Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

To switch or not to switch?

mama2bemama2be Posts: 61
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hi all,
DP and I had a chemical pregnancy this last cycle and are wondering if we should stay with our guy, or switch?
We do like him a lot but are scared of another chemical. What did/would you do?

Thanks,
Kris and Jamie

Comments

• Options
    SPJ&ESPJ&E Posts: 874 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    We got pregnant on the first try and had an early miscarriage (at 5 weeks) with the first donor we chose. We felt like switching was the right thing for us to do. Chances are, it had nothing to do with the donor, but we just didn't feel comfortable taking that chance. I felt so guilty at first. I felt like I was, in some way, turning my back on the baby we lost.

Switching was definitely the right choice for us though. Thankfully, we totally fell in love with a different donor profile. This one gave me butterflies and I just knew he was the one. I didn't get that feeling with the first one. I mean, I had a good feeling about the first one, but not the same overwhelming urge that he was the right donor for us, like I got with this one. Turns out, he was the right one, because we were lucky enough to get pregnant on the first try with him and everything is going well so far.

So on one hand, you know you can get pregnant using that donor. On the other hand, it could be a donor issue or an issue between the two of you (although very very doubtful). It's a really personal decision and you guys have to do what you're comfortable with. Good luck!
    Mom to P (13), J (11), E (6), and Q (born December 2017)
  • Options
    slady357slady357 Posts: 18
    edited November -1
    We had a chemical pregnancy the first time we used our donor, then we used him again and we got preggo and it stuck.
    Good Luck!! :)
  • Options
    peppyjdpeppyjd Posts: 114
    edited November -1
    I am so sorry to hear that you have been through a chemical pregnancy. After reading many posts about switching after a m/c or numerous BFNs...and then a BFP result with a new donor, DP and I are dumping our (beloved) donor and moving on to a new donor ourselves this cycle. I think you have to do what feels the best to you after this difficult cycle. I hope the next bean sticks!
    DP to 2moms2be
  • Options
    LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    So sorry for your loss.

Completely understand how you feel. You both will need to sit down and figure what is right for you.

Wishing you luck on your journey!
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png