Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

baby asprin, when to stop?

GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I have been taking a baby asprin a day... should I stop that now? Wait till 6 weeks? 12? You'd think this was our first, but in a way it is... I have never "helped" get myself pregnant before, so now I wonder about the asprin... I think the B6 I should keep taking, I was told to start with Moose because it can lower MS.
tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!

Comments

• Options
    Sassy2uSassy2u Posts: 236
    edited November -1
    I am so confused. What is Moose? And what is MS?
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sassy: Moose is her daughter's nickname an MS is morning sickness....I believe
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • Options
    alp75alp75 Posts: 340
    edited November -1
    how long did you take it before? I also heard it was good for BP regulation, but I have no idea and look forward to the replies....
    angela1_16393.gif
  • Options
    friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    I'd check with your doctor. if they told you to start it, I'd ask when to stop it, if at all.

in fact, even if they didn't tell you to start it I'd ask them if/when to stop. it can affect blood flow and you don't want to monkey with that when the baby is needing it!

my midwife had me stop at 9 or 10 weeks, but that's me. every case is different.
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png
  • Options
    aghhgghaghhggh Posts: 60
    edited November -1
    Alp -- Aspirin is a blood thinner, so many people with risk factors for developing blood clots take a daily low dose aspirin to prevent stroke or heart attack. It also may help with TTC by increasing blood flow to the uterus to make sure there's adequate lining.

Goobie - definitely keep going with the B6 & prenatals. So far as I know, low dose aspirin is safe for the first two trimesters. If you feel better taking it, keep going until you talk with your doctor. But unless you have some condition that you know you need aspirin for, I don't think you need to keep taking it now.
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited March 2011
    OK, so basically if I remember to take it, cool, if I forget at this stage, thats probably cool too?! I will be meeting with my midwife or a doctor by the end of the week just to have it on my medical records so will ask the pros then.

And yes, sorry to those of you who do not know me... Moose (or Moosie) is my 8 year old daughter, Boog my 12 year old son... MS did stand for Morning Sickness in this case, which I have not had, but had horribly with my last pregnancy. I was taking the asprin for blood flow, even though I do not have any conditions that would affect that (pretty sure being deaf doesn't have much to do with my uterus!). And call me crazy, but at 3 weeks 4 days I am pretty sure this bean will be sticky, don't know why, just a feeling!

Oh, and I THINK I have been taking the asprin for 3 cycles now. B6 for the last 2 cycles. Prenatals since july!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK so do lots of people take baby aspirin?
    wMgFm5.png
  • Options
    Sassy2uSassy2u Posts: 236
    edited November -1
    Thanks for filling me in ladies.
  • Options
    BabyLove4BabyLove4 Posts: 49
    edited November -1
    I am taking Baby aspirin. Mainly because I am also using Clomid, and that is known for thinning lining of the uterus. So I figure that taking a baby aspirin couldn't hurt.
    ~Beth

30, SMBC. Dreaming of my beautiful baby....
  • Options
    annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    I took baby aspirin and waited until my dr. told me to stop at 12 or 14 weeks. Before you decide to start taking baby aspirin you should do research, aspirin can cause defects in the heart - so you have to weigh your options.
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png