Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

for the hetero couples.....

Autumn&RyanAutumn&Ryan Posts: 157
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
do you use a condom while TTC? what do you do during those couple of days you are AIing? I am wondering if dh's semen could interfere with the semen from the donor.

Comments

• Options
    jenoglvjenoglv Posts: 669 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm single, but I'm going to throw out an answer. When I was doing my IUI cycles, my RE told me sex was fine after inseminating. I think he forgot I was single. ;-) His opinion was the more the better.
    Jennifer SMBC, mama to Rhys.

2012-10-29003321-1.jpg
  • Options
    brittneybrittney Posts: 46
    edited November -1
    good question ,ive hurd both ways so we just havent had intercourse while in the tww till we have a answer, better safe than sorry.but who knows i might be a step over board with trying to be too safe lol
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is a good one fir goobie to answer lol. I am in a same sex relationship but I think I read on here somewhere that ur husbands "stuff" can kill off the donor sperm....like I said...a good question for goobie
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • Options
    sugarprincesssugarprincess Posts: 629
    edited November -1
    We do but about 5 days after, but mostly cause he doesnt want his weener touching some other dudes stuff. Hahahha
  • Options
    jenandlorijenandlori Posts: 584
    edited November -1
    We do but about 5 days after, but mostly cause he doesnt want his weener touching some other dudes stuff. Hahahha
    I just had to pick myself off the floor from laughing so hard sugar!!
    Baby Dallas born 11/27/13

IMG_9532_zpsff82306d.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hahaha, yeah he is a trip. He says he will have sex with me no sooner than five days. I get so stressed during the tww that i hardly think of it at all...maybe if i MADE him have sex with me more i would be less stressed...hehehehe
  • Options
    minnie0672minnie0672 Posts: 1,264
    edited November -1
    That is absolutely fantastic! Thanks for a good laugh :)
    6 IUI's resulting in BFN. 7th IUI was the fun one with pregnant...then not...then ectopic at 7 weeks...IVF #1 - miscarriage...IVF #2 miscarriage 5w6d...IVF #3 cancelled due to not growing embryos and pneumonia...IVF# 4 same old story...BFP then miscarriage...this is getting old...onto possibly Donor Egg or Donor Embryo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well after the day i had i am glad i could make someone smile:) people at work had me chasing my tail all day! Ahhhh gotta love the army!
  • Options
    ncteacherncteacher Posts: 178
    edited November -1
    I never even thought about this!! Most of the time, I am such a moody mess that it isn't an option...I'll ask my awesome nurse and tell you what she says....
  • Options
    jodyjody Posts: 152
    edited November -1
    Sugarprincess, that was awesome!!! hahahaha Sounds like my man lmao
    607-1-1.jpg
  • Options
    aghhgghaghhggh Posts: 60
    edited November -1
    LOL sugarprincess.
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Thanks Pam... Goobie to the rescue!

We were told to NOT have unprotected intercourse for at least 48 hours before an insem, and for at least 48 hours after, because Tim has had a vasectomy and therefore a few things happen. His body still makes sperm, but they cannot come out. Because they cannot come out, his body has "evolved" and kills them off as they are produced... this can take up to 10 years after a vasectomy to happen, as the body will slowly start to see sperm as a forgein substance rather then something to nourish. Because his vasectomy was so long ago, he DOES produce the anti-bodies that kill healthy sperm. This antibody is produced not only in the actual testicle, but also in the seminal fluid in the prostrate. Males who are infertile because they do not produce sperm have a less likely chance of producing the antibodies, however some men do not produce sperm BECAUSE they naturally produce the antibodies... so if you are not sure why your infertile guy is infertile, then I would be cautious and glove before love.

That being said, we have yet to wrap... we just abstain for at least 2 days before and at least 2 days after... Tims got a fairly low libido (which SHOULD change now that he is on new meds... he told his Dr his meds were interfereing sexually and his Dr had the script pad out faster then he could close his mouth, said we CAN'T have that - I love his Dr!)

And yes... abstaining after is not an issue either, because as cool as Tim is with putting some other guys junk in me, he doesn't really want it all up under HIS foreskin... so after 2 days I have a nice long soak in the tub and then I try to get me a little.

Oh Oh Oh... sidenote... if you DO condomize to get busy - make sure you use NON LATEX condoms... latex KILLS SPERM! So if you do the deed the day after an intravaginal insemination, and use latext condoms, you could be killing off any that are still hanging around the cervix. And please make sure that you are using non spermacidal ones too... we like non-lubricated Durex Advanti, as my KD can use them during intercourse with his wife then just bring us the used condom. Besides that, latex is nasty stuff - I have a life threatening allergy to it so I figure NO ONE should use it!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    Autumn&RyanAutumn&Ryan Posts: 157
    edited November -1
    Dh also feels the same way, must be a man thing to not want to touch another guys semen.
    Thanks for the great responses ladies and we will probably just abstain for two days before, and two days after.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dh also feels the same way, must be a man thing to not want to touch another guys semen.
    Thanks for the great responses ladies and we will probably just abstain for two days before, and two days after.

Let's be fair now... it's not that they don't want to TOUCH another mans semen (Tim will at least!) but they don't want another mans semen to touch THEM! (;
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Haha goobie, this month...i have no idea how but some flung on his arm right after the insem and he about had heart failure!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    *snort* that is just TOO funny! I think Tim is just a little weird because of his job... he works with special needs adults, and yes, masturbation is something that happens in the house he works in, so "getting some on him" is something that could happen on a daily basis at work! He also has done security at the hospital in the past (psych ward) asnd has all matter of bodily fluids on him. Thank goodness he is not squeamish - I would be temped to chase him around the house with an open vial is he got the squeemies from it!
    tt125c22.aspx