Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

need your guidance, ladies

chandraandamandachandraandamanda Posts: 676
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Got my smiley a little after 9 this morning, texted Chandra, and she came home to sperminate. We did the first AI at +opk because I tend to ovulate soon after. We have let our midwife know that we want to do an IUI early tomorrow morning (before we have to get everyone ready for school). Last cycle, I had my temp rise the morning after +opk, but we feel like having her come over for the IUI tonight would be too soon. Also, we read it is still a good time to do an IUI the morning of temp rise IF you can do it right away. What do all of you think? We also have another ICI vial. We were planning on doing that tomorrow at bedtime (if temp rise isn't tomorrow morning).
theowlandtheoctopusblog.blogspot.com
Amanda and Chandra
DSCF7259-1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    sounds like you have your window pretty well covered! good luck ladies!!!
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    Sounds pretty solid to me.

The only other thing to consider is that since the sperm in the ICI live longer than in the IUI, you might consider doing that first.

I'm sort of new though, definitely interested in what others think.
    Good Luck:)
    KT
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    I think timing sounds good.
    You are covering a great window.
    The first insem today should take you through until the morning IUI with the midwife (24hrs post +OPK is optimal according to most OB/RE's for IUI timing). We got both of our BFP's timing IUI's 24hrs after +OPK. :-)
    Then the third insem is just insurance...you could do that one tonight if you are fairly certain you will have your temp rise tomorrow and therefore ovulate that day. That's just up to you!
    Good luck ladies...fingers crossed.
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    I think it sounds great, and you KNOW I am totally rooting for you!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thank you! Chandra had suggested doing the 2nd one this evening too. So, maybe that's what we'll end up doing. Luckily, the midwife is completely willing to come over at 5:30 in the morning so we can get the IUI finished before it's time to wake the boys up. The downside of the midwife--she could be at a delivery. What are the chances, but still... I really wish we were able to do it ourselves. We have never had any luck "visualizing the cervix." when it's time to insem, I can barely reach it with my fingertips when I'm squatting--so forget finding it when I'm laying down. So, we can't even do an insem in the os without a speculum, and we can't figure out how to use it so we can see anything!
    Amanda and Chandra
    DSCF7259-1.jpg
  • Options
    aghhgghaghhggh Posts: 60
    edited November -1
    5:30 sounds early enough. You want an IUI done pretty much right at O time. If you're worried about that chance that she might not be available, you could use the last ICI vial tonight right before you go to sleep, like KT & mommylove said, which would keep you covered for the night & most of tomorrow. Either way, good luck!!
  • Options
    nellisonnellison Posts: 102
    edited November -1
    I don't have any advice, but I wanted to say good luck!!!
    dads-2.jpg
    Nicki (me), Kristina (wife), and Lilah
    ttddb0b.aspx
  • Options
    JaisJais Posts: 384
    edited November -1
    Yes I hope it works out great. You have gotten some really good advice. Good luck to you.
  • Options
    BabyBugsArrivalBabyBugsArrival Posts: 523
    edited November -1
    I vote for doing the ici vial tonight and iui tomorrow morning early. I think that sounds like perfect timing and I'm sure everything will work out with the midwife. Good luck and I really hope this time works! Can't wait to see your BFP!
    mommaandme-1.jpg
  • Options
    alp75alp75 Posts: 340
    edited November -1
    Good luck to you!
    angela1_16393.gif
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just wanted to say good luck...we are rooting for you girls!!!
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • Options
    Sassy2uSassy2u Posts: 236
    edited November -1
    Best of luck ladies!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok, thank you for all of your input. I wish we had a crystal ball. I usually O close to +opk, but have had cycles when I haven't. Ugh! Well, Chandra thinks we should do the 2nd ICI tonight--and everyone else seems to agree. So, here we go...
    Amanda and Chandra
    DSCF7259-1.jpg
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    Good luck!! :-)
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Better too early then too late, I figure.... now I got my fingers crossed you pop that eggy right about.... NOW!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!