Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

IVF Medication Cost

cassandra1021cassandra1021 Posts: 8
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hey Ladies,

I just wanted to know if there are any ladies on here that can share they medication cost per cycle without insurance. I know everyone's cycle is different I'm just trying to get an idea before starting.
Tagged:

Comments

• blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited October 2013
    I don't have direct experience but here's what I've learned reading this board. If you have a clinic picked out you can ask them for their typical medication protocol and shop around. I've heard some people really liked joining Wall Green's medication program and felt they saved a ton of money using that. Personally I would contact Costco and ask them what they would price the medication at.

That's a start until someone with IVF experience reads your post.
  • scorpiogrl7scorpiogrl7 Posts: 1,386
    edited November -1
    I used Freedom Fertility Pharmacy for my IVF stimming meds. The other meds like estrogen pills, patches, antibiotics, etc were not considered fertility meds so my insurance covered them. So I can't give you a cycle total. Bit I can tell you what it costs for the stem meds, which are the most costly.

I did antagonist protocol. I did 3 vials of Bravelle and 2 vials of Menopur per night. About 5 days in I added Ganirelix to keep me from ovulating. The Dr office ordered enough meds for me to stim for 14 days, though I didn't end up using them all.

Bravelle was $2099.58 for 42 vials, or 49.99/vial.
    Menopur was $87.99/vial, but I knew someone who had leftover menopur and bought them from her at a discount.
    Ganirelix was $923.30 for 7 prefilled syringes, or$131.90/shot.
    Novarel trigger was $89.90 (though I ended up doing a Lupron trigger)

Different protocols will call for different amounts of meds. That is a ballpark guess for you, though.
    ZVvim5.png
  • aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    This link has some answers from different people- I have blocked out all the medication costs at this point! ;)

http://iamtryingtoconceive.com/topic/30595/for-those-of-you-who-did-ivf/
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    Ok, I don't think that's the best link for medication. Does anyone remember a thread a few months ago with costs and recommendations on where to purchase? I can't find it when I search, but it was a good post...
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Check with your fertility clinic too...they may have deals with speciality drug stores and can give you much better deals than you could get from your pharmacy...I know when I was going to do my embryo transfer...I would not have been stemming my system in fact turning my system off and just preparing my uterus for transfer...so NOT exactly the same as what you will be doing...but you would have also been on these drugs for part of your IVF procedure... when I got a list of the meds I would have to do and approached my pharmacy the cost was in the thousands...and yet the clinic could get the drugs I would need for $500..
  • sudhasudha Posts: 2

IVF medication cost is something between $200 - $500. It depends on the patients health