Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Pictures of Dewer, NW Instructions and Supplies

13»

Comments

• Options
    sarah_capshawsarah_capshaw Posts: 7
    edited November -1
    We received ours Yesterday. So excited. We tried 4 times with a KD with my Fiance and now we are trying AD with me. The box now says NWC. I am sure my apartment office staff has inquiring minds! Now we wait for a Positive OPK. Hopefully it happens soon.

Sarah and Jessie
  • Options
    niyasmom2niyasmom2 Posts: 5
    edited November -1
    cant wait till i get my tank and my little swimmers. till then im waiting patiently.
  • Options
    styler7071styler7071 Posts: 4
    edited November -1
    Does anyone know how long the sperm will last in the shipper?
  • Options
    Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    NW will only guarantee one week; however, we were told it would "probably" be good for a total of 14 days (that "probably" wasn't sufficient for us, so we did not take the risk).
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you for your help. Congratulations on ur litttle one. :)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    When do I call and place my order?
  • Options
    MelandTara01MelandTara01 Posts: 557
    edited November -1
    Hello I'm new to this. I would like it if someone could tell me if there is a link or something that explains what all the abriviations are?
    TTC #1 10/2012 -- BFN
    TTC #2 11/2012 -- BFP!!! :)
    0ia8m5.png
  • Options
    aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    Hey Mel and Tara,

There's a topic with all the abbrevations and you can find it here:
    http://iamtryingtoconceive.com/topic/23902/forum-abbreviations
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • Options
    ezap44ezap44 Posts: 11
    edited November -1
    This may sound like a silly question but I'm gonna throw it out there anyways! So we will be receiving our swimmers today! We plan on using the vial when we get the smiley obviously...that may be today or tomorrow. Now should I keep the dewer in the refrigerator until then? I live in AZ and it seems crazy to me to leave it out in the house when it's this hot! Any help would be great! THANKS!
  • Options
    stwrrstwrr Posts: 455 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hiya!

Well... I haven't received a tank in two years, but they probably haven't changed that much. They're huge. Like 1 foot across and deep, and 2-2.5' high. You couldn't fit one in a fridge if you tried. And it's not necessary. :) I don't know the science behind it, but those suckers stay cold for at least 7 days. Closer to 14 really, but Northwest won't guarentee them past the 7 day mark. :)

Good luck! And.. you said that you plan to use the vial when you get your smiley.. you mean a little after, right? The smiley is indicative of your LH surge, which is before you ovulate.. you probably already know all that, but just in case you didn't... the younger you are, the further from your LH surge you ovulate (up to 48 hours or so), and the older you are, the closer to your LH surge. When I was 27, I insemed at around 19 and 32 hours. I'm just a few years older now, and I'm going to try for 12-24 this time (based on other signs telling me I'm ovulating closer to Zero Hour (aka positive smiley and LH surge). Good luck, and happy baby dust!

~ Sandy
    407251321.jpg
  • Options
    dustysmomsbdustysmomsb Posts: 185
    edited November -1
    That you for this post! It really helped ease the nervousness of the first time.
    Me (29) SMBC to beautiful boy (4) and TTC #2.
  • Options
    aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    Since the box has been updated and no longer includes the name "NW Andrology," here's a newer picture . . .
    c9d2dd17-a93c-47dc-af2c-4c5f8b90dd33_zpsd867598a.jpg
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • Options
    nstantshimmrnstantshimmr Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    This is an awesome post! Hubs and I just bought our sperm and I was anxious to know what the box looked like and how the dewar is packed in it... This helps take away a lot of my stress in figuring it all out. I am thankful for you taking the time to post as many step-by-step pictures as possible to ease the nerves of those like me - doing their first at-home insem and nervous about handling the situation ourselves. :D
  • Options
    RandomJellyRandomJelly Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Would it be possible to get a digital image of the instructions? I hope I didn't miss a link in here for it. Sorry, I am overwhelmed!!! :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o
  • Options
    sunshinemesunshineme Posts: 74
    edited November -1
    Hello, How long can the iui sperm survive once outside of the dewer.
    Mommy to a 5yr old daughter

I've had 13 miscarriages and 1 ectopic
    My daughter was number 15 miracle
  • Options
    ljimpey86ljimpey86 Posts: 387
    edited November -1
    This is awesome. I'm glad that this was posted as I was so curious to know what everything looked like!
    Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
    Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz
  • Options
    handsomecowboohandsomecowboo Posts: 284
    edited November -1
    I just wanted to make a quick update to this post. I was concerned about the box saying the NWCryoBank name or something similar. Just so you know everything is pretty much the same except they so the catheter anymore and the box has no identification of what could be inside. The return address is as close as it gets to identification.
  • Options
    anapeterson227anapeterson227 Posts: 9
    edited November -1
    great info!! thank you!! :}
    30 y/o...no kids yet..happily married to my wife!
    1 ICI Dec 2015 = BFN 1 iui Jan 2016 = BFN
  • Options
    New-mama?New-mama? Posts: 593
    edited November -1
    Mine came a day earlier than expected and with lots of tape on the top, not sure why the box looks really sturdy. But no instructions. Does anyone have a set the could send me. Feel free to email.
    TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
    pregnant-1494046800z5z1495083600z1.png
    tt1d86de
  • Options
    FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited December 2015
    You'll get better info from the posts her than the instructions that come with the dewar.
    The instructions aren't that detailed. Didn't they include a white envelope with your donor's testing info?
    That's where the instructions are, I think.
    Call NW for emailed instructions, I'm sure they'll have a digital copy ready.
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
  • Options
    NancyGNancyG Posts: 5
    edited November -1
    thank you so much for posting this! how does the catheter work for ICI? and the needle - was that part of what you purchased separately?
  • Options
    stateoflaurastateoflaura Posts: 18
    edited November -1
    Thank you for posting this!! We are so hoping to order this week! Have a great Holiday weekend coming up, everyone!
  • Options
    tealbowtealbow Posts: 43
    edited November -1
    Hello. Im new. I just ordered ICI vials to do at home insemination. At check out it asked if I wanted syringes and I got 2. But does it come with the other items shown in this picture or do I have to go buy a softcup?
    Thanks!
    At home ICI Dec 2017 - BFN
    At home ICI January 2018 - BFP at 10dpo
    Baby girl born September 2018
  • Options
    2HopefulMommies2HopefulMommies Posts: 172
    edited February 2018
    IMG_0740.jpg
    Nothing says anything about NW Cryobank on the box anymore. The return label only says "NWC".
  • Options
    edited November -1
    IMG_0745.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    IMG_0772.jpg

Size comparison. The vials are roughly the size of a AAA battery. I would imagine they are all the same size, but this is an ICI vial.
  • Options
    KatKat Posts: 40
    edited November -1
    Does NW still send a syringe, catheter, and instead cup for each IUI vial? And what do they send with ICI vials?
  • Options
    monkeemama17monkeemama17 Posts: 10
    edited November -1
    I just ordered my first two vials for ICI and I was wondering how easy it is to open to dewar when it arrives. I am not seeing how it opens. Is it just a twist top or something else?
  • Options
    Landis90Landis90 Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where can I get a syringe at? I just opened my box and it didnt come with it and I am planning to inseminate tonight. Is there somehwere I can go pick one up??