Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

My kids are awesome!

GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
They got home from their dads about an hour ago. I showed them the digital test that I peed on this morning... my 12 year old (Boog) just grinned... my 8 year old (Moosie) started bawling like the world was coming to an end. For ten minutes she went on and on about "I really don't want another baby". Then she calmed down. Asked when the baby would be born. Asked how big it was now. Asked if it was a boy or girl. Asked if she could help name it. Started planning costumes, because I told her I was going to try to have it early on Halloween, but in the morning so we can still go out trick or treating. LOL she held her fingers about an inch apart and said she was "a little excited". I know it will be up and down with her for a while, but she took it much better then I thought she would. Oh, and to prove she is coming around, she not only told Indy not to jump on me "Don't hurt the baby Indy!" but she also farted on me., told me it was for the baby. Now we are a weird family, and this is a sign of endearment, so I think all will be A-OK!

Now I'm going to go enjoy the last of hour together before Boog gets home from babysitting... yes, I told him then sent him off to work, btu he has been asking for a baby for over a year and knew we were trying, so I know he is happy!! And I will have time with just him after Moose goes to bed.
tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    LOL I knew we could not possibly be the only family that farts on each other! We often say: I made that one just for you!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    Sassy2uSassy2u Posts: 236
    edited November -1
    Oh boy. Is farting on each other what I have to look forward to? lol
  • Options
    edited November -1
    LOL Sassy... depends if you have boys or girls... I think the girls are worse!!
    tt125c22.aspx

• Options
    Sassy2uSassy2u Posts: 236
    edited November -1
    Oh no. I am so hoping for a little girl. But I will really feel blessed with a healthy baby of either sex. I am glad that your children are happy to meet their new sibling. Really, really happy for you.
  • Options
    chandraandamandachandraandamanda Posts: 676
    edited November -1
    Chandra was looking over my shoulder while I was reading this. She said, "don"t get any ideas." Our boys are 11 and 7. I bet the 7 year old will feel just like your daughter did when we get pregnant. I bet it felt wonderful to get them back home and share the news with them.
    theowlandtheoctopusblog.blogspot.com
    Amanda and Chandra
    DSCF7259-1.jpg
  • Options
    LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    I'm so happy that everything went well.

We always just try to have a farting contest. Whoose is louder, longer and smellier, lmao. We are not normal either.

Hugs
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hmmm, maybe family farting IS normal, and most people just don't talk about it...

Amanda - the age gap with your boys is the same as with my kids! Do either of them know you are trying?
    tt125c22.aspx

• Options
    edited November -1
    nope. the boys don't know we're trying. and when we finally get pregnant we wont tell them until after the first trimester. it will be difficult, but we know if anything happened it would be a bit much for them to grasp the idea that there was a baby and then there wasn't. Especially with the older one. he is very sensitive and can get lost in his train of thought--which leads to anxiety.
    Amanda and Chandra
    DSCF7259-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    When is his birthday? My son is way sensitive too, he is a true Libra. Moosie is a Gemini, and true to her sign since the day she was born. Boog knew we were trying, Moosie not.
    tt125c22.aspx

• Options
    edited November -1
    Ian and Asa share the same sign (Aquarius). Ian was born the last week of Jan and Asa was born the first week of Feb. They are opposites--like the two identities of Aquarius. Sensitive kiddos are a handful, but they are wonderful contributions to the world! I don't know about yours, but Ian has such understanding for others--even if he takes things so personally. It's pretty amazing!
    Amanda and Chandra
    DSCF7259-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Absolutely!! I feel badly that I post about Moosie all the time and rarely say anything about Boog, but a lot of people think I am lying when I say that my 12 year old sone is the most awesome, sweet, caring, soft spoken, compassionate, loving person I have met. I'll post pics later, but he makes chain maille, is in Air Cadets, and volunteers to walk dogs for fun. Yes, sensitive kids CAN be a handful, he does take a lot personally and is heartbroken when something negative happens, but man is he a joy to have around almost ALL the time.... I mean, c'mon, the kid is hitting puberty and the biggest complaint I have about him is he sometiems sneaks his laptop into his room and plays on facebook for an hour or so after I tuck him into bed!!
    tt125c22.aspx

• Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My daughter would kill me if she knew I posted this.....but when Rebekah was 7 and someone farted she would run over to them and say "ohhhh let me smell your butt". Yeah weird I know. It was a short passing phase but hillarious none the less.
    BREE don't you dare tell her I told anyone!!!

She is almost 25 now and very embarrassed about her childhood antics
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • Options
    edited November -1
    LOL Pam thats hysterical!!!
    tt125c22.aspx

• Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah it was very hysterical. Now when there is a conversation going on about crazy things are kids do/have done and if she is around when the convo is taking place she will just look at me and say "be quiet mom" or "don't you dare" becaause she knows I will start talking about her crazy ass lol.
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16