Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

any help??

care&alicare&ali Posts: 362
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
so a couple weeks ago i finished all my blood work and the doc says we're good to go. so, tomorrow is day 3 of AF and im not sure what to expect. i know that we'll be doing some type of injectable drug to help me ovulate before doing an assited IUI. so my question is, what can i expect tomorrow and about how long after the injectable drugs would i be ovulating?

thanks in advance.. care
093bbc9d-2fa9-4ee5-9cf5-b9d31af5141b_4BW.jpg

Comments

• Options
    LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    If I havn't said so already welcome!!!!

I don't have much to say as I have only used clomid. Our cycle in April we will be assisted with the RE and doing clomid with a trigger shot. The clomid will be taken 3 to 7 and I will use the trigger shot based on my ultrasounds around cd 12. Typically I O anywhere from cd 14 to cd 17; however when you are on meds, your body will work differently.

I would definately see if you can call and talk to the dr and or the dr's nurse to have all your questions answered based on your situtation.

I wish you good luck and a sticky BFP!
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png
  • Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    hello! I used injectables. My RE did have me on femara (pill) from day 3-5 then I would start injectibles but this last cycle that was successful (big smile), I only did follistim.
    They had me start on day 3 and I started at 300units. But I am 40 and it was my 3rd try with meds.
    I had my IUI on CD13 and my follicles were minutes away from releasing according to the Ultra sound.
    I did a trigger shot 37 hrs prior to my IUI. Your RE should do several US to check the rate your follicles are growing.
    Good luck!!
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • Options
    care&alicare&ali Posts: 362
    edited November -1
    thank you!
    093bbc9d-2fa9-4ee5-9cf5-b9d31af5141b_4BW.jpg