Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

when did u .. ai ..after o

tyme2risetyme2rise Posts: 1,087
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Just woundering when did u all ai? And what were ur results?
Some day my dreams will come true!

Comments

• Options
    RW17RW17 Posts: 197
    edited November -1
    After ovulation?

The time that worked we did three vials 12, 30 and 42 hours after or so. It was the first time we had one 42 hours after so I wonder if that was the one that worked. Who knows though...
  • Options
    PtownMomsPtownMoms Posts: 768
    edited November -1
    We went with right when I got the positive OPK, 12 hours later...and about 14ish hours after that. The result was Finn. HA. : )
    Carrie & Monica

sig_zps0be86692-1_zpse4fe5311.jpg
  • Options
    SPJ&ESPJ&E Posts: 874 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our first cycle we did 12 and 26 hrs. past smiley and got a BFP, but miscarried. Our second cycle, we used a different donor and did 9 and 26 hrs. past smiley (had to work around Christmas morning) and the result is the baby we are pregnant with now.
    Mom to P (13), J (11), E (6), and Q (born December 2017)
  • Options
    tyme2risetyme2rise Posts: 1,087
    edited November -1
    We are only going to use one vial. ?
    Some day my dreams will come true!
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    We only did 1 vial once we moved onto doc assisted IUI's. The BFP cycle for that was 24hrs after +OPK, but again it was an IUI.

At-home AI we timed much like Carrie (PtownMoms)...three vials, one at +OPK, 12hrs later and 12hrs after that. We got a BFP that way as well but it ended in miscarriage.
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    RW17RW17 Posts: 197
    edited November -1
    With one vial I'd go with 24 hours and if that didn't work for a few months then I'd sometimes do it at 12 and sometimes at 36
  • Options
    hpflmommeez2bhpflmommeez2b Posts: 118
    edited November -1
    if your planning to use 2 vials how far after +opk should you insem? i read somewhere that you should have the sperm waiting in the FT for the egg to be released since sperm lives up 2 3 days and an egg 1 day
    2qwlfcx.jpg
    ME with the glasses! DP green shirt!!!
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    I did one right before OPK (bad timing but I thought I'd missed my surge and I had tons of EWCM for a couple days.)
    Then that eve I got a OPK+ and I did second IUI 18 hours after.

Keep in mind that IUI sperm lives less time than ICI sperm.
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png