Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

NO it's TOO EARLY!! (UPDATED)

Trae&TracyTrae&Tracy Posts: 199
edited March 2011 in Trying to Conceive
Okay so typically I do not O until sometime around day 20-22 of my cycle. I used Clomid this cycle and I have read that it can make you O a couple days early or a couple days late! Well I POAS today at about 12:00 p.m. and it was neg. I tested again at 3:00 p.m. and I got a SMILEY!!! The problem is the swimmers don't come until MONDAY!!!!! Depending on what time they get here it will be about 44-48 hrs after my +OPK. I am not exactly sure when I ovulate in relation to when I get the +OPK?!! Now what do I do???? We are getting 2 vials, do I maybe try 1 and send the other one back? Or do I just send them both back, call this cycle a bust, and wait until next month!!! UGGHHHHh I am so frustrated!!! HELP!!!

So as I said below, I tested again yesterday at 9:00 p.m. and the test was negative.

Well I tested again this morning at 8:00 a.m. and the test was negative again so i am wondering if yesterday's test was a false positive. I woke up in the middle of the night to pee at about 2:00 a.m. and then didn't go again until this morning's test at 8. When I pulled the test strip out today, the lines on today's test were definitely darker than the test that came up positive?!?!? I have been checking my cervix and it is high but it is still very firm and feels only partially open. My CM is kind of slippery & cloudy but not stretchy or EWCM. I guess I am just going to keep testing and see what happens.

The confusion continues...I took another test at 1:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. both were negative. Cervix is very high, partially open and firm.
7 home ICI's (2010-15) - BFN
1st medicated IUI w/RE - March 2016 - BFN
2nd medicated IUI/wRE - April 2016 - BFN

Comments

• Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    If you are temping you could see if your temp rises before Monday. You could decide based on when it rises....

Bummer that it was early. Good luck, hope it works out for the best!
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    What CD are you on?

I would definately check you BBT. Depending on when you actualy O you could be okay.

Fingers crossed.
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png
  • Options
    First HopeFirst Hope Posts: 511
    edited November -1
    This just happened to me (kinda) so I am throwing it out there. When was the last day you took clomid? Mine is a little diffent because I did day 3-7 and tested on day 9 and got a smiley but it was an error or false test. I tested after and it was negative. I guess the test detected some of the clomid I was taking. Have you looked at your os to see if it is open? Is NW open on Saturday maybe they could do something.

It sounds like you are probably correct, but you may just want to take another smiley and make sure it is still not detecting the clomid. You seem far enough into it that you probably are not.

Good luck
    tt13112d.aspxQWRVm7.pngDSC_0904-1.jpgDSC_0858-1.jpg
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited March 2011
    Here is my story - I was on clomid and monitored by my doctor for IUI. On Thursday around 1 pm I got my positive although it was a questionable positive so I called the company and she said any portion of the line being darker, blah blah - it's a positive. So I had my first IUI at 4 pm that day. The next day Friday I had another IUI at 4 pm. Based on my body signs I did not ovulate until saturday and I got my positive a couple of weeks later. What CD are you right now? I agree to take another test and pay attention to your bodies other signs.

Good luck.

I just want back and look at your siggy to see it is CD 16. I always o'd on day 17 on clomid. It would seem it was a genuine positive but you can also continue to test until Monday and see if you are still getting positives.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Well I just tested again at 9:00 p.m. and it was negative!??!?! Geeze now I am really confused. I guess I will just keep testing.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It stinks right. I am so confused on my end too. I never knew clomis could give you a false positive. Did you hold your urine long enought as to not have it dilauted and give you a flase negative? You might want to take a peak at your cervix and see what it is up to. I am going crazy with this false positive thing.
    Good luck keep me update.
  • Options
    LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    When I took clomid cd 3 to 7 I would take it at night right before bed and I would get my smiley on cd 16 or 17 (Looked at charts when I was at RE) with FMU at 530 am when I woke up!

You are still in. Test in the morning.

Fingers crossed!
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png
  • Options
    emn'saremn'sar Posts: 393
    edited November -1
    do you temp? what does your chart look like?
    IMG_3390_zpse5e180d0.jpg
    IMG_2211_zps372f01d9.jpg
    Avery 2.5 years and Julian 4.5 months
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately I did not temp this cycle!! :-(
  • Options
    chandraandamandachandraandamanda Posts: 676
    edited November -1
    Ugh! I am so sorry. we have totally missed ovulation before. Only, we ended up using the goods "just in case." A very expensive learning experience for us. Again, just so sorry. That is so frustrating. Are you still testing and checking body signs? I hope it was just a fake-out--to keep you on your toes. Keep us posted. Good luck!
    theowlandtheoctopusblog.blogspot.com
    Amanda and Chandra
    DSCF7259-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well it looks like this cycle is probably a bust. I only got one smiley and that was on Saturday at 3:00 p.m., every other test I have taken has been negative. It seems kind of odd though...is it normal for an OPK to only be positive for a few hours??? I tested at 12:00 p.m. and it was neg. I got the positive at 3:00 pm, then I tested again at 9:00 p.m. and it was negative??? Most of the weekend my cervix was high, felt partially open and firm and when I checked again this morning it was soft but lower and feels closed, so I would assume that I must of ovulated yesterday. Looks like I will be sending the swimmers back when they arrive today. :-(
  • Options
    ncteacherncteacher Posts: 178
    edited November -1
    Ahhh!! You must be so frustrated! I'm really sorry...especially with having to endure the clomid this month....
  • Options
    alp75alp75 Posts: 340
    edited November -1
    I'm confused on opks! I had one day where cvs and cbe digi were both positive ..just a few hours as later that night both neg...and the next day. I checked the third day after a lot of cm and sure enough....another smiley...(this was late in the afternoon) and I had already used all vials based on the previous "positive"(albeit just a few hours) opks.....ugghhhhh. I feel like my swimmers were wasted. ((((Hugs))))
    angela1_16393.gif
  • Options
    BabyBugsArrivalBabyBugsArrival Posts: 523
    edited November -1
    My surges are really short, too. What I've been told is that what really matters is the first surge...bc once your LH reaches that level and peaks, then even if it goes down and back up again that your egg started final stages of maturing and getting ready for O when your body first hit that original LH surge?

Trae, do you know about how long after your +opk that you are ovulating...stupid question i guess, sorry...but have you temped after opk to see how long it takes for the temp surge? I know you're getting closer to the 48 hour mark, and it sucks to waste $ and stress for two weeks for nothing, but if it were me, I'd still be in the game if the tank came early enough today. I don't O until 36-48 hours after my surge. It's def a tough call. But, some people have done insems when they said their cervix was already starting to close and still gotten the BFP.

I really hope it works out either way. Been following you and glad you are back in the ttc game!! Good luck and sticky baby dust!!
    mommaandme-1.jpg
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    Oh, the opk dance is such a pain! My timing was nutty too because I got a positive so much later than expected and then it wasn't even that clear.

I have learned a lot about patience in this process. I've learned I don't have a lot of it! My midwife said to consider it the beginning of motherhood. She says my patience will be tested countless times from the beginning f this process all the way through raising a child.

Angela, try to stay positive. You got a positive opk and you inseminated at some point later. You did it and you never know. This may very well be your BFP month.

Trae, remember that your cervix changes position and firmness through out the day. It might be worth checking one more time when the vials come.

Best of luck to everyone!
    KT
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can you keep your swimmers since you just got them and just keep checking? I know you are further in your cycle than I am but my smiley was the EXACT same as yours. I feel no where near ovulation but I am holding on to those little suckers until I am sure. I am wondering if I will EVER try clomid again.
    Keep your chin up and maybe wait a couple days.
    Thinking of you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was re-reading your post and you said you normally O on day 20-22, if you are only on day 17 I really think you still might have a chance. I really hope you just had a false positive. I can't imagine that for either of us that our surge would only be a few hours.
    I bet you O on day 20-25 since you are doing clomid.
    I just don't want you to send them back and then O later and regret it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The swimmers arrived and I have decided to keep them for a few days and keep testing and monitoring my cervix just to make sure that it wasn't a false positive. If nothing changes in the next few days, I will return the vials and try again next month. @firsthope, is this your first Clomid cycle? This is my first Clomid cycle but I haven't given up on Clomid just yet. If this cycle truly is a bust then I will take the Clomid again next month. @babybugs I am not exactly sure when I am ovulating in relation to the +opk and of course, I did not temp this cycle. The only way I will really know for sure is when AF shows. I have a pretty regular LP of 14 days so this will help me pinpoint the ovulation. I will definitely make sure that I temp next cycle. Thank you all for the encouragement and support. It really does make this journey a bit easier. Lots of sticky babydust to all of you ladies! :-)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yes this is my first clomid cycle. my whole cycle is off. hoping things turn around soon for both of us.