Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Sibling Registry

HeatherAndRaeHeatherAndRae Posts: 1,041
edited November -1 in NW Cryobank Happenings
Any news on when the sibling registry will be uploaded? And how, exactly, will it work? Those of us who have children from donors and are open to contact with other birth-siblings for our child can register with our donor #?

All info appreciated! :)

Comments

• HeatherAndRaeHeatherAndRae Posts: 1,041
    edited November -1
    So, do moderators ever read this forum so that I can get an answer?? lol I keep going to the website and it says "coming soon".

When is soon???!!!
  • friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    the board moderators aren't affiliated with NW, so I don't think they'd know much :)

I'm anxiously waiting for the registry too!
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png
  • justmejustme Posts: 3
    edited November -1
    I am looking for any children born of donor 434, who would half siblings with my daughter (born Jan 09). We'd love to meet you!
  • brittanyhbrittanyh Posts: 7
    edited November -1
    Hello,

To access the community forum, you simply need to report the pregnancy via your online account. Once it is approved you are able to access the sibling registry. Not all of the NW Cryobank users chose to use the sibling registry. I highly suggest it to all clients, for it is a fun way to share pictures and meet other mothers with children from the same donor. It is possible that no one else has signed up for the sibling registry for that particular donor.

Thanks, Brittany
  • SatoriSatori Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    brittanyh wrote:
    Hello,

To access the community forum, you simply need to report the pregnancy via your online account. Once it is approved you are able to access the sibling registry. Not all of the NW Cryobank users chose to use the sibling registry. I highly suggest it to all clients, for it is a fun way to share pictures and meet other mothers with children from the same donor. It is possible that no one else has signed up for the sibling registry for that particular donor.

Thanks, Brittany

I've made multiple requests to get access to the sibling registry via phone and email over the years because the web thing doesn't work for me to reset the password and never get a response. I would like to connect to others who used donor 026. I know you have a verified pregnancy for us because we've talked many times over the years due to medical issues in my child.
    SMC to 2 kids, 18 and 12 yrs
    Happy to have contact with donor sibs from 026
  • I don't see anywhere that the sibling registry exists anymore?

• Where is the sibling registry? And why is the donor we had used no longer on the website, at all?

• admin1admin1 Posts: 16 admin

Hello,

We are working on creating a new version of the sibling registry, but in the meantime it is unavailable. We will keep you updated on the progress. A lot of our clients reach out and connect with each other in this forum, but let us know if you have any questions.

@coffee.lady.cady if the donor was sold out he would no longer be listed on the website. If you need any other information please feel free to contact us at 800-786-5251 or info@nwcryobank.com

• dee.a.red11dee.a.red11 Posts: 11

Looking for donor siblings of donor 9600. I have a baby girl from this donor born 11/13/19.

• jeanjean Posts: 6
    edited December 2019

Hello...Looking for fellow parents of donor 984 babies.

I have a daughter from 984 born in 2010.

I'm interested in contact for siblings of donor 984.

• Still interested in the sibling registry, but the only luck appears to be listing the donor number here. Anyone else use donor 1459? We reported the pregnancy, but are not able to somehow check.

I am beginning to find this issue rather frustrating.

• andrea77andrea77 Posts: 1

I was on the phone with NWC today and she had no timeline to give me as far as the registry. She basically said until they get it up and running, this forum is the only way we can find each other. That stinks only because I am just now looking at the forum. How would I find any comments that have been made about my donor? I was told today that my baby has two other siblings! I really hope they want to know us too and register! Donor 656R !

• CortizCortiz Posts: 4 admin

Hello,

Currently, we are still working on re-releasing an updated sibling registry. Unfortunately, we don’t have a release date but can assure you we have plans to release in the near future. We appreciate you continued patience.

Also, if you would like to find comments about your donor, type the donor number in the search bar and you should find tags that related to the donor.

Thank you,

NW Cryobank

• Akell6914Akell6914 Posts: 5

Hello,

I just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, and I am looking for anyone that used donor 241R. We purchased the sperm back in 2016

• snazzysnazzy Posts: 15

Hey NW CRYO! It's been six months since you last told us the sibling registry would be released "in the near future."

Any updates?

Hi @snazzy we have actually implemented a function on this forum for families to connect. If you click the groups link on the right hand side of the site there are donors listed. If you do not see your donor listed please just send us an email at info@nwcryobank.com and I can get the group set up. Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime!

@admin1 okay, I guess that's better than nothing, but most people who use your cryobank don't know about this forum. And they certainly don't know to look for a sibling registry in the groups section. The old sibling registry had about 20 families listed for our donor. Where is that data? What about any families who have reported pregnancies within the past year, while the registry has been down?

• @admin1 also, if the donor is sold out/no longer on the website, how might we connect with him (if our son wants to as an adult)? We chose a donor that would do that. This would be over 10 years from now, but do you still have the records?

Hi @snazzy we have a list of everyone who reports their pregnancies, not everyone who reports their pregnancies wants their information to be listed on a registry, it's optional. We plan on announcing this feature fully to our past and present clients if they choose to connect with other families. @coffee.lady.cady yes contact would always be done through NW Cryobank per the contracts that were signed, so once your son turns 18 you can contact us and we will share the information on the donor and attempt to facilitate contact if that donor is listed as open or ID disclosure. Anonymous donors have the opportunity to remain anonymous.

@admin1 What happened to the data from the old sibling registry? Will this registry be as easy to access and apparent on the website as the last sibling registry?

Update for anyone following along:

Admin reached out to me privately, rather than answering on the forum. Here is what they said about the sibling registry:

"While the Sibling Registry is no longer active, please rest assured that the data is securely retained. We remain committed to protecting the privacy of our clients and maintaining compliance with the changing legal regulations regarding data privacy. As such, we are no longer able to support the Sibling Registry in its previous format."

TRANSLATION: We promise we still know who consented to be placed on a sibling registry more than a year ago, but we will not be releasing that information to any of the parties who have already consented. Despite multiple reassurances over the past year that we would be bringing the sibling registry back.

"In addition to connecting with clients on the Community Forum, we also facilitate connections through our NW Cryobank Connections groups – as a result of your inquiry, we are in the process of creating a group for donor 141P. As with the Sibling Registry, membership to this group is optional as not all clients who report a pregnancy are interested in participating. Those who would like to join can submit a request form to do so – I have attached our request form should you wish to join. "

TRANSLATION: We are building a brand new registry with NONE of the past data included. In order to join, you have to notice that there's a forum, sign up for the forum, find the form to join the registry, SIGN A WAIVER THAT SAYS NW CRYO CAN KICK YOU OUT OF THE SIBLING REGISTRY FOR "NO REASON AT ALL," submit the form, wait for approval, and then remember to post and check the forum regularly.

• I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on June 27th, 2021 using donor 13583. Looking for families who also conceived using donor 13583.

• I would love to speak with any families who used donor 6330.

braziliancarolina@gmail.com

• LasVegasSMBCLasVegasSMBC Posts: 20
    edited September 2022

• LasVegasSMBCLasVegasSMBC Posts: 20
    edited September 2022

• sdolezalsdolezal Posts: 1

Any siblings of 288G? I have a 12 year old daughter.