Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

10 DPO... & Terrified of Using the Ladies Room!

stwrrstwrr Posts: 455 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Who else has been 10 DPO and terrified of going to the bathroom lest AF show?

I have a short LP too, and yesterday was the day my period was 'due' looking at the last year's average... or today. It was 25.6 days on average, and today is day 26. Every time I go to the rest room I wonder.... then when all is clear, I'm like.. phew! Still in the game!

From what I understand, most women have a longer LP, and aren't expecting AF until day 13-16.... last month, I didn't even get to POAS - I got my period on day 9. So no testing for me last month... this month I at least want to try!

Is tonight too soon, or should we just wait until tomorrow morning?

~ Sandy
407251321.jpg

Comments

• Options
    jenandlorijenandlori Posts: 584
    edited November -1
    Test. I want more good news!
    Baby Dallas born 11/27/13

IMG_9532_zpsff82306d.jpg
  • Options
    stwrrstwrr Posts: 455 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Giggle. Actually.. I was the worst one, "pee-er pressuring" Goobie!

The problem is that my sweetums, Jane, is at work/school today, from 4am to 5pm. And I have a meeting with some new clients from about 4:30-7:30.... so we didn't want to test this morning after Jane left, in case it was positive. I can't sit on that kind of news ALL day without telling her, and there's no way she could have come home. And we didn't want to test before she left, in case it was positive, and she'd still have to leave. And if it was negative, that wouldn't really tell us anything yet...

Oye, the complexities! Is it possible to test at night, and still get results? Like... if I hold it in from the start of my 4:30 meeting until I get home?

And it's kind of nice, despite the terror of using the restroom, of thinking that I could be pregnant, right this very moment! A positive is confirmation (WAY COOL), but a negative really isn't anything yet until AF shows. Ohhh the psychological torment of TTC!

~ Sandy
    407251321.jpg
  • Options
    muripherousmuripherous Posts: 264
    edited November -1
    Ha! I was just thinking about you. I say wait for the morning when you and Jane can both be there.
    Your urine will be much more potent after a night of sleep, thus making the test work better.
    Or...you could make yourself crazy by holding it all afternoon/evening, peeing in a cup, driving it home...which would make you a lunatic, like me!
    See, I'm no help!
    Good luck in whatever you decide...and keep up posted!
    ~Lisa
    kR99m5.png
    6monthcollage.jpg
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    I did that!!!
    I refused to test until I was late, so the morning that AF was due I laid in bed NOT wanting to get up and feel the gush of AF. Instead, I laid there with just a sliver of hope for a few minutes, then braved the world and got out of bed. No gush. : )
    Then, did the same thing the next day. No gush. : )
    Finally tested the next day when I realized that my temps were truly tri-phasic and that I was 2 days late :)

Hope it works out for you as well as it did for me!!
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    I say if you can hold out for the morning...it's so much sweeter when DP is right there with you waiting for that BFP with anticipation! :-)
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    I was terrified but obsessed with going to the bathroom. I had a short LP too and was due for AF on 9DPO...also had the faintest of faint positive HPTs that evening (so faint, I thought it was an evap line cuz it was a new brand that I hadn't used before). 10DPO....had three faint BFP's with three different brands. Can't wait to hear the results this evening!
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    wylinzwylinz Posts: 358
    edited November -1
    Uggghh. I hate going to the bathroom around the time AF is due. However, I'm way more terrified to test than to see AF. AF I can deal with, but that BFP on a HPT makes me cry every time. I'm saying hold out a few more days. But if you do decide to test, good luck!
    282014_531207640238873_1174511491_n.jpg
    TTC #5 IUI at RE 11/4, medicated cycle. Yay!!!!!! It's a BFP!!!!!
    Baby Hunter born in July 2012