Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Excited and Nervous...First round of frozen arrives today!

A&BbabyboundA&Bbabybound Posts: 193
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hello ladies...I have been watching the forum but hadn't posted yet.

Today our baby batter (sperm) arrives. DW and I are so excited and nervous at the same time. I am CD 11 today, tested this morning but no +OPK yet, very close though.

We ordered 2 vials, Question:
Should we inseminate our first vial today with anticipation of positive OPK tomorrow? We have heard that its best to inseminate the day before and day of...not sure if true.
Should we wait to inseminate both vials the day of positive or
Inseminate one vial day of positive and 36 hours later?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Aurora and Becky
Me (38) TTC
Wife of 6 years to Becky
Oct 2011 BFN
May 2012 BFN
July 2012 BF?
My Ovulation Chart

Comments

• Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    It really depends on when you ovulate in relation to your +OPK. Most women O within 24-48hrs after +OPK. Considering frozen sperm only lives at high motility for approx. 12hrs after inseming, I would do your first insem around 12hrs after +OPK and then the second at around 24hrs or 30hrs after. That's just me though...all depends on when you ovulate in relation to that +OPK.
    The idea of inseming prior to the +OPK is really for the use of fresh sperm as that can live up to 6 days in healthy CM and its always good to get the sperm in there waiting for the egg to drop since you have such a big window.

Anyway, best of luck...it is always nice to read the BFP database on the forum to see what timing others commonly used. Welcome and try not to stress, it will all work out in the end! :-)
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    you only want to inseminate before you get your positive opk if you are using fresh sperm because it lives longer. If you are using frozen sperm then you should wait until after you get a positive opk. I will let one of the "pros" answer about the timing after positive opk because I am not REAL sure about that. I just know that with frozen you need to wait until after your positive opk.
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • Options
    mama2bemama2be Posts: 61
    edited November -1
    Welcome and good luck! We recently got our BFP by using advice from this post http://www.nwcryobank.com/forum/post/86662/#p86662
  • Options
    A&BbabyboundA&Bbabybound Posts: 193
    edited November -1
    Ah that makes sense now...we were using fresh before with brother in law.
    I will time after my first OPK!

Thank you so much!

Oh and mama2be-that site was very helpful!
    Me (38) TTC
    Wife of 6 years to Becky
    Oct 2011 BFN
    May 2012 BFN
    July 2012 BF?
    My Ovulation Chart