby into our family. We are newlyweds in our second month TTC. We have chosen Donor 4677, and are trying a few rounds of at home ICI. Last month was unsuccessful, so we just placed our order over the weekend for our second set of vials to be delivered next week. As we all are, I'm hoping this month will be the lucky one.

I have started a journal privately, but I want to post some of our story here to share with anyone who feels like reading it. I will be updating this a little at a time to get caught up.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    So, this is our second month. We started last month with charting, temping, OPKs and then the insemination. We had planned to chart a few months before purchasing sperm, but my job put a few things into perspective so we decided to go ahead and start now. C started on Prenatals, EPO, and FertileCM. We used 2 ICI vials from 4677. We inseminated at 12/24 past peak OPK (using Clearblue Connected). The first one was in the evening so we just used the syringe and preseed, and she stayed elevated and laying down for at least an hour. Orgasm after insemination. The next morning, we used the Stork OTC, preseed, orgasm after, and only stayed laying down for about 15 minutes since we had used the cup and it was time to get ready for work.
    FF decided that she didn't ovulate until the 2nd, but her peak OPK was on the morning of the 31st. So we inseminated 31st (PM) and 1st (AM). I'm thinking this might be why we weren't successful. This month, we are bumping it back a bit.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We have just started Cycle 4. I've been away for the past 2 inseminations, but from what I could tell as far as C's chart looked and timing, we should've nailed the 2nd attempt. Her temps were all over and the OPK and FF were in disagreement during this last cycle, #3, so we didn't expect too much from that attempt.
    We are considering switching donors at this point, to one that has confirmed pregnancies/live births. I'm glad to be home and to get to be part of the process this round.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We decided last night that we will be switching donors for the new few cycles. We ordered the childhood photos for 8843 and decided we are going to try with him since he does have confirmed pregnancies and live births.
    It would be amazing if this was the last cycle we needed. Fx.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just ordered for Cycle #4. :)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So we are in Cycle 5 now. Our tank is supposed to ship today for delivery on Tuesday. Assuming the timing of ovulation works out, we are doing an IUI with a midwife this month and doing our other vial with a Stork. We leave for vacation 3 days after C is supposed to ovulate, so fingers crossed! We had contemplated sitting this cycle out because of the short timeframe we have, but we really don't want to miss a chance at conception.
    Last month was a complete bust with timing and the usual signs she gets on her BBT chart, but her temps spiked at the end and AF was a few days late. I think we somehow ALMOST got it right? Lol
    Hopefully this month we can be more comfortable with the timing and get it all the way right!
  • Options
    reednakitareednakita Posts: 104
    edited November -1
    @2HopefulMommies Hey there. I'm crossing my fingers this cycle takes for you guys. I had Donor #8843 shipped to my doctor's office they recieved it Friday. I get my medicated IUI in July. The other times were unmedicated seeing as though I don't have any fertility issues. But I chose to do medicated since I'm tired of trying. Me and my Wife just want our healthy baby already. Here's to praying this is it for both of us. ☺
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @2HopefulMommies what's the news? I'm anxious lol!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We are now on our 8th cycle total. C did 7 cycles that were not successful. Attempts 6 and 7 were 2 IUIs each with the midwife and on Clomid. We have a consult with a fertility clinic tomorrow. We did blood draw this cycle for C as well and the numbers look good so I'm anxious to see what the RE recommends.

This month, I was on 50mg of Clomid and had my first month of TTC while we were waiting to get into the RE. We switched donors, as we had ran out of 8843. We did one at home insemination and one IUI with the midwife. Now I wait.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I never thought I would be making this post. We have been actively TTC since January and we have just paid for our first IVF cycle and scheduled delivery of meds.

So far we have done::
    C: (My wife)
    IVI @ home Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr (2 inseminations each)
    IUI with midwife May / Jun / Jul (Jun/Jul with Clomid) (2 inseminations each)
    IUI @ home (1 vial) Nov

K: (Me)
    IVI @ home + IUI with midwife Sep / Oct (Sep w/ Clomid)
    IUI @ home (1 vial) Nov

C is currently on BCP and awaiting delivery of IVF meds, which should be delivered tomorrow. We will then get the start date for the Lupron, get a stop date for BCP, and get an appointment for the baseline ultrasound.

There is so much going on with IVF. I'm excited to get started and see how long it takes start to finish and how she responds to meds. Hopefully we get enough good embryos to freeze and the first one will take with her fresh transfer!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @2HopefulMommies the excitement is real. Sending positive vibes and sticky baby dust to you ladies.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Started Lupron injections last night. Finally getting things rolling.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah sounds awesome. So when will you guys be doing the IVF by like next month you think? Our donor is coming to us in January so I can do fresh AI in person instead of him shipping frozen sperm to me. I'm on top of the moon ready. Sticky baby dust our way/to you guys @2HopefulMommies
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That's awesome! It should live longer so you guys will have a better chance!

Baseline u/s and bloodwork is on the 13th. Hoping she'll start stims after that. Not sure when the ER will be just yet, but I'm guessing sometime around the 21st/23rd.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes I'm overjoyed and so ready for this pregnancy to happen so we can have our baby. So happy for you guys to get the ball rolling and get preggers too! @2HopefulMommies
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Started Gonal last night. 187.5 for 3days and then drop to 150. Starting Menopur on the 16th and follow up ultrasound and bloodwork on the 18th.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    4 more weeks and we will be getting pregnant. 2019 will be awesome! @2HopefulMommies are those pills your Wife is taking? Or shots? I don't know the process.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Shots.
    At the U/S this morning, she had 17 follicles on the left, none quite measureable. (Less than 10mm) 13 on the right, 5 measureable 10-11mm.
    Back on Thursday for another U/S. Hopefully we will have some growth!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dang that's alot of follicles! How are things going now? @2HopefulMommies and Happy New Year's babies to us this new year!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Happy New Years! We had the retrieval on the 23rd and got 20 eggs. 16 were mature. 14 fertilized. Transferred 2 on the 28th. Think we are done testing out the trigger. Waiting to hear how many were frozen in the next couple of days. And bloodwork on the 7th.
    Best of luck to you this year!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Omg so exciting! Please let me know the blood results. Best of luck! Started my cycle today. Insem in 2 weeks. @2HopefulMommies
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Only 3 frozen.
    Bloodwork is tomorrow BUT we’ve been testing positives since the 1st!
    Got a positive on Digital yesterday but I think it would’ve been positive a couple days earlier.

This is our year! Can’t wait for you to get your positive!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @2HopefulMommies wow i knew this was it!! I'm in tears so happy for you ladies and I don't even know you. God is in the blessing business. Congratulations!! I'm next this month!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    10dp5dt beta: 295 :) It's official!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It's official tissue yassss!!! Congratulations ladies it's happening!! @2HopefulMommies
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you!! 12dp5dt beta is 666. Excited that it's doubled. Next bloodwork isn't until next Wednesday so it's all waiting until then. By then we should be 5w3d and hopefully can look for an U/S after if the numbers are still climbing. :)

It's getting closer to insem time for you! I'll keep you in my thoughts!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You're so welcome hun! I was just about to ask when will the first ultrasound be. Can't wait to see if there is 2 babies. She transferred 2 eggs right? Yes I'm excited. @2HopefulMommies hope your Wife is feeling well.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Are you on the FB page?
    I'm excited to see what the numbers are next week. C has lost 2 during her previous marriage at/around 6 weeks. So we are still trying not to get too overly excited until we get the next count and can get scheduled for an u/s.
    And yes, we did transfer 2. :)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No I didn't know about a Facebook page what is it called? And I'm praying for a sticky baby or 2! So excited for you guys this is amazing. @2HopefulMommies
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It's a private group. Whats your name on FB? I can try to add you if you want to be in.

Almost insem time for you!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @2HopefulMommies unfortunately we didn't get to fly our donor out the tickets were too expensive last minute. So i was going to do fresh chilled/shipping sperm from him. But he had already helped someone else and was all spermed out when we needed him lol. I got my peak Monday he was just getting back home Monday. So we bought him a ticket yesterday so he's coming next month! My name is Nakita Hall. I'm the black girl lol. My profile pic has me and my Wife in it. She is on the left side of the pic with a red jacket I'm on the right with black long hair and a dress with a army fatigue jacket on and brown booties.