Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

How many tries before switching donors?

ttcnumber2!ttcnumber2! Posts: 33
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Cycle #4 with this donor has not worked out, even with using 3 vials and charting/timing being perfect.

I have four more vials that I think i'm going to sell back to the bank.
f3hx.png
Late.png

Comments

• KatKat Posts: 40
    edited November -1
    Which donor are you using?
  • yogibabyyogibaby Posts: 122
    edited November -1
    If donor has no reported pregnancies or you can’t find anyone who has had a successful term pregnancy. I might move on.... or if it’s a low count. A lot of research has been done on timing and it’s frustrating....Personally, I’d be looking into an RE. That will take care of timing and a medicated iui will give you the best possible egg with the best possible sperm.
    If you are already using one maybe move on to a mini ivf cycle. Only because say if you are spending $1k a cycle on sperm and it’s not working by the time you get to a handful of cycles you could have a mini ivf cycle done and it gets you a better percentage of success.
    Just a suggestion.
    TTC #1: August 2017 - ICI BFP- miscarried @7weeks
    TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.
  • ttcnumber2!ttcnumber2! Posts: 33
    edited November -1
    This was with donor 3145, I'm selling back my remaining vials, he has no reported pregnancies but at least one kid of his own.
    f3hx.png
    Late.png
  • perry261perry261 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I switched after my first try. I had this feeling that I just needed to switch and then him not having any known pregnancies enforced that decision. I got pregnant my first try with a new donor and second try trying to conceive. Unfortunately that pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. I knew that it was my donor because I was being told by family to try a different donor to be safe but I couldn't. My 3rd try with that donor I got pregnant with my beautiful little girl. I took 4 tries all together but 3 were with the 2nd donor. If you feel that something is wrong and you want to switch then i would.
    Krystal - 28 - Future SMBC - PCOS - Pre-Diabetic - Insulin Resistant - MTHFR Carrier - Hypothyroidism - IUI 3/20/16 - BFN | ICI on 5/28/16 - BFP!! Sadly I miscarried on July 21, 2016 | ICI on 9/11/16 & 9/12/16 - BFN | IUI on 10/12/16 - BFP Due July 2017!!

Charlese was born on June 17, 2017 at 8:33 AM. She was the most gorgeous baby I've ever seen. She came into this world weighing 7 lbs and 5ozs. She was 19 1/2 inches.

Will try for #2 around September 2019! I’m ready to complete my family!
  • ttcnumber2!ttcnumber2! Posts: 33
    edited November -1
    Thank you.
    f3hx.png
    Late.png