Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Totally Chicken about baby number 2

mamalee2mamalee2 Posts: 48
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Totally different worries than baby number 1

I am affraid of having a baby with someone I do not know. Baby number 1 is a known donor and has worked out well.

Will the baby be and become a good person, will it be a good fit for our family, will they be healthy, will they be mentally healthy as well as physically healthy?

I am 37 and will be 38 God willing. I would consider only having one or adopting time is precious.

Am I going to go for it?

Comments

• Options
    Sassy2uSassy2u Posts: 236
    edited November -1
    I have chosen this path because I am 34 and have found that I have put off having a baby until now because there has always been "something" I don't like about the men I have dated which causes me to not want to have their child and be tied to them for eternity. I decided that this way, I choose the man who sounds as though they have the qualities I would like my child to have and I will never have that dreaded feeling like I am making a mistake. You have very valid questions about the physical and mental health of the baby. However, the chances of you having a mentally and physically healthy child really have absolutely nothing to do with knowing your partner personally. You will receive all the pertinent medical info on the extended profile so there will be no guesswork there. I think exploring which parts of this new baby are your own and which are a donor's will be part of the fun.