Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

florida friends

katerob30katerob30 Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
we are thinking of disney in March with a 3 1/2 year old and a 4 month old...any tips? we are thinking a park a day and are trying to figure out where to stay. we want a nice mid range hotel (not super cheap but not the most expensive either). Is the food plan worth it money wise? I know it would be more convinient but I don't just want to pay for convinience. I would rather save money where I can and spoil Grace rotten with frivolous purchases somewhere else! lol
Kate, Susan (DP), Grace 5 (donor 340), Gabrielle 2 (donor 514)
100_3739.jpg
image-3.jpg
image-4.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately, I live too close to know much about hotels and food plans (It's a 45 minute drive, so we usually eat before when get there, and we don't have a need for overnight accomodations).
    It goes without saying though ......... ANYTHING (food, water, hotel, souvenirs, entertainment, etc) on Disney property is going to be an arm and a leg!! (L had a grilled cheese sandwich at Rainforest Cafe for her first birthday .... $8.99!!)
    If you're going to visit other Orlando theme parks and rent a car I would highly suggest a hotel or condo off property (there are LOTS within 5 miles ... and several of the condos are fully furnished, kitchen and all ..... and typically no charge for parking).
    If you're just going to stay at Disney, and not rent a car, I think Disney has some pretty decent budget hotels, and complimentary shuttles.
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    I loved Priceline for selecting a 4-star hotel when I didn't need to have a specific one. I set the price ($40-45) and when the bid was accepted I got the hotel name. Very easy commute to the parks, beautiful accomodations, and an awesome pool.

As for Disney itself, I would say to plan your day around the 3-1/2 year old. Have breakfast before going, and pack single-serving snacks. Applesauce, raisins, granola bars, and no-fridge yogurts are easy travel choices. There are pros and cons to packing drinks. Pros: it's cheap! Cons: they're heavy! Have one meal there and plan dinner for after you leave the park.

If you're going to be there multiple days, you don't have to stay until closing to get everything in. Can leave early evening and come back the next day. I always stay as late as possible but by the end of the day, I have to admit that I'm carrying a tired and cranky toddler through the park!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    LKLK Posts: 711
    edited November -1
    We do stay on property. I'm not sure how much you want to spend. We have stayed at all levels of hotels on Disney property and our favorites were the Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge but I think both of those hotels are moderate to high. We also stayed at the economy hotels on property on they were fun and very clean. We have stayed off property and we like staying on property better. We stayed at The Courtyard by Marriott right next to downtown Disney and we had a great time but it was the second week of our trip so we were done with the parks. Oh and we rented a car but that was only because we were not staying on property for both weeks. We do go with the meal plan and it really does pay for itself. I think that you will save money using the meal plan. Make sure you bring Grace to a character breakfast---I bet she would love it. The first time we brought Beck he was 6 months old and the worst part was that we brought his bulky stroller so getting it on and off Disney Transportation was a pain. Have a great time----I am sure you guys will have so much fun!
  • Options
    mamalee2mamalee2 Posts: 48
    edited November -1
    Beautiful Girls. Katerob30 hope you had a wonderful time in FL. Just curious because I am going to try 514 again. You posted you were pregnant with 514 and Gabby is 516 yes? Thank You.