Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

soft cups?

alp75alp75 Posts: 340
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I have never tried the instead cups before and thought I would check one out before needing it. I must be a spaz because I sure can't figure the thing out. Can you just put one in after the ICI for back up (considering I figure out how to use them- Im googling the info online) --Im afraid of trapping them IN the cup and just be out that vial. Any pointers or info on them would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ladies!
angela1_16393.gif

Comments

• Options
    BabyBugsArrivalBabyBugsArrival Posts: 523
    edited November -1
    I'll be honest with you, I HATE them. We did use them with 2 of our ici insems, but I felt like I was keeping the sperm OUT. LOL I know that probably wasn't the case, but it seemed like when I would slide the cup in it was brushing the stuff that was on my cervix aside? Make sense? Because when it goes in the hard rubber outer ring goes straight up and then back towards your tailbone. Of course, there is always the possibility that I was doing it wrong bc I had no idea what it was supposed to feel like either (:

I decided if we used them again, we should put the preseed and sperm in the cup and insert it carefully with the goodies in it. Good luck and hope it goes well!
    mommaandme-1.jpg
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    I used them every time, as well as I use them for AF. Basically, I would get Tim to put the swimmers JUST into my cervix while I practically stood on my head, then I would insert the cup before any could ooze out (while still standing on my head, it helped when he could hold my up by the ankles) Sexy look, not so much, did it work - yep! Just practice with them till it becomes more natural feeling... I think I took to it pretty quickly because I used them for AF first, I also used to use the NuvaRing for birth control AND I have had kids before, so lets face it, I may be a little more stretched out after having a 10 pounder and a 9 pound 7 ouncer! *blush*
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    alp75alp75 Posts: 340
    edited November -1
    Haha! What an image..! I have read a lot of positive stuff on them but just cant get them to fit right.. I have three kiddos at home and was a surro in 2006 so i'm pretty "stretchy" too... but I can't get those puppies to go in! Im uncomfortable taking them out and putting them in too many times, (infection.. I'm a little ocd about stuff like that) but willin if it will increase my odds of a little one..!
    babybugsarrival, that is what I was thinking.. afraid the swimmers wont make their destination.. but honestly, I had never even heard of the instead cups until I thought of trying to conceive again.....
    angela1_16393.gif
  • Options
    PtownMomsPtownMoms Posts: 768
    edited November -1
    I used them (I also use the keeper for AF, my wife uses the instead cups for AF). We put them in right after we used the ici vials. In the syringe we put preseed, swimmers, then more preseed. My cervix was practically drowning in the stuff. Then we put a little preseed in the instead cup and I put it in about 5-10 min after we did the insems. We will definitely be using them again for baby #2.
    Carrie & Monica

sig_zps0be86692-1_zpse4fe5311.jpg
  • Options
    LoveShackBabyLoveShackBaby Posts: 118
    edited November -1
    I tried the Instead cups but found it very uncomfortable to insert and remove. I am paranoid about inserting anything in me. lol. I worry about things getting stuck. Thank goodness for light periods so I don't require tampons!