Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

In my head?? Crampy while on Femara?

edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
OK I'm like Day 3 - taking dose 4 of Femara tonight - 5mgs.......anyone feel kind of crampy by this point? I'm thinking it's maybe in my head? I'm starting injectibles on Wednesday -

Never done Femara before - but just wondering if anyone had that sensation? Not super crampy, just kind of "aware" of that area?
wMgFm5.png

Comments

• Options
    footprintsfootprints Posts: 235
    edited November -1
    Yes, cramping on Femera is natural. Wishing you lots of luck!
    tt12ed52.aspx
  • Options
    minnie0672minnie0672 Posts: 1,264
    edited November -1
    I'll be honest, I'm on Femera for the first time this month and I feel absolutely NOTHING! I'm actually a bit concerned about that. I'm supposed to go in on Thursday for blood and ultrasound and I'm really concerned that this cycle is going to be cancelled. Almost makes me want to go take some of the Clomid I have sitting upstairs.
    6 IUI's resulting in BFN. 7th IUI was the fun one with pregnant...then not...then ectopic at 7 weeks...IVF #1 - miscarriage...IVF #2 miscarriage 5w6d...IVF #3 cancelled due to not growing embryos and pneumonia...IVF# 4 same old story...BFP then miscarriage...this is getting old...onto possibly Donor Egg or Donor Embryo
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    I took Femara on our BFP cycle and felt absolutely NOTHING...but it worked. :-)
    Mind you I wasn't on anything else...just Femara CD 5-9 and an IUI on CD15. BFP!
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks ladies!

I'm happy to hear that some cramping is normal, like I'd said it's not like AF cramps - just an awareness? Maybe "cramping" is a bad way to describe it.

Minnie I'm pulling for you!!! Hope to hear great things from you on Thursday!
    wMgFm5.png
  • Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    when I was on Femara I really didn't feel anything. But a few days after doing the injectibles I did feel some pressure then.
    Good luck!
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK.....so I'm on day 5 of Femara (tonight is my last dose) - this morning I've got brown spotting....anyone have this?? Lots of pressure down in that area - I'm going to call the RE and see if this is normal before freaking out too much.

Of course I did the Google search - seems like some people have this - some have said the docs said it was a cyst rupturing....I've never really had cysts - others have said the doc said it was the body responding to it.

At least I know the feelings I'm having apparently AREN'T in my head. Grrrr!!!!
    wMgFm5.png
  • Options
    minnie0672minnie0672 Posts: 1,264
    edited November -1
    Thanks! I'm not going to take the clomid...we'll just see what Thursday morning shows. They are going to have me do a trigger shot as well which we'll probably do Thursday-Saturday depending on what Thursday morning shows. Fingers crossed!
    6 IUI's resulting in BFN. 7th IUI was the fun one with pregnant...then not...then ectopic at 7 weeks...IVF #1 - miscarriage...IVF #2 miscarriage 5w6d...IVF #3 cancelled due to not growing embryos and pneumonia...IVF# 4 same old story...BFP then miscarriage...this is getting old...onto possibly Donor Egg or Donor Embryo
  • Options
    BabyBugsArrivalBabyBugsArrival Posts: 523
    edited November -1
    I was a bit crampy, too. And, I think we are all kinda hypersensitive to any signs or physical manifestations that are completely normal with all women who just don't notice them.

Hang in there! But I really would not take the clomid!!! Clomid is an estrogen blocker and Femara is an aromatase inhibitor...they both work to boost your FSH and LH, but in different ways to get to that point. I would say you would have a higher chance of your cycle being cancelled if you did take both!

I hope your appt goes well and you have great success this first round on the Femara! Sticky, joyful baby dust!!
    mommaandme-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Called the doc this morning she said that some spotting is normal *phew!* tonight's the last night! Box of Bravelle (FSH) was on the porch when I got home - shooting up starting tomorrow night! whoop whoop!

And I should add as far as the spotting goes after this morning I didn't really notice anything more. Doc said that she sees it often in women on their first cycle of Femara?? Whatever as long as it's not a negative thing its all good.

Still crampy...
    wMgFm5.png
  • Options
    ChrysanthemumChrysanthemum Posts: 1,205 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I didn't have any side effects to femara BUT my follicles didn't respond either.
    I am back to clomid.....