Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

It has been a long week.

LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Boy I'm so happy that this week is over. It was such a long week for me. I work Sunday through Thursday, so this is my Friday. lol

So we decided that we were no inseminating this cycle as we are going to the RE to have me checked out and to see about getting an HSG. I have been very stressed out, excited and nervous all in one about going to a new Dr as you don't know whats going to happen with new meds, etc.

Well, just for kicks I have been testing to see if I would get a smiley on my own this month after being on clomid for 3 months. Well low and behind last nigt at 1030PM I got a smiley. I was so excited you thought it was a BFP. I starting crying. I was very emotional as I though this is an opportunity. What a miracle it was to get my smiley with no meds this cycle just my body working what it has had the last few months. I wanted to call our KD so bad; however my sweet honey said no we can't. We have to go to our RE appointment and need to get the tests needed to make sure that my tubes are open and all that other stuff. It took me a while to calm down, but I did.

So onto tomorrow. Our first RE appointment. So nervous. I pray that everything will work out and we get the answers we need and that we will get our BFP on our next cycle.

Thank you for listening.

Hugs to all.
July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
aW7Dm4.png

Comments

• Options
    Sassy2uSassy2u Posts: 236
    edited November -1
    I am so happy that you got that confirmation that your body is working as it should with no assistance. I hope all of your RE tests go great so you are ready to get that BFP next cycle.
  • Options
    PomsmomeePomsmomee Posts: 162
    edited November -1
    Hugs to you my dear. WONDERFUL about your smiley. Great feeling isn't it? PLEASE keep us posted on your RE appointment, etc. Maybe going there will get all systems ready to rumble and before a cycle or two more have passed, maybe you will be holding the positive pregnancy test! Hugs & support to you both tomorrow. Ask every question you can think of...that is what they are there for. (And we pay them alot) :)
    STOP Puppymills and Irresponsible Backyard Breeders! Be a responsible pet owner:)
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    Congratulations on the smiley! Its wonderful to know your body is on the right track.
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    chandraandamandachandraandamanda Posts: 676
    edited November -1
    Good luck with your tests and congrats on the smiley! We're rooting for you! The first time Amanda finally got a smiley after months of poas, you'd have thought be won the lottery. we were dancing and squealing in the bathroom loud enough to wake the kids up. ha!
    theowlandtheoctopusblog.blogspot.com
    Amanda and Chandra
    DSCF7259-1.jpg
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    *hugs* you know I am here for you - well except for when I kinda blew you off earlier (sorry, my bad!) but I am thinking of you, rooting for you, and sending positive vibes you way. HUGS HUGS HUGS
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Goobie, ty and its kewl I understand.

This is a wonderful circle of friends we have here and I am honored to be here.
    aW7Dm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Loving ~ Yay!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!! girl I get the same way if AF decides to show on time, gives me a glimmer of hope that my body knows what the flip it's supposed to be doing afterall!!

Best of luck at the RE today can't wait to hear what you learn! Today's my first appointment back - first ultrasound to get this cycle going!
    wMgFm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oh my goodness. I'm a nervous wreck this morning. I don't know why I feel this way but I have major anxiety going on.

I sat down last night and filled out my paperwork, wrote all my questions down on paper ( now let's see if I remember to ask them. Lol) and I printed whatever bbt charts that I had.

Praying - I wish you luck on your appt and that everythingt goes according to
    plan!

I will give an update later this afternoon of how it all went.

Hugs
    aW7Dm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good luck - know I am thinking of you!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    jenandlorijenandlori Posts: 584
    edited November -1
    Good luck I sure hope everything goes well with the RE today. let us know!
    Baby Dallas born 11/27/13

IMG_9532_zpsff82306d.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We are out of our RE apppt everything went well. Got lots of info! I will post later with what are next steps are!

Hugs
    aW7Dm4.png
  • Options
    JaisJais Posts: 384
    edited November -1
    Oh good. Can't wait to hear, well read the news. Hopefully you got some good feedback from them.
  • Options
    kandmckandmc Posts: 50
    edited November -1
    Glad things went well! Will look forward to hearing what you found out! As tough as it is sometimes....and we ALL know it's tough to not stress, it's really hard on your body both physically and mentally. So, breathe deep, smile, and know we are all here for you!
    DSC_0906.jpg
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    Good for you for getting more info. Here's to a BFP on this next try:)
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    BabyBugsArrivalBabyBugsArrival Posts: 523
    edited March 2011
    It HAS DEFINITELY been a long week, huh? I'm so excited that you got your smiley and I know the feeling of joy, even at the opk rather than the bfp. When you struggle with trying to figure out what your body is doing, it's so exciting to have some normalcy and predictability!! So yahoo and really happy for you!!!

As for the RE, I hope your appt goes well, and I'm sure you'll feel so relieved after you meet and have a game plan. You'll be back in the ttc race before you know it....with a long awaited BFP! Good luck and sticky baby dust and happy smiley dance! (:
    mommaandme-1.jpg
  • Options
    minnie0672minnie0672 Posts: 1,264
    edited November -1
    To say this has been a long week is an understatement! I hope you got good news from the RE and that you are happy with the plan that you've come up with. It has taken me going to 3 RE's to finally get a plan I'm happy with. 2 more months on Femera and if no BFP I'm off to the world of IVF!
    6 IUI's resulting in BFN. 7th IUI was the fun one with pregnant...then not...then ectopic at 7 weeks...IVF #1 - miscarriage...IVF #2 miscarriage 5w6d...IVF #3 cancelled due to not growing embryos and pneumonia...IVF# 4 same old story...BFP then miscarriage...this is getting old...onto possibly Donor Egg or Donor Embryo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, it appears I was nervous for nothing. lol The doctor that I have chosen at the RE's office is awesome very nice and did not have a problem with the two of us. Very relaxing setting in her office. We talked, she took notes and listened to us both ask questions. We didn't feel rushed at all. After we talked to the dr, she had us talk to her nurse who asked a few more questions and finished filling out paperwork for labs and going over $$$$ of everything. The nurse was awesome as well. We were at the office for over an hour!!!!

Our plan. We will definitely AI with donor sperm in the office with monitoring in April!!! I will be on 150mg Clomid with trigger shot.

Left the office at 12:15 PM and by 2:30 the pharmacy where they place the order for trigger was already calling us. Took my insurance info and said they will call back. By 430 PM they call back. I knew my insurance was not going to cover the trigger; however it is only costing us $59 dollars!! and the nurse said that this medicine will be enough for 2 months! I was so elated of how fast the Drs office took care of calling in this order and how soon the pharmacy called us. Our trigger medicine will be here next week. It will sit in a box until we need it next month.

I have the prescription to fill my clomid, which I will do this weekend. I want to make sure that I have everything ready before we go on vacation.

I have the paperwork to have my HSG done. This will be done either this cycle coming up depending on when I start my period and or it will just wait until next month. Dr and nurse both said that we can have the HSG done the same month we want to AI.

I have lab work that I have to have done on CD 2 or 3. So this will either be done this cycle and or wait for next cycle.

The office is open 364 days a year. The only holiday they are closed on is Christmas. They have on call Dr's so if I need to have AI done on the weekend it will happen.

April is going to be a good month. Thank you everyone!!!

*Hugs*
    aW7Dm4.png
  • Options
    michgirlmichgirl Posts: 406 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    YAY!!!!! It sounds GREAT so excited for you
    f1xTJgw.jpgf1xTm5.png
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    So happy you ladies like your new RE and that you have such a wonderful, well laid out plan for your upcoming cycle!! Come on, BFP!!! How exciting for you both - hope this is the boost you needed!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am SO HAPPY that everything turned out so awesome!! ~happy dance!~ *hugs*
    tt125c22.aspx

• Options
    edited November -1
    Wahoo!!!! SO happy for you!!!!

By chance the pharmacy that called you isn't Schrafts or Walgreens Specialty is it? That's who our RE uses and Ijust thought of them when you said that because they do call you back super fast!

So awesome that the trigger isn't going to cost so much AND that you're getting monitoring as well to see what's going on in there!!
    wMgFm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Praying - Yes it was Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy that called. They were super nice!!

I had a wonderful conversation with my Mom today. Last year I told my Mom that I wanted to try to have a baby again as she was with me 10 years ago when I tried this before when my partner at that time did not want me to have a baby, My Mom went with me to the OBGYN:)

Well today she asked me how my RE apt went and I explained everything to her and she actually sounded very excited for us that we have a plan in action. She is hoping that everything works out for us.

Thank you everyone for being here for support!
    aW7Dm4.png
  • Options
    Beth81392Beth81392 Posts: 486
    edited November -1
    Wonderful news and I am glad your Mom is supportive as well.
    Words cannot even begin to describe how much I love these kids
    BeachDuo.jpg
  • Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    I am so happy to hear about your RE visit. It was last March when I went to visit my RE for the first time. It was such a relief to have someone to tell me that they could help me and they didn't see a reason as to why I couldn't get pregnant, even with my alleged blocked right tube.
    I have an awesome nurse in ATL and they have truly helped relieve my anxiety over all this.
    And one of my fears was to be told that my weight was a problem, but they never made me feel bad about it at all.
    Can't wait until your April journey begins!!!
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Sounds like everything is going great for you. I like the confidence in your posts! I sure hope for the best for you and that baby comes soon! I'm going with the 150 mg of the clomid too this next cycle-a little nervous about that much. Good Luck!
  • Options
    1baby1day1baby1day Posts: 520
    edited March 2011
    It's so good to hear that you've had a positive experience with your RE. Here's hoping to a BFP real soon! If things don't work out for me, I may ask for your Dr's name. :)
    pic1a-1.jpg
    My baby, Stella ~ My nephew Alex and I (Denise) at Thanksgiving 2010
    10 TTC's over 15 months - all BFN