Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

"Clomid" is a scary word.

ncteacherncteacher Posts: 178
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Okay, so my doc started me on clomid to give us a little edge this month....I'm actually scared!

For those of you the have/are taking it, what should I expect?

Comments

• Options
    nervouswrecknervouswreck Posts: 379
    edited November -1
    Just a little more pms'y symtoms, maybe hotflashes at night.At ovulation you may or may not feel pain, I did though.
  • Options
    Trae&TracyTrae&Tracy Posts: 199
    edited November -1
    This will be my first cycle using Clomid as well so I am a little apprehensive too! I am hoping that the side effects are minimal. But, I am also excited at the thought that it might just give me that extra boost I need to get my BFP!!!! Lots of luck and sticky baby dust to you. :-)
    7 home ICI's (2010-15) - BFN
    1st medicated IUI w/RE - March 2016 - BFN
    2nd medicated IUI/wRE - April 2016 - BFN
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    We were scared of clomid too, mostly because of the chance of multiples and we already have 2 young children. I was very aware of my ovary when I took it. It felt very full. I was maybe a bit emotional the first week, but that is about it for side effects. Everything else I worried was a side effect of it the 2nd week ended up being pregnancy symptoms :-) I took 50 mg cycle days 3-7 and had success first try after 3 BFNs unmedicated.
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, guys! I'm really excited....I just heard that tearfulness can be a side effect, and since I already cry at EVERYTHING, I am afraid I'm going to embarrass myself! :-)

Anything to get that magical second line, I guess!

Trae&Tracy, let's keep each other posted about any crazy side effects...we can do this!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ncteacher, did you start taking Clomid yet, if so, any side effects? I am taking my first dose tonight before I go to bed.
  • Options
    First HopeFirst Hope Posts: 511
    edited November -1
    I start in a few days and a little nervous myself. If I get any more emotional that I am already I think my wife will strangle me.
    Hope things are going well.
    tt13112d.aspxQWRVm7.pngDSC_0904-1.jpgDSC_0858-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, I took my last dose last night, ordered my swimmers today, and will start looking for a smiley tomorrow! :-)

I really didn't do too badly...I had some hot flashes last night and one round of crying on the phone to my Mom on Friday....

I will say this, though...my husband has been walking on eggshells since I warned him that I was on hormone meds. (heheheh) I even got a nice backrub last night out of symapthy!
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    It took me a long time too to try clomid but after almost two years I have gotten some BFPs--they haven't stuck around but at least that much success. Sometimes I feel a bit of a headache the first day I take it but not much of anything else. I took it days 3-7 and I did however ovulate earlier so watch that. (Progesterone supp. to me were what does me in emotionally!!!)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Glad to hear that it went pretty well and YAY for the back rub!!! I took my first dose last night before bed and I think I was having hot flashes in my sleep because I woke up a few times drenched in sweat. I know, gross! Other than that I am not feeling too bad today. We'll see how the rest of the week goes. Good luck and lots of baby dust to you!
    ;-)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Okay, I'm on CD 9 and I feel like I have a water balloon in my ovaries....hope this is a good sign! :-)
  • Options
    mausandlodiemausandlodie Posts: 312 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm going to start Clomid soon, too - my doc tested my hormone levels and said that I'm ovulating, but probably not regularly :( Good to hear that the side effects are pretty minimal - I'm a little nervous!
    fb07f31c-23cd-4846-9060-8d5113d22bdb_zpsejjbeelw.jpg
    4d79eb04-373b-476e-96e2-4b5387a0f1e1_zpsoeetv1ez.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Had to have someone cover my class today because I was sobbing...mood swings suck. I am really hoping that these mood swings are worth it!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Trae&Tracy...how are you holding up??
  • Options
    LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    I found I was more moody when taking clomid as well, but I will take all the side effects if it will help bring me a BFP.
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png
  • Options
    nervouswrecknervouswreck Posts: 379
    edited November -1
    I just finished my last 50 mg dose yesterday. Day three is always the worst day for me. I was completly depressed and very, very emotional and crabby.By the fifth day I am starving to death. I have been getting to warm at night but not too bad. I suppose that soon we will all know if this has been worth it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have had really bad night sweats, some minor headaches and very moody! It's almost like I can feel myself being a b**ch when i open my mouth to talk, but I can't stop it from coming out! lol! Thankfully I warned my wife and she has been pretty patient with me. I am also having some mild ovary pain.