Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Clomid and timing question ????

citta94citta94 Posts: 13
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hi Ladies

Weve been around for a while but only posted a few times....My Doc put me on clomid 50mg for 5 days..cycle 5-9 and after that prometrium 100mg 1-2 days after ov he told me to start testing with opk 3 days after you stop last pill and you should ov 5-10 days after...Im kinda confused when to get the spermies delivered cuz We dont want to miss and when really should we insem ? Any info on this would be appreaciated ?? :}

Comments

• Options
    BabyBugsArrivalBabyBugsArrival Posts: 523
    edited March 2011
    Hi...welcome to ttc!

I was worried my first month on meds that I might O earlier than I expected. Sure enough, I got my positive opk on cd 15 and ovulated around cd 17. In months before, I wasnt ovulating until cd 20-22. I think it depends on whether you've always been pretty regular and O'd on time. If that's the case, and you're just taking clomid for stronger O, then I'd say to expect it around same time as normal. I get my opk every month of the 7th day after my last dose.

As for the opks, I suggest starting 3 days after your last dose and starting with the little strips. You should see them get slightly darker as you get closer to O. As for me, they are stark white until a day or so before positive. Once I start seeing a bit of color, I start using the smiley digital ones to be safe. I test several times a day, starting at around 10am and keep testing until bedtime. I've gotten my smiley twice in the morning around 11-12 and then one time I got my smiley at 7pm. Go figure? (:

With the sperm, I'd play it safe and have it arrive a few days before you're expecting to O. Probably standard answer around here will be doing insems anywhere from 12 to 36 hours after you get your positive opk, spacing it 12 hours or so apart if you have more than one vial.

Also, with the prometrium, it's important to make sure you've actually ovulated BEFORE you start taking it. It can keep you from ovulating if you start taking it too soon. If you have a basal body temp and have tracked your temps, I'd DEF wait until you see a temp rise to start taking the prometrium. I waited until 4 days after positive opk to start mine.

Good luck - hope that helps. And keep in mind, it's just been the case with me - everyone is different! (*sorry I know that doesn't help at all*) Sticky baby dust to you!!!
    mommaandme-1.jpg
  • Options
    citta94citta94 Posts: 13
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info...this is baby #2 we are trying for.Im low on progesterrone so the doc want to supplement it.Ill watch it with the prometrium and make sure I ovulate. I was on the fertil aid and fertil cm for 6months I saw that I had ov on cd14-15 but I was starting to get sick with the fertil aid and when I stopped the meds the period got erratic..My Doc doesnt believe in natural pills so he prescribed clomid and prometeium for a few cycles with blood tests to really see what happens ? Hopefully We get a BFP on first try..I read on other boards about the diffrence taking it 3-7 and 5-9.that the 5-9 there is better quality eggs maybe only 1-2 and 3-7 more eggs and not mature enough?Did you hear anything about that ?before I had my daughter about 5-6 yrs ago I was on follistim and ovidrel it was a bfn 3 times we tried it and We quit ttcing for a while cuz we were in process of moving and then his Mom got sick and he had to fly over and We were all messed up for a few yrs.then the doc wanted to do a clear cycle without anything but ovidrel and sure enough a bfp on first try after 3yrs..That was the best time..