Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

New here, first try next week

Hopingfor11Hopingfor11 Posts: 2
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Trying for the first time next week. Ordered our vials and will be delivered on the 2nd. 11 is our lucky number so hoping for 2011. Any advice for our first time ICI?

Comments

• Options
    alp75alp75 Posts: 340
    edited November -1
    hi and welcome to the forum.. I dont have any advice as I am a newbie too but wanted to wish you the best of luck!
    angela1_16393.gif
  • Options
    Hopingfor11Hopingfor11 Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    Thanks alp75. We have been lurking here for quite some time but just decided to join since we are trying for the first time next week. It feels like we already "know" a lot of folks here, just looking forward to becoming a more a part of the community now.
  • Options
    First HopeFirst Hope Posts: 511
    edited November -1
    Everyone one on the forum is great. I would just read the BFP database and see what has worked for others. That is what we did our first month, copied the lastest BFP and it worked. I will be joinging you next month so here is to a great March/April AI.
    tt13112d.aspxQWRVm7.pngDSC_0904-1.jpgDSC_0858-1.jpg
  • Options
    indigoscotindigoscot Posts: 246
    edited November -1
    welcome to the forum!!! :)

we had our first re appt for #3 this past friday and although we had been planning on waiting until may to try we MAY try in march if dp's tsh and sis (saline sonogram thingie) come back ok. if not we will wait until after our trip to scotland. :)

i hope you manage to have first timer's luck. :)

g
    nirim4.png
    onmFm5.png
    tMYCm5.png
  • Options
    2moms2be2moms2be Posts: 226
    edited November -1
    Welcome!!!!
    Try#1 BFN Try#2 BFN Try#3 BFN Try#4 BFN Try#5 BFN Try#6 BFN Try#7 (after 8 months off) BFP!!! We are MOMS!
    475374_4381287044509_1614899970_o.jpg
    ojalm5.png
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Welome to the forums... glad you came out of lurk mode to join us! Best of luck to you!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    PomsmomeePomsmomee Posts: 162
    edited November -1
    Welcome!
    STOP Puppymills and Irresponsible Backyard Breeders! Be a responsible pet owner:)
  • Options
    LexnaniLexnani Posts: 398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome and good luck!!!
  • Options
    SPJ&ESPJ&E Posts: 874 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just wanted to say good luck!
    Mom to P (13), J (11), E (6), and Q (born December 2017)
  • Options
    ncteacherncteacher Posts: 178
    edited November -1
    Welcome! This group has certainly become a part of my daily routine...even if I don't have anything to contribute, I have become addicted to checking in!
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    No advice...just good luck! :-)
    Read up on some of the BFP posts on the BFP board...it always helped DP and I get some pointers and find some hope for a quick BFP!

Enjoy and laugh a lot...
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    Welcome!!!! And congratulations on coming out of lurking and your new upcoming TTC. I wish you the best of luck and a fast BFP.
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png
  • Options
    kimNebbykimNebby Posts: 40
    edited November -1
    Good luck! We are new too and had our first try this month, waiting waiting waiting! Best to you!
    kimNebby
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    Hi ,

I've only been writing here for the last week or so. I do have some advice...

I wish that I had lurked long enough to learn more info before I jumped the gun and ordered my swimmers. Since this isn't your first try you may already know all the important info, but I didnt. I didnt realize how important temping is and I didn't want to pay 50 bucks for the basal thermometer. I didn't want to shell out the cash for the smiley machine so I used cheep opk sticks.

Now I have been totally nerved out because the opks are totally difficult to read and all I have to go on is that and EWCM. Most of the ladies here have it down to a science and my advice is to do that. Buy the smiley thing, temp and record everything:)

Best of luck
    KT
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    KTZ makes a great point.
    If you haven't already charted your cycles for a few months (menstrual cycle, OPKs, temps, cervical position and mucous, etc), then I would say go with three vials so that you can cover all of your bases (if you spread them out every 18 hours you can cover a 54 hour window .... that makes it pretty darn hard to miss the egg!!).

Oh, and use Preseed and try to have an orgasm after you insem ; )

Good luck, and welcome!!
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg