Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Shaeley Mae questions for you

PomsmomeePomsmomee Posts: 162
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
W,

First, I hope you don't mind my questions. I was following your amazing journey to your PRECIOUS Lilianna and I had a couple questions. Please feel free to PM me if you would rather. From charting my cycles it looks like I O pretty close to my surge. Although you don't know for sure which of your insems do you personally think was the "one." I tried two years ago & instead of following my body I focused on the standard insem times.(bad choice!) I will NEVER do that again. Now I have stats to go by and I see I O closer to my LH surge so I will insem sooner after my positve OPK. I will also REALLY follow my body signs and go for it. I noticed you did one prior to your surge, one 2 hours and one later. I thought that was very interesting and look how beautiful the result was. Also did you use ICI or IUI vials and I wasn't certain if you actually used the catheter to deposit sperm closer than just outside your cervix. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. Hope all is well on your end.

I love the picture with Lilianna in the middle of all the books, as an Educator I adore seeing children surrounded with literacy. It enriches their life and future. I am in an area in between Orlando & Tampa and we reccently had a literacy book drive in my county to attempt to assist with our areas astounding rate of children in homes without books. So sad.

Thanks again. :)
C
STOP Puppymills and Irresponsible Backyard Breeders! Be a responsible pet owner:)

Comments

• Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    My pleasure to answer questions. : )
    1) I think my insem at 2 hrs after +OPK was the one that did the job. I insemmed at 11:00pm, and I'm pretty sure I ovulated at 9:30am, so, if I'm right, the sperm were there, waitin on the egg.
    2) I used ICI
    3) Yes, I used a catheter. The first two times I tried to insert the catheter just a little ways (a 1/2 inch maybe), but got discouraged when the sperm concoction just oozed right back out of the os ..... so I just used the rest to coat my cervix. The third time, I just went strictly with the "coating" approach.

Thank you for the compliments. She is truly the light of my life. In fact, just tonight, we had the funnest time taking turns hiding under a huge blanket ...... and then the darn tickle bug kept showing up too ; )
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    PomsmomeePomsmomee Posts: 162
    edited November -1
    Hi there!

Thanks so much for your WONDERFUL responses. Looking at all your informative posts, I also say it sounds like the 2 hours past insem was the jackpot. I am going to use a Speculm this time as well as the catheter. I plan to prop up higher and stay down longer this time, too. My plan is for ICI this time. I am only using Hispanic Ethnicity donors so I need to plan well since there are only a few and ONE I really want. It looks like my preference is not everyone elses top pic so it makes me happy.

Lilianna looks and sounds like such a blessing all around. It is true her outside is BEAUTIFUL but it sounds like her personality puts her off the charts. Isn't it amazing, you can go to the Pottery Barn and spend $$$$ on a selection of toys and then you can play good old fashion Blanket VS the Tickle Monster and have the MOST fun. Thanks for sharing and posting!
    STOP Puppymills and Irresponsible Backyard Breeders! Be a responsible pet owner:)