Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

I need help!!

glinder82glinder82 Posts: 120
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
So the swimmers are set to be delivered tomorrow and I got my smiley today. Question is should we go ahead and inseminate tomorrow or send them back and
Wait for the next cycle? Please help! I did not poas yesterday or this morning so i am not sure when my ovulation started. It wasnt due til Thursday I thought based on what the re said about counting your 1st heavy day as day one. I really don't want to waste the money if it would be better to wait until next month. I am so worried... My cervix is low and open and has been since around 9 this morning when I first checked it. I have no clue when I actually ovulate.

Comments

• Options
    beyondobsessedbeyondobsessed Posts: 804
    edited February 2011
    The OPKs test your LH surge, not your actual ovulation. Getting your smiley means you're gearing up to ovulate, most likely within the next 12-48 hours. So in my opinion, you should still be good to go. If you ovulate really close to your surge, then you might be cutting it close, but I think you should still be ok.

As far as doing the actual insems, I'm sure the other ladies on here can give you much better timing advice than I can!! Good luck!!

(ETA: I would also recommend not putting every ounce of faith you have in the OPKs. Make sure your body's signs are lining up, too. You said your cervix is low: usually the cervix is quite high around the time of ovulation, but not everyone is the same, of course. What about your CM?)
    squsqusrd20120522_-6_Our+Little+Man+is.png
  • Options
    sugarprincesssugarprincess Posts: 629
    edited November -1
    How is your cm?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was very "wet" about 9 this morning cm was stringy but later this afternoon no so wet and cm was egg white colored
  • Options
    edited November -1
    As much research and reading I have done I feel like I should be more prepared
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Eggwhite like clear???? if it is really wet now it should go to eggwhite clear soon. If you have a speculum it seems to help getting a better sample, at least for me it does. Then you can also get a better picture of how open it is as well
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It's more milky white and not stringy
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ugh I am so frustrated no clue what to do
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You still have time then! White is not eggwhite cm, it should be clear like an uncooked egg. Check it every few hours to see changes. I felt like i waited to long this month(only 9dpo today) we insemmed at 24 and 30 past pos opk, but actually i think it was good timing. What time does fedex show up? How old are you? Try peeing on a stick still to see if you are still surging. Relax, i know it is hard. I think you still have time. You said your cervix was still low, it needs to be high and soft for peak fertility. Get in there and feel around!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am 28 and thank you so much for taking time to talk to me. I think I actually o closer to 24 hours past positive ppm but I am not positive. I tried thewhole temp thing but it drives me crazy.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Your welcome, i was a basket case this month, hahaa! Are you still surging? I guess at this point you are gonna have to play it by ear and see what lines up tomorrow. I am not 100% sure but i think i read that as long as you are surging the egg has mot released. Someone please correct me if i am wrong.
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Thats what I think too, if you're still getting smileys you should be good to go for inseminations tomorrow. best f luck to yoU!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    First HopeFirst Hope Posts: 511
    edited November -1
    I am not a pro we were just really lucky with my DP. If your cervix is still open I would go for it. We did our insems early but for her it worked, some it works better later. I can tell you 2dpo her cervix was tightly closed. Everyone is different. Since you already spent the money for shipping maybe do only one vial, (if your ordered more). I know our shipping cost almost makes it worth a try even if I feel our timing is a little off.
    Wishing you the best of luck.
    tt13112d.aspxQWRVm7.pngDSC_0904-1.jpgDSC_0858-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This morning I did not have a smiley and my right side around where my ovary should be is very sore/crampy this morning. I think I am ovulating right around now. I am hoping that Mr. Fedex shows up early this morning so we can go ahead and get 2 inseminations in. If he shows up later this afternoon I will probably only do one insem. I really appreciate everybodys opinions and input... I really freaked out last night when the I got the smiley with no swimmers...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good luck! I hope it works out for you:)
  • Options
    minnie0672minnie0672 Posts: 1,264
    edited November -1
    Good Luck!
    6 IUI's resulting in BFN. 7th IUI was the fun one with pregnant...then not...then ectopic at 7 weeks...IVF #1 - miscarriage...IVF #2 miscarriage 5w6d...IVF #3 cancelled due to not growing embryos and pneumonia...IVF# 4 same old story...BFP then miscarriage...this is getting old...onto possibly Donor Egg or Donor Embryo
  • Options
    rspbryswrlrspbryswrl Posts: 136
    edited November -1
    Good Luck! I hope Fedex arrives very soon so you can get to making that baby!
  • Options
    stwrrstwrr Posts: 455 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Same thing happened to use in our January cycle. It all came early, everything but the swimmers! Within a half hour of their arrival, we were in the bedroom lighting candles. Grin.

And we just did one of the two vials, because by 6 hours later, I could tell things were closin' up!

This cycle I was paranoid and got the tank delivered REALLY early. We used them on Day 7, and shipped the tank back. Worked out just fine. Just like yours will!

Good luck, and keep us updated!

~ Sandy
    407251321.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    UGH!!!!!! My swimmers still aren't here. This is so frustrating and stressful!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Aww man! I hope it isnt too late:(
  • Options
    Sassy2uSassy2u Posts: 236
    edited November -1
    So I am dying to know how it went!! Did the spermies make it in time?
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    I need to know too!!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    brittneybrittney Posts: 46
    edited November -1
    good luck,im not really one to give advise but do what feels safe if that means do one then do one but if you really are unsure maybe send the rest back till next month ,but really i have no idea what the heck im doing half the time,but sometimes its better to be safe than sorry.but if you feel good about it then woohoo best wishes!let us know what happens !we would be in the tww together yay
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The swimmers made it yesterday around 2:30ish we were able to do both inseminations even though they were close together. We did one right at 5:00 and the other around 11 last night so 6 hours later. My cervix was starting to shift and close so we wanted to pack them in there lol.
    Thanks for all your encouraging words, and helpful suggestions!!
  • Options
    brittneybrittney Posts: 46
    edited November -1
    yay!we are in the tww together hope we both get positives!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Me too Brittney! Good Luck and lots of baby dust!