Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

1st vial probably didnt work...

babyluvbabyluv Posts: 353
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Okay I insemmed this morning, I've already counted myself out this cycle because I never got a positive opk, I went by my other signs so if this cycle doesn't work I'm totally cool with that . You ladies with partners are so lucky I felt like a chicken with my head cut off how I was running around trying to get everything together and do everything in order. Okay I should have listened to those of you who said a little preseed goes a long way, I didn't listen and I was a soupy mess dwnthere lol. I cracking up while I'm writing this because its too funny I spilled half the syringe on my stomach tmi (I'm sorry ). And I jumped right up after insemming because I didn't make sure I was propped up comfortably. It was a total learning experience I'm going to do vial #2 tomorrow around the same time hopefully ill do better lol

Comments

• Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    But did you insem with your boobs in your ears? I have a DP but sometimes he is at work when I had to insem... twice I lay on the floor with my butt on the couch (awkward) and had my boobies in my ears while I did the poke and feel method. Its good for humour, thats for sure!! Oh, and best of luck to you!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Goobie I'm still laughing it was so funny. I was laying on my sofa and I think I was propped up too much there was no way I could have stayed like that for hours
  • Options
    Sassy2uSassy2u Posts: 236
    edited November -1
    OMG This is hilarious. I can't imagine how my first insem will go. Glad that you are able to laugh about it. Goobie obviously knows what she is talking about so make sure those boobs are in your ears tomorrow!! :)
  • Options
    1baby1day1baby1day Posts: 520
    edited November -1
    Too funny! I had the same issues as you did babyluv! I never got a +opk either, but since my stuff was already here I had to use it or let it go bad! I laid on my bed with 2 pillows under my rear. The first time I used the catheter, and even though I went slow I had it coming out by halfway down (about .5ml inserted). I was so upset! The second time I decided to just use the syringe, because we all know how difficult it is to use the (super) flexible catheter all by yourself! I still had some come out, but not as much because I decided to use a small "massager" and got the big O - which I believe helped some of it go down in. (I know TMI!)
    pic1a-1.jpg
    My baby, Stella ~ My nephew Alex and I (Denise) at Thanksgiving 2010
    10 TTC's over 15 months - all BFN
  • Options
    emn'saremn'sar Posts: 393
    edited November -1
    even with two of us we laughed the whole time too....it was awkward and stressful and did i mention awkward!? what's not to laugh about!?

by the 4th time though, i was just downright annoyed and over it. ha, thank god it worked :-)
    IMG_3390_zpse5e180d0.jpg
    IMG_2211_zps372f01d9.jpg
    Avery 2.5 years and Julian 4.5 months
  • Options
    alp75alp75 Posts: 340
    edited November -1
    I'm in the same boat as you. I never got my positive opk but went ahead with an insem. This cycle has gone nothing like I had expected but at least it is a good learning experience! Good luck on tomorrows insem! (Next time I will do without the cath myself and make sure I'm propped with all my goodies!)
    angela1_16393.gif
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    emn'sar wrote:
    by the 4th time though, i was just downright annoyed and over it.

LOL! This is exactly how I feel! :-) I told a close friend the exact same thing awhile ago. After the first few times it's just annoying and certainly isn't in my vocabulary for 'fun'! Buttttttt, if it gets me that beautiful baby, I'll do it every day if I have to!!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks ladies, it feels good to know I'm not the only one who never got an opk + I said their here and I only have the Dewar for 2 more days I'm just going to go with it. Frankly I was tired of poas , opk testing is definitely a learned skill. Good luck ladies
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    Babyluv, I forgot to mention, I was going to tell you that the only month I didn't get a +opk was the month I had a chemical pregnancy, so it definitely worked. I just went by other signs because I didn't want to waste the vial! So, you just never know!!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    I tested with opk's last month and never got a positive. So when I didn't see a positive this month I wasn't surprised and I did insemination #1, Then that night at midnight I got a positive opk. So my second insem was better timed.
    Point is keep testing you never know...

Good luck!
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png