Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Question About Mental Health Screening

Hello!

I have a question about the mental health screening/psychological screening of the donors. Are the donors asked about their mental health diagnosis and histories? Are they screened for family histories of mental illness. Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder are my main concerns. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    NWC_Admin2NWC_Admin2 Posts: 10 admin

Hi @SolaG,

Yes, our Donors are required to provide three generations of detailed family medical history in order to participate in the program. In addition, Donors also undergo a psychological evaluation with our MSW as well as a comprehensive genetic interview with our licensed genetic counselors. The results of these screening steps are taken into consideration when determining a potential donor's eligibility for the program. If you have any questions about a specific donor and their medical history, please feel free to contact us at 800-786-5251.

• Options
    SolaGSolaG Posts: 5

Hello! Thanks so so much! I am interested in Donor 10A04. What is the psychological evaluation like? Can we get results? What is being screened for in the psych eval? Thanks so much!

• Options
    NWC_Admin2NWC_Admin2 Posts: 10 admin

Though we do not share the results, the donor’s mental health is assessed by a PhD psychologist and MSW Social Worker utilizing the Personality Assessment Inventory tool and interview. In addition, NW Cryobank performs criminal and educational background checks as well.