Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Pineapple?

wylinzwylinz Posts: 358
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
When should I start eating it and when should I stop? I'm getting ready to O tomorrow or the next day and I've already eaten it for 3 days. Should I eat it everyday, should I not? Just thought I'd get some advice. Thanks!
282014_531207640238873_1174511491_n.jpg
TTC #5 IUI at RE 11/4, medicated cycle. Yay!!!!!! It's a BFP!!!!!
Baby Hunter born in July 2012

Comments

• Options
    muripherousmuripherous Posts: 264
    edited November -1
    What I read (and I apologize, because I don't think I bookmarked the link), you should divide the pineappple into five portions (including the core) and eat one portion per day, beginning on the day that you ovulate. Good luck!
    kR99m5.png
    6monthcollage.jpg
  • Options
    aghhgghaghhggh Posts: 60
    edited November -1
    I have heard that you shouldn't start eating it until after you've ovulated, because the acidity might make your CM less sperm friendly. But yes, what muripherous said - eat the pineapple over 5 days starting from ovulation.
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    If I recall correctly, I ate it (fresh, with the core) 3DPO - 6DPO.
    That said, I dont' think it will hurt anything to start early. The acidity shouldn't be too much of a problem considering how many of us drink grapefruit juice (lots of acidity!) for increased CM ; )

Good luck!!
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    BabyBugsArrivalBabyBugsArrival Posts: 523
    edited November -1
    Well, if I were you, I'd put a note warning people in the house not to eat your stinkin pineapple. lol Just kidding, but seriously that happened to me. I came home from work the day after I sliced it all up and my dp ate most of my core pieces. I said "omg, didn't you realize that the pieces you were eating tasted more like twigs than pineapple?" Haha so I recommend separating the core pieces from the softer pieces (; And luckily Walmart had them on sale so I just got another one.
    mommaandme-1.jpg
  • Options
    emn'saremn'sar Posts: 393
    edited November -1
    the research i did said to start eating 1/5 of the pineapple (including the core) on 3 dpo and continue for 5 days.

warning!!! eating it gave me uterine cramps/contractions which can actually INHIBIT implantation. this doesn't happen with everyone but it happened to me. makes sense bc people use it to induce labor contractions sometimes! the only month i did not eat it was the month i got my bfp! go figure...

good luck!
    IMG_3390_zpse5e180d0.jpg
    IMG_2211_zps372f01d9.jpg
    Avery 2.5 years and Julian 4.5 months
  • Options
    RW17RW17 Posts: 197
    edited November -1
    I did 1/5 including core per day for 5 days after ovulation...that was the month we got the BFP!
  • Options
    WEhopeWEhope Posts: 42
    edited November -1
    I actually read (sorry I don't remember where...maybe Lesbian's guide to conception and pregnancy?) that something in pineapple actually helps you make more EWCM. Even though that would be more helpful for ICIs than IUIs, I have started eating it around day 4 of my cycle and it really does increase the amount of EWCM! Hopefully it hasn't been the reason we've been unsuccessful as yet!
    FEW.jpg
    With our angel, lost 10/15/09, but always with us
  • Options
    A&BbabyboundA&Bbabybound Posts: 193
    edited November -1
    I have heard that you should eat it 3DPO-7DPO but who knows really what actual days. I am 4DPO and started eating it today, a day late but figured it can't hurt. Although my tongue is torn up now. Booooo! But it's worth it if I can get a BFP!
    Me (38) TTC
    Wife of 6 years to Becky
    Oct 2011 BFN
    May 2012 BFN
    July 2012 BF?
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    What I read is to divide the core into five pieces and eat one per day for five days following O. I also read not to eat much of the flesh because that is the part that can cause uterine cramping.

I started my core at 2 days past O because it took a while to get my hands on a pineapple.
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Alright, so one of those pineapple cores that they sell in the plastic tub at the grocery store? Then split that into 5 pieces starting 3DPO is that right?

Or are you guys literally buying a fresh/whole pineapple and peeling it and cutting it into pieces?
    wMgFm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    DW bought a whole pineapple, cut it down for me! She's the best :-)
    Me (38) TTC
    Wife of 6 years to Becky
    Oct 2011 BFN
    May 2012 BFN
    July 2012 BF?
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited March 2011
    Rachel, the ones that are sold in the plastic containers in the deli department will have the core removed, which is what you should be eating. The core is only the small round "donut hole" part that is missing out of the middle when you buy pineapple rings in a can or one of those pineapples ready to slice/eat from the deli. You will have to purchase an actual whole pineapple from the deli department BUT, if you purchase one at Walmart, they have a free pineapple cutting service. Just take it to the produce person on duty and ask them to cut it for you. The cutter will actually cut out the core, but just ask them to keep the core for you also instead of discarding it. That way, if you ONLY want to eat the core, you will have the option also, and you won't have to go to the work of cutting it! Remember to smell the bottom end of the pineapple before purchasing ;-) it should smell sweet and ripe! LOL! But seriously, unripe pineapple is very bad for you!

Now, if you don't have the cutting service or don't want to mess around with that, in case you've never cut a pineapple before and find the task daunting, here are a few simple tips for easy pineapple dissection! :-)

1. Use a large bladed, sharp knife.
    2. Lay the pineapple on it's side and cut off the top and bottom of the pineapple. This gives it a sturdy bottom to stand on.
    3. Stand up the pineapple and cut the outer layer off in 2ish in. wide strips from top to bottom, much like you cut corn off the cob. (cut just deep enough to cut away all the eyes of the pineapple)
    4. Once all outer layer is gone, leave standing and cut in 4 lengthwise, then cut each length into bite size pieces.
    5. If you wanted the core gone, after cutting into 4 lengthwise, you would then cut about an inch off the middle edge of each piece before cutting into smaller bite size pieces.

Happy pineapple eating everyone!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Thank you thank you!

Guess I'll be adding eating a pineapple to my list of things to do! =)

And excellent to know about a free pineapple cutting service!
    wMgFm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Stupid Question-Does it matter what time of the day you eat the pineapple?
    I ate some last night but it took me a little while to eat it. I am also drinking red wine and the two do not go well. Eek!
    Today I brought the pineapple with me and have been munching on it all day.
    Just wondered if it mattered when I ate it.
    Me (38) TTC
    Wife of 6 years to Becky
    Oct 2011 BFN
    May 2012 BFN
    July 2012 BF?
    My Ovulation Chart