Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Does anyone else...

ncteacherncteacher Posts: 178
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
...feel like it's just "never going to happen?" We have been playing the TTC game for almost 3 years now. Even though this is only our 3rd round with DS, I am so emotionally detatched that I am just going through the motions...I'm just so used to being disappointed that I am losing hope...

How do I fight that? How do you keep your head up?

Comments

• Options
    Sassy2uSassy2u Posts: 236
    edited November -1
    I am sorry that you are feeling low today. I cannot say that I know how you feel as I am in the beginning stages of this but I am 34 and have accepted that it may not happen for me. But I have to say this forum is a great source of inspiration. There is so much positive energy here and wonderful stories of BFPs after many trials and tribulations. I hope you get to feeling more positive and that your next try is the one for you.
  • Options
    sugarprincesssugarprincess Posts: 629
    edited November -1
    You are not the only one, i feel the exact same way right now!
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    There are definitely times that I feel like it may just never happen, and though I do not recomend it, those are the days I smoke and eat junk! I know that if I get a BFN this coming week I will be totally heartbroken, because right now I feel like this IS our month, and if it's not I'm not sure that I can go through this again month after month!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    please don't give up. I felt like that EVERY month. And even right before my BFP I wasn't too sure it worked.
    But I'm such a pessimist that even now at 5weeks I sometimes don't believe it!!
    Oh and had been trying since April 2009
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • Options
    footprintsfootprints Posts: 235
    edited November -1
    I was having this same conversation today with another person. We have used ds for 18 cycles for over 2 years (with doctor fees, meds, ultrasounds, IUI, sperm....it gets expensive). We have had all the test but was finally diagnosed last cycle with PCOS due to high LH levels. I am extremely small, exercise, eat organic, and have the "egg" quality of a 14 year old (per my rm). That said, sometimes I think we will never get pregnant. I keep reminding myself it will happen. Good luck and keep your head up!
    tt12ed52.aspx
  • Options
    minnie0672minnie0672 Posts: 1,264
    edited November -1
    Oh I'm right there with you. While I haven't been on this board long I've been ttc on and off since 2008. I just took time off last year to finish my masters degree and the financial strain can be a bit much being a smbc and having to use a re. I just keep saying it will happen when it's time but I'll tell you, this past weekend there have been a lot of tears she'd and the words "why me" came out a lot. Sending lots of good thoughts your way.
    6 IUI's resulting in BFN. 7th IUI was the fun one with pregnant...then not...then ectopic at 7 weeks...IVF #1 - miscarriage...IVF #2 miscarriage 5w6d...IVF #3 cancelled due to not growing embryos and pneumonia...IVF# 4 same old story...BFP then miscarriage...this is getting old...onto possibly Donor Egg or Donor Embryo
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I know what you feel. This last cycle I could not even face testing until several days after AF was to arrive. I just couldn't do it and face another disappointment. Having to face reordering and possibly wasting $100 on progesterone supp. made me face reality and do it!!! Hang in There. Hope you have better luck really soon!