Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Digital OPK positive - negative strips

ttcnumber2!ttcnumber2! Posts: 33
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I got peak on the clearblue digital OPK in the morning and didn't get a positive on the OPK test strips until 24 hours later (also fmu). Which should I go by? I thought digital was supposed to be less sensitive.
f3hx.png
Late.png

Comments

• KaitreniKaitreni Posts: 5
    edited November -1
    This is probably too late now, but thought I’d throw in my 2 cents in case you or someone else has the same issue in the future.

I won’t sugar-coat it, I don’t trust the clear blue digitals. In my experience they don’t match other OPKs or even each other.

At one point I actually had two different boxes of clear blue digital advanced. I test the same sample of urine using each one. One said I was at my peak fertility- solid smiley! ....the other said I was not fertile - open circle! Which was it??

I go by just the cheap strips now - at least they are consistent.
  • ttcnumber2!ttcnumber2! Posts: 33
    edited November -1
    I used two vials so both 'peaks' were covered. Maybe the strips are better, I do like being able to see the line darken until positive.

Going by clearblue I inseminated at 16 hours and 36.28 past peak.
    And going by test strips, I inseminated at 8 hours and 24.28 hours past peak.
    f3hx.png
    Late.png