Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Home insemination

Any success with an at home insemination?

Comments

• I would love to know also.. my fiancé and I have a sperm donor. We used a kids medicine syringe at first, (don’t judge). I just want to know if it’s even possible.. what is the catheter used for? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

• perry261perry261 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

I got pregnant with my first at home insemination. Unfortunately it ended in miscarriage. I tried two more times and got pregnant with my almost three year old daughter. I did 24 hours past ovulation and only used one ici vial on both successful tries at home. Good luck! I plan on trying at home again for my second soon.

Krystal - 28 - Future SMBC - PCOS - Pre-Diabetic - Insulin Resistant - MTHFR Carrier - Hypothyroidism - IUI 3/20/16 - BFN | ICI on 5/28/16 - BFP!! Sadly I miscarried on July 21, 2016 | ICI on 9/11/16 & 9/12/16 - BFN | IUI on 10/12/16 - BFP Due July 2017!!

Charlese was born on June 17, 2017 at 8:33 AM. She was the most gorgeous baby I've ever seen. She came into this world weighing 7 lbs and 5ozs. She was 19 1/2 inches.

Will try for #2 around September 2019! I’m ready to complete my family!