Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Not quite ready to TTC Club (X-posted)

leahleah Posts: 228
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I know there are quite a few of us that are going to start trying this spring/summer. And although summer is not that far off it can sure feel like an eternity away when you are itching to start now. What do you think about starting a club? A club that would make the time seemingly go faster, or at least not unbearably slow.
I am thinking of coming up with a goal (or more) that needs to be accomplished before we start actively trying (or before getting pregnant, or before the baby gets here), and concentrating on accomplishing this goal.
Do you need to de-clutter an area in your house to make room for the baby? Did you mean to get into an exercise routine or lose some weight before getting pregnant? What about that yard/garden work that needs to be done before you get too big to even attempt it? Were you planning to paint or use any other chemicals that are not safe to use while pregnant? What about making things for the baby: sewing cloth diapers, knitting little sweater, etc...
Do you need to schedule your physical, mammogram or any other doctor appointments before actively ttc-ing?

What would you like to accomplish in the next few weeks and what is your deadline?
d5bbb078-585d-43c0-91b2-f2c2a9235078_zps6a880375.jpg

Comments

• Options
    lostinfllostinfl Posts: 62
    edited November -1
    I think that is a good idea. I am moving soon so my ttc has been put on hold until I get resettled. I am going to work on decluttering, packing, moving, doing my taxes, and continuing to track my cycles and look for patterns that will help me be successful when I try again.
  • Options
    merryshannonmerryshannon Posts: 503
    edited November -1
    I like this idea -- I've been lurking around on these forums for over a year now even though we don't plan on beginning TTC until June. Every now and then I pop into a discussion but it sort of feels like, since we're not actively trying yet, I'm not quite qualified to be an all-out board participant just yet. *grins*

I've been taking prenatals for a while now but my biggest resolution for the new year was to take them daily, along with fish oil and some other vitamins. I'm also doing a daily fertility yoga routine that follows cycle phases (menstrual, follicular, ovulatory and luteal) which is really cool and seems to have put me a lot more in touch with what's going on in my body. I've been temping/charting/OPK-ing, too. I cut caffeine, alcohol and fast food from my diet. I visited the ob/gyn and got a progesteron prescription for my short luteal phase.

Things I am not so good at yet: checking cervical position and CM. I need to get a little less yucked out with getting my fingers dirty. :P I'm trying to remember to check both at least once a day. Also, drinking water. I struggle to drink enough during the day because I'm so busy at work, and I really need to be more disciplined.

Thinks I plan to do before getting pregnant: We're taking a Hawaii honeymoon in May, just before we start TTC. Part of the reason we put TTC off is because we want to do a bunch of big adventure stuff there including skydiving, scuba diving, shark cage diving, and parasailing, and I didn't want to put a pregnancy at risk and/or miss out on doing them before becoming a mom. :)

Also, we're currently remodeling our master bathroom, with all kinds of compounds and cements and paints and so on, so we want to have that project finished before getting pregant. With any luck we'll get it done sometime in the next couple months.

And lastly, we're anticipating a tax refund that's going to pay off our existing credit cards, so that we'll have no more credit card payments and can apply that $$ to TTC costs instead.

You'd think, with all that going on, we'd have plenty to keep us busy between now and June... but it still feels like June cannot possibly come fast enough!!!
    2ekr8s1.jpg
    Early ovarian failure. 4 failed ICIs, 6 failed IUIs. Donor Egg IVF in Greece: IVF#1 12/2014 - BFP, miscarried at 6WK3D. IVF #2 4/2015 - BFN. IVF#3 7/2015 - BFP. Baby boy Searc born 4/8/16 - 9lbs, 2 oz <3

TTC Blog
  • Options
    indigoscotindigoscot Posts: 246
    edited November -1
    like this topic! we will be ttc #3 in late may or early june (we hope!!)

what we are doing prior to ttc:

dp is taking her synthroid, prenatal, d3, maca, calcium, b12 and folic acid pills daily. closer to ttc time we will add in a baby aspirin.

we are both trying/continuing to eat healthily. ds2 just weaned from the boob, so dp's appetite is about back to normal. i have been keeping my post-diet weight steady and continue to exercise.

we are using the cbem to chart dp's cycles. we tried temping too but since ds2 ends up in the bed with us most nights we gave up. since her first ppaf her cycle has been consistent with ovulation on cd17 and a 14 day lp.

next friday we have our first consult for baby #3 with our amazing, wonderful RE. she will monitor dp's tsh (needs to be between 1 and 2 for ttc), check for any polyps or fibroids (she had a polyp prior to ttc ds2 and it had to be removed) and prescribe metformin again for her mild pcos. our hope is that her tsh will be in the right range by our target date.

we are taking a trip to scotland to visit my family and also to have our civil partnership ceremony in april!! we had a hand-fasting commitment ceremony before ttc ds1 but this one will be official! :)

g
    nirim4.png
    onmFm5.png
    tMYCm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    lostinfl I have moved across state in August and I am STILL unpacking. We moved into a much smaller place and although I have left a lot of stuff behind, it is really hard to find room for the things we did bring along. So, I am also spending a lot of time decluttering and organizing. The garage still needs a lot of work as it is the place where all the unpacked/homeless things go. One of my big goals is to get the garage organized.

You mentioning the taxes finally got me to call and make an appointment to have ours done. Having this done is my mini-goal for the week. :)
    And I am also continuing with the temp and charting, although I have stopped the opks once I've ran out.

Good luck with your move!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    merryshannon, your planned adventures for the honeymoon sound awesome!

You seem to be really prepared for June. That's great! And yeah, I feel ya on the cervix checks. I gave up on them, cause my results were super confusing. Apparently you should always check it about the same time of the day, which I could never do.
    I have been taking prenatals daily for the last four years! Now I am taking fish oil, a baby aspirin and extra folic acid as well.

Good luck with your remodel! I know how stressful and messy it can get. We had our whole house remodelled over the course of 2 years and then two weeks after we were finally done with the last step (painting the outside) we found out we will be moving out of state. No, I'm not still bitter about it, why do you ask? ;)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    wow, indigoscot, I can't believe you are going to ttc #3! I still remember when you were pregnant with #1. Yeah, I've been on the forum for ages... I had four misscarriages during that time. I've also found out that I have a MTHFR mutation (I think your DP has this, too?) and a cardiolipin mutation. I am actually going to see a doctor today about these results.

I hope you'll have a great time in Scotland and your ceremony will be wonderful!
  • Options
    indigoscotindigoscot Posts: 246
    edited November -1
    leah, yes she has mthfr A1298C hetero which is a mild version of the mutation. our re recommended she take extra b vitamins and cut out caffeine as a precaution. is yours hetero or homo? i don't know about the other one but hopefully it's easily treatable. if any of them are serious i imagine you'll be on blood thinners throughout your pregnancy.

best of luck to you!!! i hope your next little bean is sticky. :)

g
    nirim4.png
    onmFm5.png
    tMYCm5.png
  • Options
    rktink13rktink13 Posts: 83
    edited November -1
    Well I guess maybe I can add myself to this list as well. I currently have a 3 year old and a 3 month old and am wanting to start TTC in June or July. There are a few things that I want to get done before we do go through the process again. My wife is going to be enlisting back in the Military after the Dont ask Dont Tell repeal is over and that is supposed to be over in August at teh latest. Hence the reason I am wanting to try in June or July. I am really wanting to get pregnant before she goes in because once she goes back in the chances of being able to do that is going to be slim to none. My other goal is to lose at least 30lbs. With the two pregnancies I have gained so much weight that I really want to lose alot of it before we get pregnant again. This last pregnancy was so horrible becuase I was so overweight my back was killing me and I just felt broken and didnt enjoy it as much. So here is to wishing all of us a good next couple of months before we kick into gear to get pregnant for the first time or for the third time :)!
    My Beautiful Babies, I Love Kisses from The Monster! He Doesnt Hand Those Out Much!

DSC_0286-1.gif

DSC_0372-1.jpg
  • Options
    PtownMomsPtownMoms Posts: 768
    edited November -1
    Well...we aren't trying this spring/summer...but probably next spring/summer. And I definitely have a list of things to do before we start ttc this time around.

I definitely want to lose weight and get back in tip top shape. I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight...which is actually a comfortable weight for me...but I want to get into better shape. I think this pregnancy would have been easier for me if I had been in better shape from the get go.

We're going to be buying a house soon...so I want that to be ready to go.

We are easing into green housekeeping/living...so I want to be fully transitioned by the time we start ttc again. We've been making small changes. For example, we've been using up the cleaning supplies we bought because I can't justify throwing money down the drain. But when those have been used we switch to a homemade green cleaner...depending on what we were cleaning. We still have a few bottles of certain cleaners left.

Hmmm...I think those are the big ones. : )
    Carrie & Monica

sig_zps0be86692-1_zpse4fe5311.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    indigoscot wrote:
    leah, yes she has mthfr A1298C hetero which is a mild version of the mutation. our re recommended she take extra b vitamins and cut out caffeine as a precaution. is yours hetero or homo? g

I have the C677T mutation. My first RE didn't seem fazed by it, didn't recommend anything. Said I could start taking a baby aspirin if I wanted. I have no idea about hetero or homo... I have seen a hematologist last week but she just had me do another round of blood tests (11 vials!) and wants to see me again next week. I hope I would get some answers soon. She did mention heparin and talking with my RE about any plan she has for me.

Is your DP taking B6 or B12 besides the folic acid? how much of each?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    rktink13, LOVE the expression on your baby girl's face! :) Too cute!

Good luck on working on your weight loss goal! Small steps every day and not giving up should get you there! I am working on it too and I have to keep reminding myself that even if I don't see any results at the end of the day, it doesn't mean I should just give up. Any little step towards the goal gets me this much closer.

PtownMoms, I am the same with still using my 'un-green' products for now just because I paid good money for them and plan to change to homemade/safer ones after.
    The good news is you have a lot of time to work towards your goals, just remember to move forward everyday. And if sometimes it seems like you failed to make progress, just know you can always pick up where you left off. Lots of luck to you! And by the way, your daughter is beautiful! :)