Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Donor 168M

1baby1day1baby1day Posts: 520
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Has anybody used this donor? I'm just curious if anyone has had any positive experiences with him.
pic1a-1.jpg
My baby, Stella ~ My nephew Alex and I (Denise) at Thanksgiving 2010
10 TTC's over 15 months - all BFN

Comments

• Options
    BabyBugsArrivalBabyBugsArrival Posts: 523
    edited March 2011
    We just switched to this donor and I will find out if it worked in the next day or so (:

I don't believe I've come across any others that have listed him as their donor, but I haven't paid too much attention, either. He does have reported pregnancies, though.

Good luck picking!
    mommaandme-1.jpg
  • Options
    jenandlorijenandlori Posts: 584
    edited November -1
    We used him for one cycle and where really excited about him. We got a BFN with him and then after researching on here there was one lady that said his vials where inconsitent with volume and sperm counts. This scared us so we switched. I really like 168M and if this cycle doesn't work with our new donor we may go back to him. Good luck and sorry I am not much help!
    Baby Dallas born 11/27/13

IMG_9532_zpsff82306d.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you ladies! I appreciate your insight, I used him this cycle so we'll see if it turns out to be a BFP in the next week or so.
    BabyBugs - maybe we'll have half-siblings the same exact age! :)
    pic1a-1.jpg
  • Options
    BabyBugsArrivalBabyBugsArrival Posts: 523
    edited November -1
    well, unfortunately, I don't think it worked this cycle ): Today is cd15 and still getting bfns. But AF hasn't arrived either, so? I really would love to know of others who have used him. Honestly, I'm not one who is weird about that stuff. I think it's an awesome opportunity to get to know any half siblings. So, I hope that this month is our month and we both get lucky and knocked up!!! Good luck in choosing your donor and with ttc. Keep us posted! Oh PS, we got to see the swimmers under the microscope at the iui. I didn't really know what to expect. I kinda expected to see more swimmers, but I still saw lots and the dr said "yep, lots of swimmers". I know for a fact that he commented to my friends (who just got pregnant with donor sperm) that their 2nd vial didn't have as many swimmers and seemed like a kinda low count (they used ccb)...so I feel like if it was an unusually small amount of swimmers in my 168 vial he would've said something. Course, I could be wrong. Again, good luck!!
    mommaandme-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    BabyBugs - I'm glad you're not weird about the sibling thing, I didn't even think about it when I put that comment out there! Here's hoping your BFN's become BFP's!!
    pic1a-1.jpg
  • Options
    ncteacherncteacher Posts: 178
    edited November -1
    KNS, what in his profile made you change you mind?
  • Options
    KNSKNS Posts: 399
    edited November -1
    He didn't include much medical info. The donor we went with included more, other than that 168M was fine. (hope I didn't freak you out!)

For us lots of medical history was important and I really liked the education and hobbies of the donor we are using.
    Karen
  • Options
    ncteacherncteacher Posts: 178
    edited November -1
    Whew! Thanks!
  • Options
    wantingtobeamommiewantingtobeamommie Posts: 12
    edited November -1
    This is our first month with NW and we are using 168m. We have 2 vials and plan on doing back to back IUIs tomorrow (tues) and Wednesday.