Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

So... I have news...

stwrrstwrr Posts: 455 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
For all you "Pee-er Pressurers" out there.. me being a bad one myself....

I held it in last night for over three hours, then had to make a split section decision... to save the pee in a cup.. or not to save...

So I saved.

Then went outside to where Jane was chatting on the phone with her folks, and asked her if I should test. She nodded enthusiastically, and mouthed "go for it!" to me.

So I went in, and opened up a dollar store test (New Choice). Dropped in the five drops... and went and did a crossword. Jane came in about 5 minutes after I tested, to find me on the bed with a crossword... and she's like... "Well? WELL???". Hehe.

So we went to look together.

And it was stark white. I mean, absolutely stark white. Blank. Clear. A little yellow, but that could have been our lights..

Oh well. It was only day 10, right? And cycle day 26, when I usually get my period on Day 25.66 (I did stats!).

So I thought for practice, I'd open up the case with a nail file, like I've seen gals here do. Someone suggested you could see the line, or lack thereof, better if the case was open. So I pried it open. And stared at it.

Nope, still white.

So we started brushing our teeth and such, getting ready for bed a little early. I mean, we were already in the bathroom, so why not? Except for the glass cup of pee staring at me from the counter top, hehe.

Jane picked up the case just to have a last look, and kinda squinted at it a little. It suddenly really hit home, what you gals mean when you call a test a squinter. We turned on alllll the bathroom lights, and squinted at it together. And maybe, possibly, it could be our imagination... but maybe there was a line. Maybe. See for yourself:

395500752.jpg

We couldn't tell. The picture looks exactly like what we saw - pretty much nothing. But there COULD have been something.. maybe... And it was after 10 minutes, and the instructions say not to read it after 10 minutes...

So Jane was like... take one of the Clearblue digital tests. I was like... "Why? They were $4.60 each! That would just be a waste." And she's like.... "Come on, there COULD have been a line! Just try it."

So I whipped out the packages I bought last month and never got to use.. (here's to expecting your period on DPO day 9 - you rarely get a chance to test before your actual period just hits). I'd never used one before, as noted, so I opened it up, and dipped it in the cup for 10 seconds. Then Jane read that it should be 20... so back in it went! Oops...

So we set it on the counter and I pondered going back to my crossword.. but Jane wanted to read all the instructions.

We mocked the section in the instructions about "What do I do if it says Pregnant?". I mean, the instructions for not pregnant make sense, but instructions for Pregnant??

Then we looked at the test. And saw this:

395500437.jpg

And went into shock. I believe I said "OH MY GOD" in a squeaky voice. Jane said "GaagleAckBlinkWow" and backed up three feet. And I immediately stopped mocking the "What do I do if it says Pregnant" instructions... and went and read them again! hehe!! It said go see a doctor, but I think it's there to help you handle the shock!

Jane went into denial shock for a few minutes, like... what's the percentage of false positives?? But I know from the forums that it's REALLY low to get a false positive. Much easier to get a 'too soon' early negative. But..... we figured it didn't count until we did it again in the morning, just in case we screwed it up by redipping or something.

So this morning... first thing... I got this:

395500439.jpg

It's still there!!!!

And I did another cheap dollar store test... and discovered something interesting. The first test from yesterday is now slightly darker, while the new test is just as white, with a tiny possibility of MAYBE a line... it's like it needed to "sit" overnight for the line to become slightly more visible. Just something for you to keep in mind when you POAS, you know?

Here's a picture of both cheapie tests:

395500438.jpg

You can pretty much see the possible line on the top one (older), but nothing on the bottom one. I took that picture about 20 minutes after taking the test this morning.

But... OH MY GOD!

Faint.

It worked.

On try 2. I was reading the concurrent posts about people who have been at this for awhile, and "survivor's guilt" for the early BFP people... and yes, I feel it too. It seems unfair, almost, to you ladies. I was going to be really upset if I got a BFP and Goobie didn't, but she did too! Which just tickles us, since she's such an awesome supporter here on the forums.

But... it happened. On try 2. You know what that means? Our running streak of BFPs is still going - there are still PLENTY of them to go around, and you are going to get yours any moment now! And it's going to be a shock, and awesome.. and... wow.

Jane and I just keep making little googly eyes at each other. And jokes about how she knocked me up.

But now what do we do? I mean... all the weird little things I'm thinking about..

This means I won't get my period for awhile. All those extra pads we bought when they were on sale...
How am I going to tell my dad?
When do I call the attorney back who wants us to be a trial case for second parent adoption?
Do I call a doctor and make an appointment to make sure, or wait?
When do I tell people at work? WAY not yet.. but...
When do I tell my best friend? My employees? I'll tell my employees tonight - we're having an office pizza party/work session with just the three of us main gals at 6pm.
I need to drink more water.
Can I still exercise? Is it safe to go to the gun range in three weeks? I have a girl's night out planned there... but.. all that percussion?? Is it safe?
This leaves us with 11 vials of our donor. We can have siblings!!! Maybe, but wow, maybe! That's a lot of vials for future tries.

That's my brain.

Now I have to go to a scary meeting at work in like a half hour, and I can't concentrate at all!

Wow.

~ Sandy
407251321.jpg

Comments

• Options
    cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited November -1
    Congrats. So exciting. Happy and healthy 9 months.
  • Options
    indigoscotindigoscot Posts: 246
    edited November -1
    wow, congratulations!!!! :) as someone who's been lucky to get pregnant on try #2 and then try #3 (dp) i have some of that guilt too (especially as we're about to try for baby #3)....but someone has to be that lucky one. :)

are you planning on getting any betas done? or having your progesterone checked?

g
    nirim4.png
    onmFm5.png
    tMYCm5.png
  • Options
    alp75alp75 Posts: 340
    edited November -1
    that's awesome! woohoo! congrats to you....
    angela1_16393.gif
  • Options
    BabyBugsArrivalBabyBugsArrival Posts: 523
    edited November -1
    OMG That's awesome! Congrats to you. And that is crazy...thank you so much for sharing the pictures...bc if it were me, I'd have looked at those lined tests and bawled myself to sleep. It's good to know that you shouldn't give up hope because you just never know whether that stark white is REALLY stark white. Wonderful news...happy and healthy 9 months!
    mommaandme-1.jpg
  • Options
    muripherousmuripherous Posts: 264
    edited November -1
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!! I couldn't be any happier for the two of you!

P.S. Girls Night at the Gun Range??? Love it!!!
    kR99m5.png
    6monthcollage.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Maybe this sounds kinda stupid... but I've spent all my focus and energy just getting pregnant... I have no idea what tests we're supposed to do now. I remember that betas are the numbers that double every few days for the first while, right? Progesterone... um.... I got nothing. Should I go see a doctor? Just Tuesday I got a few recommendations for local OBGYNS... we could go see one of 'em, but... what are they checking for? Will it help everything "stick"?

~ Sandy
    407251321.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Lisa... doesn't everyone have girls night out at the gun range? ;)

One has to stay on ones game you know! Particular with a family to protect! hehe

~ Sandy
    407251321.jpg
  • Options
    Sassy2uSassy2u Posts: 236
    edited November -1
    Wow Congratulations. I am so happy for you. Happy and healthy 9 months to you.
  • Options
    mausandlodiemausandlodie Posts: 312 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations!
    fb07f31c-23cd-4846-9060-8d5113d22bdb_zpsejjbeelw.jpg
    4d79eb04-373b-476e-96e2-4b5387a0f1e1_zpsoeetv1ez.jpg
  • Options
    babymakes3babymakes3 Posts: 433 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    yeah girls yeah
    connonandray.jpg
  • Options
    SPJ&ESPJ&E Posts: 874 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations!
    Mom to P (13), J (11), E (6), and Q (born December 2017)
  • Options
    aghhgghaghhggh Posts: 60
    edited November -1
    How wonderful! I'm so happy for you two. Haha, how cute about the Pregnant instructions. :)

I'm also jealous of your short LP -- mine's 14-15 days, and I've just about driven myself insane by the end of it, lol.
  • Options
    PtownMomsPtownMoms Posts: 768
    edited November -1
    Congrats!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!
    Carrie & Monica

sig_zps0be86692-1_zpse4fe5311.jpg
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited March 2011
    Congratulations! I totally understand the "survivors guilt" thing too... it took us 5 cycles which felt really long to us, but I know it s nothing compared to what some people have to do. I am so happy for you!

I got my BFP on Monday afternoon, emailled my midwife that night, and if I don't hear from her by this afternoon about when i should go see her, I will make a Dr's appointment just to have it on record and see if they think I should come in for blood work and all that. I agree to call your OB or dr and just tell them you got a +hpt and see what they say... with both my previous pregnancies I did not have an actual dr's appt till between weeks 8-12. Not sure I can wait so long this time.

Congrats again... we'll be pg buddies!!

ETA - Have fun peeing for the next bit... I POAS on a digi again this morning just to see the lvoely line, though I am thinking my rolly belly tells me more then any test can!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    nervouswrecknervouswreck Posts: 379
    edited March 2011
    Congrats! The digital is so cool isn't it ? Oh you had a girls night at the gun range ? Thats what we call church LOL
  • Options
    chandraandamandachandraandamanda Posts: 676
    edited November -1
    congratulations!
    theowlandtheoctopusblog.blogspot.com
    Amanda and Chandra
    DSCF7259-1.jpg
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    Loved your post...reminds me of our BFP...all the excitement! :-)
    CONGRATS ladies...now the real fun begins!
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    ncteacherncteacher Posts: 178
    edited November -1
    AAAHHHH!!! Congrats!!!! And I LOVE getting the whole story...can't wait to experience that joy! (And enough with the guilt...we are all here to support each other for however long the journey may be, right?)
  • Options
    Autumn&RyanAutumn&Ryan Posts: 157
    edited November -1
    CONGRATS!!!
  • Options
    nellisonnellison Posts: 102
    edited November -1
    CONGRATS!!!!
    dads-2.jpg
    Nicki (me), Kristina (wife), and Lilah
    ttddb0b.aspx
  • Options
    jenandlorijenandlori Posts: 584
    edited November -1
    Congrats! I am really excited for you two. A little jealous but excited. Here is to a happy healthy nine months
    Baby Dallas born 11/27/13

IMG_9532_zpsff82306d.jpg
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! How exciting!! And thank you for sharing the entire story - it makes it so much more interesting and we all wonder about all those little details and hardly anyone posts them! It's kinda like we got to live it through you for a few moments! :-) Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months!! Still gets me how incredibly 'squinty" that line was and you took the leap and got that beautiful 'pregnant'!! Way to GO!!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    Sooo cool!!
    Congrats, and KEEP YOUR PADS!! You will NEED them post-partum ; )
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    2moms2be2moms2be Posts: 226
    edited November -1
    Congrats! so happy for you :)
    Try#1 BFN Try#2 BFN Try#3 BFN Try#4 BFN Try#5 BFN Try#6 BFN Try#7 (after 8 months off) BFP!!! We are MOMS!
    475374_4381287044509_1614899970_o.jpg
    ojalm5.png
  • Options
    glinder82glinder82 Posts: 120
    edited November -1
    YAY Another BFP!! Congratulations! March is off to a good start!
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    A big congrats! I sure do remember the "squinter"! Great story!
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    smartycat92smartycat92 Posts: 564
    edited November -1
    Congrats!!! Your story made me tear up... it was so much like our story... neg on the cheapie test then maybe a squinter 30min later... then testing with a more sensitive test and getting our BFP!!

Happy and healthy 9mos to you!!
    . 0vthk9cno.png
    20137aff-9c20-4097-91b7-ac919c10954f_zpsd88d3a6c.jpg
    o4bd1nxgy.png
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    Congratts! I'm so happy for you. Your post made me cry (in a happy way). I'm not usually like that but this journey is such a roller coaster and I feel so emotionally sensitive. I wish I could blame it on hormones but not likely at this point.

Enjoy this wonderful time!
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    gypsy68gypsy68 Posts: 116
    edited November -1
    Congratulations!!!
    24uzrkg.jpg
    nbpszr.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oh wow!!! Congratulations!!!! So that's 9 for February!!!!

And totally agree with Shelly - KEEP the pads!!!!! I guess I never really realized that part about post partum! LOL
    wMgFm5.png