Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

CD1 & Femara Gals!

edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
So AF showed today!

In for a baseline U/S on Friday - doc is talking Femara and Bravelle - our successful pregnancy we used Clomid and Bravelle.

She said that she sees more success with people with PCOS using Femara instead of Clomid.

I've looked through some of the old posts on here about Femara - and they pertain to lining issues and Femara having less side effects as far as being cranky vs the Clomid.

Does Femara cost a lot more? I remember seeing something about a coupon also, I'll try and find that.

Thanks so much girls!
wMgFm5.png

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    OK so I found the coupon - it says "if you're eligible" have people been able to use this?
    wMgFm5.png
  • Options
    TrishlettesTrishlettes Posts: 674
    edited November -1
    I used it. SUPER EASY. Pharmacy just took it. All I paid was 10 bucks.
    54W9ZxL.jpg54W9m5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good to know!! Thanks Trish!
    wMgFm5.png
  • Options
    BabyBugsArrivalBabyBugsArrival Posts: 523
    edited November -1
    Yep, I used it, too. They make it look a little complicated with all their numbers and stuff on the card....but they just called to verify and it was quick and easy, $10! And I didn't really notice any side effects. The first month, I had a few little light headedness episodes but they were very shortlived and only happened that first cycle. Good luck and I hope this works for you!!
    mommaandme-1.jpg
  • Options
    minnie0672minnie0672 Posts: 1,264
    edited November -1
    I'm actually doing Femera this month for the first time. My doctor mentioned the same thing with PCOS and Femera and the lining issues. He wasn't thrilled with my lining last month on Clomid and I ended with a BFN. I'm on day 2 of my Femera...definitely not my best moments on meds I must say. I was fine last month on Clomid but I feel more witchy with a b this month.

Keep me posted on how you feel! Also...where did you get the coupon? I'd love to use it for next month because while my insurance covered part of it the med is sure expensive!
    6 IUI's resulting in BFN. 7th IUI was the fun one with pregnant...then not...then ectopic at 7 weeks...IVF #1 - miscarriage...IVF #2 miscarriage 5w6d...IVF #3 cancelled due to not growing embryos and pneumonia...IVF# 4 same old story...BFP then miscarriage...this is getting old...onto possibly Donor Egg or Donor Embryo
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    I took Femara CD5-9 on this BFP cycle after the last one ended in miscarriage.
    Femara is used by many docs as it has shown almost no side-effects (unlike Clomid) for most people and it does not weaken your lining like Clomid can. I had no side effects at all and obviously...it worked! :-)
    My insurance covered it so I barely paid anything...so not sure I can help with the cost questions.

Good luck!
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'll go and try and find the coupon - I found it by searching for Femara on the boards -

I know that Clomid makes me a bit liek a lunatic - RE never thought I responded too well to Clomid that it's on the injectibles that things took off. Last two cycles they did follistim alone but I didn't respond well there - so fingers crossed this will work!

Here's the coupon card link: http://www.femara.com/index.jsp ~ Thank you to NikkiDana for sharing this!!!

ND- how are you doing??
    wMgFm5.png