Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Lesbians TTC at home

I have no infertility issues, but we have done one cycle of IUI in a clinic (our dr is great and very supportive) but we decided we'd TTC at home this time around. Any tips? I have researched preseed, conception fertility supplements, Pink stork tea, but would love to hear advice from anyone that has conceived through at home insemination. *We prefer not to insert anything into the cervix, since we are aware this is dangerous and could cause fertility issues.* Thanks in advance!! 😀

Comments

• dixie0892dixie0892 Posts: 59

I recommend watching mamabethie on YouTube. she's been really helpful for me to learn what all I need to do

• Achogan3Achogan3 Posts: 5

Thank you! I appreciate your response! Have you conceived?

• dixie0892dixie0892 Posts: 59

no this month will be my first try around the 20-24th

• Charlene2Charlene2 Posts: 26

I used a diva cup and left it against my cervix for cpl hours. 1 ICI vial and pregnant first try

• KalalaKalala Posts: 22

Hi Everyone-

I agree Mama bethie was very helpful & detailed, I will say we watched a kabillion videos and took a little from everyone which were all pretty similar ( even had a bullet point for my wife on the insemination days) we inseminated 2 vials last week one IUI and one ICI we did use the pre-seed, diva cup stayed in me for exactly 12hrs, I will keep you all posted on the outcome.. I am thinking about doing a video myself WHEN i am pregnant to share our experience with everyone.

dixie0892 Im wishing you baby dust!!! Charlene2 I was thinking about using this method as well. Did you solely use the diva cup and no syringe?Kalala yes! there are so many people that could use that information!

• MoTardisMoTardis Posts: 2

Hello. My wife and I conceived from NWC at home using both ICI (one vial) and IUI (two vials). My wife was the first to carry. She was on prenatal vitamins for a month prior to trying and we waited for the at home ovulation test to show positive. Luckily for us, she was so regular with her cycle, you could set your watch. Once she showed she was ovulating, we did the baby dance three times using Pre-seed Lubricant each time once at 12-hours after positive LH with ICI, again at 25-hours after with IUI, and finally at 36-hours post positive with IUI. Every time after she elevated her lower back and legs for 45 minutes.

All we used was the “at home insemination” kit that you can purchase from NWC and followed the instructions that were included. Unfortunately, the first time around felt more like a science experiment verse the act of creating a new life, but I quickly got the hang of it and adapted to it the best I could to make it as relaxing and enjoyable as possible. Without giving TMI, I would build up to the big moment, place the seed, and then “finish” the deed.

We were blessed that exactly two weeks later after our first try, she popped a positive on a at home pregnancy test. A follow up at the doctor’s office confirmed the results. My wife gave birth to a bouncing baby boy thereafter. I will admit prior to our unbelievably lucky first try, we read dozen books, read hundreds of articles, and my wife was glued to the baby boards.

Now, I’m trying. Unfortunately, my road is a little more rocky as I have PCOS. We are trying all of these tricks again and more. This is my first visit to the boards, so I hope there was something of use. Best of luck to you and yours. And much baby dust to anyone TTC now or near future!

@MoTardis thank you so much! This was super helpful and encouraging. We’re beginning our at home TTC journey! I’m currently taking prenatal vitamins, 1 EuNatural Conception pill a day (instructions say 2/day, but I have no fertility issues), and started the pink stork tea 1x/day (instructions say 1-3/day). I’m going to stop taking everything but the prenatal once I get a positive ovulation test and try inseminating 12-16 hours after.

I know it felt super easy for you two the first time around, but understand everyone’s journey is different and you WILL be blessed. You already are. It’s destined. Stay strong and wish us baby dust. I’m sprinkling some your way as well. ✨

Also @MoTardis i got you drift lol. I heard it’s smart to get the “big O” to increase the chances of conception.

• blessingmeblessingme Posts: 7

Someone please help me and my partner where are trying to conceive