Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

No more temping!

chandraandamandachandraandamanda Posts: 676
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I have tried to not temp before. I know it can cause a lot of anxiety around trying to figure out if timing was perfect, or not. I have continued temping because I figured the charting would be good to reference. Well, I was going over the 5 months I have of temping through the entire cycle. Each chart looks like its from a different woman. There is NO consistency! What IS consistent are the days of my cycle when body signs line up with opk, my LP, and Flo start day. So...I'm done with the thermometer for real this time. Please tell me I'm not being irrational.
What we also know--I usually ovulate close to opk. So, we did the second ICI late last night. Our midwife came over this morning (she is awesome!), and was gone in time for us to relax with our coffee for 40 min before getting the kids going.
TWW it is. Who else is with us?
theowlandtheoctopusblog.blogspot.com
Amanda and Chandra
DSCF7259-1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ncteacherncteacher Posts: 178
    edited November -1
    I will get my IUI tomorrow...third time is a charm, right? :-)

My RE actually advised me against temping becuase it leads to such anxiety. I was given very strict orders to use the OPK first thing in the morning, call them when I get a smiley, and go in the next day.

I can see how it would be hard for me to temp....some mornings I wake up freezing because my husband is working nights, and when he's home, I sweat to death because he's liek sleeping with a heated blanket. :-)
  • Options
    BabyBugsArrivalBabyBugsArrival Posts: 523
    edited November -1
    I think you are so right to toss the bbt aside! You've got a good grip on what your body does and when. The BBT charting just makes the first part of the tww more insane....save it for the last week (;

Sounds like you timed everything so right on this month and I can't wait to see your BFP! So excited for you two to share your good news!
    mommaandme-1.jpg
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    I temped religiously for 6 months prior to our first try in late 2008. I then temped through the first two BFN cycles and decided it put far too much pressure on me...too much to think about and I'd rather rest and just keep the faith.
    I never temped again after that...and I loved it. I felt like I knew my cycles perfectly well due to all the prior months of research and all the other fertility signs I had, as well as of course the OPK's.

Good luck! Hope this is the little bit of letting go that you need to get your long awaited BFP.
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the support everyone! Yes, I already feel better knowing I'm through with temping. I couldn't know my cycles any better. Hopefully, I won't have a need to keep track of them due to an upcoming pregnancy.
    Amanda and Chandra
    DSCF7259-1.jpg
  • Options
    A&BbabyboundA&Bbabybound Posts: 193
    edited November -1
    Ha my chart looks crazy too! I am a temp and POAS addict, driving myself crazy. GOT TO STOP hehe!

I am trying to convince myself to not temp after I O this time but we'll see how strong I am. Yikes!

We'll be doing our IUI at home as soon as I get my +OPK which should come today or tomorrow.

Good luck girls, can't wait to see all our BFPs!!!!!
    Me (38) TTC
    Wife of 6 years to Becky
    Oct 2011 BFN
    May 2012 BFN
    July 2012 BF?
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    wylinzwylinz Posts: 358
    edited November -1
    I don't temp either. It's just one more thing to stress over and worry about.
    282014_531207640238873_1174511491_n.jpg
    TTC #5 IUI at RE 11/4, medicated cycle. Yay!!!!!! It's a BFP!!!!!
    Baby Hunter born in July 2012
  • Options
    kandmckandmc Posts: 50
    edited November -1
    Ditto Ditto Ditto! We did the temp thing for over 5 months prior to our first attempt, and with everything else to think about, it was just one extra thing to stress us out! Maybe we should have a thermometer burning party!! ha ha just kidding...
    DSC_0906.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good call! I'd totally agree on the not temping - I did that for awhile back before we conceived our daughter - in my case things looked OK but it turned out I wasn't even fully ovulating - I was getting the surge and nothing beyond that.

Again, that's my case, but for me the temping was just too much stress and also just ineffective.

Absolutely step away, relax, and GET KNOCKED UP!
    wMgFm5.png
  • Options
    LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know when I was TTC last month and I was tempting it was stressful because I would analayze every day.

I think we should have the thermometer burning party it would be so amazing.
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png
  • Options
    WEhopeWEhope Posts: 42
    edited November -1
    Good call. Was thinking about the same thing and you just pushed me over to the no-more-temping side! (although, I will temp until my post-O rise, just to make sure it happens).
    FEW.jpg
    With our angel, lost 10/15/09, but always with us
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    I will admit, I am a temper... but I am also a "hit snooze once" kinda gal, so I temp in there, and I DO have pretty ocnsistant charts. If mine were all wonky all the time, I would overanalyze and stress about it too, in which case that is NOT a good thing to do.

I think your timing this cycle sounds great, and wish you tons of luck!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yep, thermometer burning party! You gals are the best!
    Amanda and Chandra
    DSCF7259-1.jpg