Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Introduce Yourself :)

Comments

• maddoxandhopemaddoxandhope Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    So I guess an intro is due? My name is Maddox, my fiances name is Hope. We are going to be starting the AI process within the next month. I am transgender FTM, hence why we are using a donor. We have a 5 yr old son( I have been with her for 4 1/2 years, she got pregnant in high school, the "donor" ran when he found out she was pregnant, and we are blessed things happened this way because our son is awsome and we are dying to add to our family) Umm..I dont know what else to say. She is obviously going to be carrying the baby. Thats about it.
  • babylover22babylover22 Posts: 1
    edited July 2009
    Hi ladies my name is Shannon. I have decided to go forward with ICI. Im a single woman with very big hopes of becoming a mother very soon! :D This child will be my first. I am very lost right now when it comes to the whole process so any advice or suggestons would be great!!! I am very excited and anxious to start this Journey and this forum makes me not feel so alone. :)
  • missbryanmissbryan Posts: 21
    edited November -1
    Hi Everybody! Gina and Colyn here! We had our civil union ceremony in June and now the next big step is babies. We tried once with a donor we knew but after all the stress for Colyn we decided to use a California Cryo. After we purchased the sperm I discovered NW Bank and Love the forums. Everybody has been so helpful. I wish lots of baby dust on everybody.
    US1-1-1.jpg

car-1-1.jpg
    Phoenix & Brooklyn
  • abbysmamasabbysmamas Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    Hey to everyone,
    We are Angie, Sandra, and Abigail. We chose to use NW 4 years ago in order to conceive a child together. Abigail will turn 5 in September. It's difficult to choose the right donor. We tried the first time and it didn't work, which was very disappointing. We studied and read and read and read until we felt we had the correct way to inseminate. I didn't realize at the time but you can find anything on the internet. Thankfully!!! To make a long story short we chose donor 543 the second go around. To our surprise it worked the first time. Not knowing what to expect later on we chose not to purchase any more. Regretably we wish we had now. Our donor is no longer there and NW doesn't have any in storage. I was wondering if anyone had used this donor and may still have any they would be willing to part with. I know this is a long shot being that it was so long ago, but it was worth a try to us. :)

We have been where all you couples are at, just don't give up!!! We wish all of you the best of luck and we hope all your dreams of a baby come true!!:)
  • CarpenterCarpenter Posts: 1
    edited August 2009
    Hello. My partner and I used donor #3375 and made a beautiful baby boy who celebrated his third birthday this past May. We are trying again this summer with another donor and with any luck we'll be expecting baby #2 next summer.
  • jacomettjacomett Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi. My name is Julie, and my wifes name is Erin. We've been together for 7 years and were married twice, once for God, and once for the legal system. :P The only thing I've ever wanted and knew was supposed to happen in my life was for me to have children. I just never knew all the obstacles that would arise. We've finally decided it's time to stop saying "we'll have kids when..." and just get started. I found NW and just liked that they would send the sperm to me as opposed to having a dr do it for me.

Even though I know this is supposed to happen, Im getting very scared and nervous now that we're finally taking action, I guess because I'm worried I will not get pregnant at all or go broke trying.

Anyway, I'm glad I found this site and have enjoyed reading everyones posts.

Thanks for listening.

Julie
  • lostinfllostinfl Posts: 62
    edited November -1
    Hi... I've been reading for a few weeks now. Just recently registered and will be placing my 1st order for my 1st attempt at becoming a SMBC tomorrow! I am 39 years old, always wanted kids, but never met the man I wanted to share the experience with. Decided I was pretty much at the now or never stage and with the moral support of my mother and a couple of friends, I took the steps to get me started.
  • edited November -1
    My name is Alison, I'm a stay at home mom to three and I live in Portland, Oregon.

I am an experienced traditional surrogate, having achieved pregnancy in July 2007 via home insemination with the Intended Father's sperm. This time around, I am doing another TS (traditional surrogacy) and the Intended Parents are opting to use a sperm donor (from NW Andrology, of course).

Hopefully I will begin cycling in September. I am excited to be doing this again. I'm just here reading the threads, as I feel a bit rusty when it comes to HIs. :)
    Ali ~ Mom to 3 ~ Traditional Surrogate x 1 03/08
    TS x 2 - Due June 4th, 2010
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_bird2&T=t_e22&D=20090828&M1=&D1=20100604&T2=&T1=&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=T
  • rharris80rharris80 Posts: 43
    edited November -1
    To all the newcomers - welcome and good luck!
    Becky
  • aprok3aprok3 Posts: 569
    edited November -1
    Hello. My name is Amanda and my partner is Leigh. We have been together for 9.5 years and have decided that we are in a place emotionally and financially to start trying to conceive. We have had some guidance from friends of ours who have been fortunate enough to succeed through is process. I am a little concerned about our timing of trying for one reason: I had back surgery (microdiscketomy/laminectomy at L4/5) July 24, 2009. I would like to try to start timing cycles now and inseminate for the first time beginning in October 2009. I am hesitant that this may not be the ideal time physically although we are prepared in every other way. I want to go first as I am older (30) and besides, Leigh wants me to go first. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice either way?

We are looking to the forum for information and guidance on how to track ovulation days, what days are best to conceive, how many times per cycle we should try, how many vials should we buy up front (we want 4 kids--2 from each of us), etc. God help us. Please pass any information you have to us. We are scared and ignorant, but very appreciative that we have an opportunity to have a family.

Thanks so much and I look foward to hearing from all of you.
    Amanda
  • crys0913crys0913 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi There,
    My name is Crystal and i'm closely reaching 30yrs old (sept 13). I have always known I wanted to be a mother. I am a caregiver by nature, and also profession. I work on a Mother/baby unit as a nurse, and I love my job! My partner Steph and I have been together for 8.5 yrs. We are very much in love and are each other's best friend. We have had many financial struggles over the years and feel that we are now ready financially to care for a baby. We AI on July 31st and Aug 1st. We were very hopeful but I started my period July 19th. We are planning another at home AI, but have chosen another donor, Wish us luck on this amazing journey!! Thanks to everyone who shares their inspiring stories.
    fpmcm5.png
  • our familyour family Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited August 2009
    Well what to say about OUR FAMILY. Lets start here. My Partner and I met when I was in college and we have been together ever since.
    We decided a few years back to try and have children. . In 2006 we used Donor 396 and had twins girls. Piper and Raleigh. They are now 2years old and running our lives. Of course we wouldn't have it any other way. They have changed everything about us and completed areas of our lives we had no clue needed help.
    Well, now we are looking at have a few more. But since our donor no longer exsist we have to pick a new one. This is always a test . Our bigest concern is the health of the baby(s) from the donor side. DO you really know, nope not until they are born.

Thank you for listening and have a great day!! A. Churchill.

If I can ever figure out how to insert pic's I will. Not very user freindly in that respect
    girlswithponytailsplaying015.jpg
    girlswithponytailsplaying019.jpg
    Life brings little wonders that change your way of thinking, responding, and living
  • rktink13rktink13 Posts: 83
    edited November -1
    Hi. My partner and I have been together for 3 years today. We are also deciding to iui at home for teh first time next week the 4th of September. We do have one beautiful baby boy. He just turned two years old in July. We had him IVF with our best friend as the donor. Unfortanely he couldnt be the donor this time around. I am using donor 439 so if anyone has any news on him and if anyone has conceived using his sperm. I have not heard much but about him and just want to know if there is someone out there who has used his sprm and had a pregnancy from it. IVF is not really an option for me. I was in the 2% that got Ovarion Hyper Stimulation Syndrome and lost one of my twin babies and almost my life, so we are taking the safest route for me.
    Good luck to everyone else in the same boat of trying to have a baby...... :)
    My Beautiful Babies, I Love Kisses from The Monster! He Doesnt Hand Those Out Much!

DSC_0286-1.gif

DSC_0372-1.jpg
    edited November -1
    Good luck, Rt... I just did my 1st insem attempt today, using 439. Good luck and I will be sure to let you know if it takes!
    edited November -1
    Good luck to you to lostinfl.......I really hope it works for you becuause then I might have a little bit of hope. :) Did you do it at home or did you see your doc? I do my first insem at home iui next week on thursday!!! I hope it works!
    My Beautiful Babies, I Love Kisses from The Monster! He Doesnt Hand Those Out Much!

DSC_0286-1.gif

DSC_0372-1.jpg
    edited November -1
    I did it at home. The next couple of weeks are going to be the longest of my life, waiting to see if it "took" lol
  • stephandgerristephandgerri Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hello everyone my name is Stephanie and my partners name is Gerri. I am 24 and Gerri is 27. We have been together for five wonderful years.Three years ago we came to this site excited to start our family. It was just not the right time for us. We are now stable with work and a home, that we decided that now would be the best time for us. I am excited to say that we plan on feb. is when we will start trying. It is so hard waiting but i have to wait for my birth certificate to come in before we can send in the nw paper work. That could take up to six weeks for it to come in. So that is where we are now with that. so wish us luck maybe the paperwork will come faster and we can start sooner. wouldn't that be great. We wish all of you the very best and best of luck
  • MaryumCMaryumC Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hello all (and hello again to a few). My name is Maryum and my partner is Monica, we have been together for 7 years. We have a beautiful daughter from donor 404. She is 15 months and we're ready for another. Our donor is no longer available, so we've chosen another. Unfortunately I discovered that my fertility monitor went dead so I just bought another and will start tracking in a few days.

I had a difficult pregnancy (bedrest for about 2 months) but Makaila was born completely healthly at 38 weeks. I'm excited but also very, very nervous.. nervous that I won't get pregnant and nervous that I will! :rolleyes: There are pictures of Makaila on the website, somewhere..

Maryum
  • starrystarry Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hello all,

My name is Sacha and I am 40. I waited to find Mr. Right and have a family the traditional way but this never happened. I accidentally got pregnant at the beginning of this year but had a miscarriage at 8 weeks. This made me realize that I do want to be a mom and with little biological time left I'd better get on it! lol. So, here I am at NW and will try for the first time with some NW vials later this month. I've been reading your posts the last month and you all seem so friendly and helpful. Good luck to all.

Sacha
    edited November -1
    lostinfl........Any news? Are you at least having any symptoms? Any good news at all? :) I do my inseminations tomorrow so I am getting nervous but hoping that it takes. I want a little one so bad. Keep me updated on your journey!:)

DSC_0286-1.gif

DSC_0372-1.jpg
  • edited September 2009
    :) Hi Everybody!!
    My name is Jeannine or Jean for short. I live in the Tampa Bay area here in hot sunny Florida. I am 32 yrs old and work in behavioral health. I do insurance verification, front office admin for a pyschiatric practice. I have wanted to be a mom since I was a little girl. I carried my dolls everywhere and never imagined arriving into my 30's single and childless. For 10 years I searched for Mr. Right, after kissing many a toad, I got distracted by the loud ticking of my clock. So here I am, trolling for sperm...lol. I'm so glad I found NWA, and will be doing my TTC #1 around October 11th, providing my cycle cooperates. I bought 2 vials of donor 984, as I am CMV neg and Rh neg and I want a donor with prior success. I'm not wealthy, although able to provide for my baby alone. It can get expensive buying sperm and dewar rental every month, so I'm hoping for some beginner's luck!!
    I really hope to have 2 kids so they will have each other to grow up with, but I guess I just need to take a breath and start with 1!! I'm vegan and am a total believer in attachement parenting, breastfeeding, and cloth diapering. I recycle and try to tread lightly. I'm religiously tracking my BBT every morning (no more sleeping in...good baby practice..lol), also keeping a finger-no pun-on my CP and CM. I am fortunate to have 32-33 day cycles faithfully and get EWCM each month around days 15-19. I never get a +OPK maybe cuz I'm doing them wrong or drink too much water. I am a water bug! I have a standing order with my lab for FSH and Lh testing. My blood Lh shows surges around CD 18. Well...wish me luck and I wish all of you luck too!! I'm so glad they have this forum here. It's comforting to find like-minded non-judgemental ppl...we're all in this together!!
    Peace and Blessed Baby-Making!!
  • c2009c2009 Posts: 1
    edited September 2009
    Hi everyone!

I am excited to be trying to conceive for the first time in my 35 years! I have wanted to start a family for a few years now, but after holding out for Mr. Right for way too long with no success, I have decided to start on my journey to being a mother on my own. I have been reading and researching for months, and have decided to do a home IUI on my next ovulation with two vials of frozen donor sperm, one on the first +OPK and one the following day. I cannot say enough how excited I was to find there is a forum here at NW Andrology, and I am so looking forward to learning from everyone's experiences on here!

Good luck to everyone!

Cathy J.
    Swrnm4.png
  • singleinNCsingleinNC Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hello, I'm Teresa from Wilmington N.C. I am 38, brand new to all of this and want to be a SMBC next year. I work at a University, have great benefits, and feel ready to bring a child into this world. So I did some research, ordered a few helpful SMBC books and prayed on it. Now on this forum I found a great group that shares my exact thoughts! I think my cycles are very regular (have never paid any attention) and have an appointment with an RE in October. I am excited and nervous. I will continue to lurk and read posts about home ICI vs working with an RE or midwife. Thanks for being here and being supportive!
  • charmsNtutucharmsNtutu Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hello there everyone! I am totally excited to be writing this right now! I have been reading different posts here for the last couple of weeks and finally have joined!
    My name is Carmen, I am 29 years old and my girlfriend of almost 4 years her name is Kathy, we call her by her nickname "Tu-Tu" for short, she is 40 years old. We live in Texas, both have good careers and bought a new house last year! We have always discussed having children since the beginning of our relationship. We have finally decided that now is the perfect time in our lives to start trying to become mommies. We have been following her cycles for the last 3 months and testing for her LH with OPK smiley strips. In July we got a "smiley" CD14, we somehow missed the LH in August and this month we got the "smiley" CD12. We are planning on ordering our swimmers this month! We are totally excited, but yet a little anxious, hoping that it will work but knowing that it doesn't always happen fast.
    I am still trying to learn the "lingo" here too by the way :) Okay, I am open to ANY and ALL suggestions, tips, info, etc. I was wondering with a regular 26 day cycle, is it normal to have an LH that varies, or is it normally the same CD each month? And we are wanting to AI at home, we've been doing a lot of reading and research...any suggestions on whether to do it ICI or IUI??? We were thinking ICI...but thought maybe we would have a better chance IUI...
    I am SO excited to be here and meet people that are sharing my dream of having a child. I hope to be able to share in other's happiness as well!!! Best of luck to you all!
    tt4cb27.aspx
  • SarahandJoSarahandJo Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hello, my name is Sarah. I am 29 years old. My partner of three and a half years is Jo. She is 28. We have been actively trying for over a year now. Our donor is a friend and we became pregnant in December 2008. In February I had a d&c done because I was told that I was having a blighted ovum. A blighted ovum is where the fetus doesn't attach itself into the sac, so my body absorbed the fetus. We started trying again the following month. Still no luck! Now my donor is becoming unavailable, so we are looking into this option. We tried two months ago with donor 434 and had no luck. I think my ovulating days were off due to my d&c. So we're thinking on using him or donor 2145 this month. Any suggestions on anything, please let me know.
    h34zm4.png
  • hoping2bamommyhoping2bamommy Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    HI everyone. My name is Kaytee. I am 26 years old and I plan on becoming a SMBC, and I am very excited about this journey... I have always wanted to be a mom and I am tired of dealing with the "men" that come into my life. I am ready to be a mom. I will be graduating with my Associates of Science degree in March and that is when I plan on receiving my first shipment of my little swimmers. Until then though I plan on temping and monitoring ovulation. I recently discussed AI with a sperm donor with my GYN (who is trained to do ICI, IUI and IVF) who told me that she would absolutely not help me because I was single and under 30 with no known fertility issues. I was devastated and looking for a new GYN when I stumbled across NW and things suddenly seemed more open for me and now I am counting down the days until I get to start trying..

Good Luck to everyone trying for their own little miracle. And Congrats to those that already have theirs.
  • brady1021brady1021 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi, I'm Wendy from Michigan......I am 34 years old and will be TTC starting in October. I am (or will be) a SMBC
  • velvetantvelvetant Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hello there, I'm Marcie (almost 35) and my partner is Jodi (almost 42). We've been together 11 years and finally decided to take the plunge into parenthood (hopefully). I've wanted to be a mom for a very long time, but we kept waiting for the right time. We realize there will never be a time we feel 100% financially prepared for this journey and since I'm not getting any younger why keep waiting. We live in NE GA and will hopefully be doing our first AI in November.

Good luck to all the others in the forum, and may all your "swimmers" find their way ;)
    Love Many
    Trust Few
    and Always Paddle Your Own Canoe
  • IrishowlIrishowl Posts: 16
    edited November -1
    Hello! My name is Shannon and I'm 33 years old. My partner Shelley is 43 and we've been together for 5 years. We were married last summer while it was still legal here in California. This month will be our second try at Dr. assisted IUI along with Metformin, Clomid and HCG trigger shot. Our first cycle last spring was unsuccessful. Initially we had decided to wait until I graduated from nursing school. However, in this area the waitlists are 4 years long and we decided not to hand over my fertility to a wait list. I work full time as a patient care technician at a large hospital and my partner no longer works. She was a paramedic for many years and destroyed her back in the process. But, sometimes the unexpected is a blessing. I don't know that we would be TTC right now if she was still working full time.
    I pray this journey for us is short and sweet................

Shannon
    25-1.jpg
    Shannon (36) DP Shelley (46) Partners in love since June 2004
    TTC with PCOS and Endometriosis - 3 surgeries, 6 months of Lupron shots
    4 Dr. assisted IUI's
    We've decided to stop TTC and focus our energy on foster adoption! Our children are out there somewhere!
  • JCAlaskaJCAlaska Posts: 251
    edited November -1
    My DP and I have been together for 5+ years and were married in California last summer when it was legal! Though it doesn't count in Alaska where we live, it still counts for us. We have raised plenty of others' children over the years and are ready to have our own. :D
    I am currently 33 so we are working toward AI at home within the next year or so. I am working on loosing some weight (about 20 lbs would be nice) and getting as healthy as possible. Considering my mom and sisters are all VERY fertile I'm hoping it will go smoothly and quickly when we try.
    We would like to do things as natural as possible. And hope to be able to use a midwife. We have a mini farm - goats, chickens, dogs, cats - and a garden and try to eat as organic as possible.
    I have already learned so much from this forum and really love the supportive atmosphere! Thanks for all the great info.
    J&J in Alaska :)
    J & J in Alaska - 4th TTC created our little one. Miscarried at 10 wks 4 days on 12/1/10. Tried many more times then took a break for a couple of years to get healthy. We're BACK!! :)