Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Whaddaya think?

GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I have no idea how to tell my Negative Nelly mother that we are pregnant... so I was thinking I might email her this picture and wait till she calls me! Is that chickening out, should I just call her? I need to say something to her and my other sister who is just like her so I can start telling people that will be happy for us!

035-1.jpg
tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!

Comments

• Options
    minnie0672minnie0672 Posts: 1,264
    edited November -1
    I love that you got the 11/11/11 due date :)
    6 IUI's resulting in BFN. 7th IUI was the fun one with pregnant...then not...then ectopic at 7 weeks...IVF #1 - miscarriage...IVF #2 miscarriage 5w6d...IVF #3 cancelled due to not growing embryos and pneumonia...IVF# 4 same old story...BFP then miscarriage...this is getting old...onto possibly Donor Egg or Donor Embryo
  • Options
    JaisJais Posts: 384
    edited November -1
    Like PP nice due date. Great idea too for telling them.
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just showed this to Bree and she n I both say it is a nice way ti tell them. We also love your due date!!!
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • Options
    wylinzwylinz Posts: 358
    edited November -1
    I am so happy for you! Congratulations!!!!!! I can't wait to see all the cute stuff you make for YOUR baby.
    282014_531207640238873_1174511491_n.jpg
    TTC #5 IUI at RE 11/4, medicated cycle. Yay!!!!!! It's a BFP!!!!!
    Baby Hunter born in July 2012
  • Options
    chandraandamandachandraandamanda Posts: 676
    edited November -1
    sounds like a good way to go about it. I always think it's easier to give news in writing when it's to someone who tends to have negative responses. If you suspect there's a chance they might reply with anything other than joy--send them the email.
    theowlandtheoctopusblog.blogspot.com
    Amanda and Chandra
    DSCF7259-1.jpg
  • Options
    annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    You need to tell her - she is your mother, no matter what. How would you feel if your daughter sent you an e-mail telling you she was pregnant - I wouldn't want to find out that way.
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
  • Options
    LoveShackBabyLoveShackBaby Posts: 118
    edited November -1
    I made cute cards to send out to my mom/dad/sister/brother/grandparents when I get a BFP! I'm gonna write CONGRATS - You're gonna be a gramma/grandpa/aunt/uncle/great-grandparent message inside. lol. I think finding out in writing is a great way and something that they can hold onto as a momento. I'm sentimental like that, though.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So what I did....

I sent the picture in an email, but I did not hit send till I had my Mom on the phone. Then I told her to check her email... of course her computer froze up and she could not open it, so I just told her anyway! she laughed, she cried and in the end she basically sais that if I am happy she is too. Her big issue is that Tim and I are of different religions, I told her to just give it a chance. So one down, now I just need to tell my sister, which I will tomorrow, and my dad whom I will also call tonmorrow (tried today but he was out) and THEN I can annouce it to the world!

W are just so happy, we didn;t want anyone to bring us down... and I have been here venting about my sister in the past, I might do it again tomorrow!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    chandraandamandachandraandamanda Posts: 676
    edited November -1
    glad it went well with your mom. hope it goes just as well with your sister. Good luck!
    theowlandtheoctopusblog.blogspot.com
    Amanda and Chandra
    DSCF7259-1.jpg
  • Options
    muripherousmuripherous Posts: 264
    edited November -1
    Good for you! Don't let anyone's potential negativity bring you down. Hang in there...This baby is going to be lucky to have such amazing parents.
    kR99m5.png
    6monthcollage.jpg
  • Options
    Dance-Pray-LoveDance-Pray-Love Posts: 143
    edited November -1
    CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!! Hey ! It's your news to tell HOWEVER you want !!!! I am soooo Happy for you !
    cj14yB7.jpgcj14m7.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Absolutely awesome!!!!! I'm so glad that you got that weight off of your chest, and onto the next one Mama!
    wMgFm5.png
  • Options
    rharris80rharris80 Posts: 43
    edited November -1
    This was a great surprise to see after being away from the boards for so long! Congrats to you!!!! :0)
    Becky
  • Options
    Autumn&RyanAutumn&Ryan Posts: 157
    edited November -1
    I am glad her repsonse was positive, I am sure I will get a lot of crap from my mom if this happens for us. She thinks three is enough and doesn't hesitate to tell me so. After the last one was born she told my doctor to tie my tubes! I couldn't believe it, I asked her "mom, am I am good mom?, do I take care of my girls well? do I ever ask you for anything? do we provide for them financially and in every other way?" all of which her response was, "of course you do" so then I asked "why did you tell the doc to tie my tubes"? her answer "because you have enough, this is an awful world to bring kids into and no one should have more than a couple kids". I basically told her to mind her own business and that I will have as many as I want (this will be our last one but I plan to make her think I am going to have 10 if I wish).
    My dad is pretty chill about it, my sister just has two and believes that if you can't save enough to pay for a four year college education, you shouldn;t have kids! I have several siblings by the way, my mom had 5 but feels like she can tell me how many to have!
    Sorry for the vent, I am a little frustrated with my mother right now...but I am glad it went well for you Goobie!
    BTW: I didn't know your name is Rachel...I love that name and have considered using it as a middle name since baby #1!
  • Options
    slady357slady357 Posts: 18
    edited November -1
    Yay!!!! So happy for you two!!! I logged on today just to see your BFP!!!! Congrats!!
  • Options
    1baby1day1baby1day Posts: 520
    edited March 2011
    I'm glad things went well when you told your mom. I'm in a similar situation, only with my cousin. We've been really close since 6th grade, now she's married and has been trying to have a baby for several years (she has PCOS and is really, really overweight). When I told her that I was going to do ICI, she said she was happy for me but then for 2 weeks posted on her facebook how sad she was about not being able to conceive. You have a lot of support on here, and I'm sure that your family will support you as well. Look at it this way, at least you don't have someone who makes you feel guilty for wanting a child of your own. :)
    ~D
    TTC 2/26 & 2/28
    pic1a-1.jpg
    My baby, Stella ~ My nephew Alex and I (Denise) at Thanksgiving 2010
    10 TTC's over 15 months - all BFN
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Autumn - Rachel is a great name... I do go by Rae (or Goobie) most of the time, just because in high school there were 2 Rachels and I took the nickname and it stuck! Goobie was the nickname my parents gave me when I was just a brandnewborn and it stuck too!

Thank you everyone... I have now told everyone but my kids, they come home from their dads tomorrow night so I'll tell them than... excitement is contagious I guess, cuz no one gave me as hard a time as I thought they would!
    tt125c22.aspx