Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

When would you order the swimmers to get here?

kyhome123kyhome123 Posts: 93
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
So for the last 5 months I have been tracking my cycle and have had a 30 day cycle each time and Od on day 17 or so. Well last month it looks like I O'd on days 15 and 16 and then Aunt Flo came to visit today which is cycle day 28! I input the info into the ovulation calendar and it said I should O on March 11. I am armed with a 20ct box of smilies but I wanted to ask you ladies when would you order the swimmers to be here. We are planning to do ICI with 3 vials.

Also does anyone have any experience w/1855?

Thanks so much for all of your help and advice.

Comments

• Options
    PtownMomsPtownMoms Posts: 768
    edited November -1
    I ordered on cycle day 1...and had them delivered on cycle day 10. I would typically get a smiley between cycle days 11-13. So I wanted them there a little early just in case. We also used 3 ici vials. So if you think you'll ovulate on March 11th...I would have them delivered on the 9th maybe? It kinda depends on when you plan on doing the insems.
    Carrie & Monica

sig_zps0be86692-1_zpse4fe5311.jpg
  • Options
    cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited November -1
    I would say to have the swimmers arrive 3days before you plan to insem. Since that falls on a Sunday I would have them arrive the Friday before which would be the 4th. I am overly cautious because just when you think you have your cycle pin pointed it messes you up and you end up Oing 3 days early! But that could just be me :-) Good luck!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for responding so quickly! I am a nervous breakdown about this. I would really love for this to work. I am planning to insem on 12, 24 and 36 hrs past positive smiley. Does that sound right? I am 33 years old.
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    Definitely order a day or two early.

I called fedex several times yesterday evening because online the tracking showed no problems, but the package didn't show. Finally at 8:00pm they said they couldn't find it. I called fedex again this morning and they still weren't sure if it was left at the distribution center or on the truck. Finally it showed up a day late.

Hopefully this is not a common story.
    Good luck
    KT
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    PtownMomsPtownMoms Posts: 768
    edited November -1
    We did our insems at 0, 12, 24 (ish). But, people seem to switch up their timing depending on when they ovulate...or think they ovulate.
    Carrie & Monica

sig_zps0be86692-1_zpse4fe5311.jpg
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    I ovulate on CD 17 too, and I got my BFP first try (at 36 1/2).
    As long as your cycles are fairly consistent, I would recommend having them delivered CD 15. That way, you've got them just in case you O a little early, and you've got them for several days later just in case you O late.
    And if you haven't noticed yet, it's Murphy's AI Law that you WILL O late the first month that you insem : P

Good luck!!
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks so much for the help. I am really nervous about all the timing stuff.