Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Everything is lining up!

ttc.jujubeettc.jujubee Posts: 340 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Aside from my crazy busy day at work today, everything is lining up! D and I are getting excited!

- darkening line on the OPKs, I bet I get a smiley in the next 12 hours or so
- good temps, wet CM, but not quite EWCM
- the troops have arrived, been verified, and are standing at ease in our bedroom
- syringes, catheter and preseed have been purchased
- speculum technique has been practiced, in case we decide to do an iui
- ovulation acupuncture treatment scheduled for tomorrow afternoon ( I have been going for a few months)

We had 4 vials delivered (3 ici and 1 iui), with the thought we would be returning one to NW for the next attempt, depending on whether or not we felt we could do the iui at home. Or if we wanted to head into our naturopath's office, who is somewhat "on-call" whenever we need her, but she is expensive and not covered by my insurance.

DP and I are planning for 2 icis at 12 and 24 after +OPK. Then either a third ici at 30 (?) hours or an iui at 36.

It appears that I ovulate a little later after the +OPK, in the 24-48 hour range. However, about 4 months ago I ovulated within the same 24 hours: first positive OPK in the late morning, temp spike the next morning. Hence the 12 hour ici attempt, just in case.

We are struggling with the third attempt timing. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated! Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    muripherousmuripherous Posts: 264
    edited November -1
    I just wanted to say good luck! The timing can definitely be maddening, that's for sure. I was never sure exactly when I ovulated because I didn't temp (I'm a restless sleeper and my work schedule makes getting up at the exact time ever day almost impossible). However, I did try temping (on a purely experimental basis) this past cycle and it really did seem to work for me.

In my first two tries, I think I did my ICI's too soon. On my last attempt, I actually started using a speculum. I do believe that having the ability to actually see my cervix was critical. I did three vials this time and the timing of the last one felt really "late," compared to what I've done in the past. But, my cervix was staying open so, I waited.

I got my first positive OPK on Sunday at 4:30 p.m. I did my first AI at 11:30 a.m. (19 hours past OPK) on Monday, the second one at 1:30 a.m. (33 hours past OPK) on Tuesday morning, and the third one at 2:30 a.m. (58 hours past OPK) on Wednesday morning.
    Based on my temping (and information garnered from Fertility Friend), all signs indicated that I ovulated sometime on Thursday. That's more than 3.5 days after my first positive OPK.
    Weird, I know. I never would have waited that long to do my final insemination if I hadn't been able to use the speculum to check my cervix a few times a day. When I did the last insemination, my cervix was still wet and about half-way open.

Everyone's body is different. Good luck!!!
    kR99m5.png
    6monthcollage.jpg
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    I think your timing plan sounds fantastic...and if you do the third vial, I'd time at around 36hrs past +OPK. With the 12/24/36 plan you are covering a HUGE timing window.
    Good luck! :-)
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    ttc.jujubeettc.jujubee Posts: 340 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and experiences. This is only my second full cycle since my laparoscopy and chromotubation. I'm still cautiously optimistic that all of my parts are functioning correctly.

mommylove- would you suggest 36 hour timing, regardless of ici or iui?

Thanks again.
  • Options
    chandraandamandachandraandamanda Posts: 676
    edited November -1
    Your timing sounds really good. good luck!
    theowlandtheoctopusblog.blogspot.com
    Amanda and Chandra
    DSCF7259-1.jpg