Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

ovulation after miscarriage

mama2bemama2be Posts: 61
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
How soon after a miscarriage do you ovulate? Do you count first day of bleeding as cycle day 1? Our HCG was only 18 at its highest. We want to try again this month but are unsure when to have swimmers delivered.

Thanks!
K & J

Comments

• Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    I have read on web md and fertility friend that many people ovulate as soon as two weeks after miscarriage.

I hope that this round is successful. Good luck!
    KT
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    SPJ&ESPJ&E Posts: 874 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I miscarried at 5 weeks and my hcg was 25 that day. My period came back the following month, a couple days later than it normally would have been. I ovulated on day 15, I think it was, as I always do, and did get pregnant that cycle. For some, it takes a while for their cycle to return and get back to normal (or close to it) though.

I would definitely wait until your cycle returns though. There's no guarantee you will ovulate within that 2 weeks after the miscarriage and that's a lot of money to throw down the drain if you don't.
    Mom to P (13), J (11), E (6), and Q (born December 2017)
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    Our last miscarriage was similar to SP&J's experience...

When you miscarry this early on usually you will ovulate the very next cycle around the same time as long as your HCG levels return to normal and you get your period (or bleed for about the same amount of time due to the miscarriage).

We also got pregnant the very next cycle and I am now at 36wks. :-)

Best of luck!
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png